DIVISION 1 PREDICTIONS

DubStat

Ohio wrestling analytics
Division 1 Predictions added to the State Tournament Hub

Let me know what else you'd like to see in the Hub.

Interesting bit, Ed's low score is 170 and MP's high is 186.
What are the key things that need to happen for MP to make this close?

Interesting bit, Ed's low score is 170 and MP's high is 186.
What are the key things that need to happen for MP to make this close?
Without researching it much, right off the top of my head I would say Massillon Perry would need to have 4-5 finalist to start with

Without researching it much, right off the top of my head I would say Massillon Perry would need to have 4-5 finalist to start with
I think that is very possible, I could see both of the rohrs (106,120), Seibert (113), Johnson (165) and ofc Fockler at 285. Johnson, fockler and Mason Rohr looks like complete locks to be in the finals and the others have a good chance to find themselves competing on sunday night.

I think that is very possible, I could see both of the rohrs (106,120), Seibert (113), Johnson (165) and ofc Fockler at 285. Johnson, fockler and Mason Rohr looks like complete locks to be in the finals and the others have a good chance to find themselves competing on sunday night.
You’re forgetting Curtis

Some big ones outside of the finals for this to happen would be McBurney finishing higher than Manns, Warwick higher than O'Brien, Geckler higher than Eaton, and Millin higher than Slaper.
I think Mcburney and Geckler definitely place higher than their St. eds counterpart, but Warwick and Milliin will be long shots. I think Millin has a better chance though.
you really think that peterson is going to beat birden?????

I think Mcburney and Geckler definitely place higher than their St. eds counterpart, but Warwick and Milliin will be long shots. I think Millin has a better chance though.

you really think that peterson is going to beat birden?????

I had to re-look at the bracket to confirm they are on the same side. My guess is @E&c23A thought he was on the opposite side of the bracket???

Birden is the 2nd biggest favorite (behind Blaze) to win his weight class.

I've been rooting for Ed's to lose the team title for 13 years (in a fun, joking with guys of my day type of way). If they lose it because of the 165 bracket this year it is an asterisk year. The available bonus points and placement points on the top half is by far greater than the bottom. Individual doesn't matter-- Birden is by far the best. Team points however--Something needs to change. Dubstat seeding soon?

Rohr/Mazur -106 - Would love to see this finals
Seibert/Timar-113 (Seacrist/Burnett also make this a great weight)
Brown/Rohr-120 - Would love to see this finals
Manns/Mcburney-126 - Chase to place
Butler-Dulcie-138 - Chase to Place
144-Bennett - Team points wins.
150-Obrien/Warwick - Can Obrien hold off the underclassman?
157-Geckler/Eaton - Grit battle for points.
165-Peterson/Johnson ( ****)
175-Horak/Miller- Horak is Miller 2 years behind...
190-Ristoff/Miller - Behind Blaze & Birden isn't he the favorite?
215/Millin/Slaper - bracket is tough for points.
285-Fockler- Bennet or miller need to ace some points to match Fockler.

Bennett and Fockler offset. 106 -120 are 50/50. Millers are favorites. Split 126 and 138. Split 150/157. Across the board most weight are at the same competitive level. I think it comes to 165. Looks like Peterson beat Johnson twice this year. I think Johnson easily takes 2nd with bonus points along the way (without really beating anyone in the top 10). Peterson will battle to place on that side. Could go 3-6 (or just as easily not even place) but be much tougher than johnson going 2nd. IMO- Peterson taking 8th is harder than Johnson taking 2nd. His side of the bracket has Rizzo/Willen and Birden whom been top 4 along with Peterson for the season. George/Saito in consis. Johnson has to beat a few 10-20 guys, should grab some bonus points and make it to the finals where he most likely gets tech'd (seeing how peterson majored him) and Birden is another 5 levels beyond that. By no means is that a discount to Johnson whom had an incredible sectionals and a great season.

Birden Wins Easily - (Probaby clears everyone from from 157 to JR MILLER?)
Josnson gets lucky- Worked too hard to get the **
Peterson gets it tough- After winning the hardest district. *shameful
Rizzo/Willen- have a hard road...should of won districts but at least Brecksville/LaSalle have a chance to stop Eds from winning **

Is this worse than the 2022 157 bracket? Team points on the line.....I say so.

MP wins on a bad bracket....? I'm pulling for a riggs victory but hope it isn't on the margin of this bracket.

Wrestling fans want to see this battle play its course. Next year will be even closer?
Dubstat fix brackets for us in the future!!!!
132 is Butler - Dulcie
138 is Brown - Curtis

Also what do you mean by Riggs? You mean McBurney (head coach)

Love your post tho

I've been rooting for Ed's to lose the team title for 13 years (in a fun, joking with guys of my day type of way). If they lose it because of the 165 bracket this year it is an asterisk year. The available bonus points and placement points on the top half is by far greater than the bottom. Individual doesn't matter-- Birden is by far the best. Team points however--Something needs to change. Dubstat seeding soon?

Rohr/Mazur -106 - Would love to see this finals
Seibert/Timar-113 (Seacrist/Burnett also make this a great weight)
Brown/Rohr-120 - Would love to see this finals
Manns/Mcburney-126 - Chase to place
Butler-Dulcie-138 - Chase to Place
144-Bennett - Team points wins.
150-Obrien/Warwick - Can Obrien hold off the underclassman?
157-Geckler/Eaton - Grit battle for points.
165-Peterson/Johnson ( ****)
175-Horak/Miller- Horak is Miller 2 years behind...
190-Ristoff/Miller - Behind Blaze & Birden isn't he the favorite?
215/Millin/Slaper - bracket is tough for points.
285-Fockler- Bennet or miller need to ace some points to match Fockler.

Bennett and Fockler offset. 106 -120 are 50/50. Millers are favorites. Split 126 and 138. Split 150/157. Across the board most weight are at the same competitive level. I think it comes to 165. Looks like Peterson beat Johnson twice this year. I think Johnson easily takes 2nd with bonus points along the way (without really beating anyone in the top 10). Peterson will battle to place on that side. Could go 3-6 (or just as easily not even place) but be much tougher than johnson going 2nd. IMO- Peterson taking 8th is harder than Johnson taking 2nd. His side of the bracket has Rizzo/Willen and Birden whom been top 4 along with Peterson for the season. George/Saito in consis. Johnson has to beat a few 10-20 guys, should grab some bonus points and make it to the finals where he most likely gets tech'd (seeing how peterson majored him) and Birden is another 5 levels beyond that. By no means is that a discount to Johnson whom had an incredible sectionals and a great season.

Birden Wins Easily - (Probaby clears everyone from from 157 to JR MILLER?)
Josnson gets lucky- Worked too hard to get the **
Peterson gets it tough- After winning the hardest district. *shameful
Rizzo/Willen- have a hard road...should of won districts but at least Brecksville/LaSalle have a chance to stop Eds from winning **

Is this worse than the 2022 157 bracket? Team points on the line.....I say so.

MP wins on a bad bracket....? I'm pulling for a riggs victory but hope it isn't on the margin of this bracket.

Wrestling fans want to see this battle play its course. Next year will be even closer?
Dubstat fix brackets for us in the future!!!!
Peterson beat Johnson 7-6 at state duals. Lol your funny.

Didn't mean to take anything away from Johnson at all. This went the wrong direction.... He deserves to be there 100%. I'll take the post down, the point was as a fan would of liked to see some of the competition on his side of the bracket. Birden is too good for everyone in that bracket but 2-6ish are really good matches and in my opinion Johnson is the only contendor of that 2-6ish group on that side. Sorry anyone took it any other way. would never say anything bad about a wrestler. kids work too hard for that.
My thing is that Johnson earned it, it was not given to him. He beat a very good Rizzo at districts. Now what he does with that draw is up to him. He's got to earn it again this weekend to be in the finals.