7. - Beavercreek (1) - 94
8. - Pickerington North - 85
9. - Olentangy - 44
10- Westerville South - 32
..... Pickerington Central - 20
..... St. Edward - 16
..... Gahanna Lincoln - 15
..... Jackson - 10

Very weird in my opinion, like usual new coaches probably screwed it up and a couple left Darby off completely.

Darby has the most 1st place votes by quite a margin. My rankings would be as follows:

1. Darby
2. Centerville
3. St. X
4. Moeller
5. Elder

True, but it's my understanding that the individual teams can update their own scores on the website. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Individual teams can, but he issue is they don't even have their schedule up... They just played in a tournament in Chicago. If you don't know the program you wouldn't know that. Especially if you're a new coach without much experience

Do pools really matter? It's all speculation and carries no weight. However you finish the season is what really matters.

I know that Moeller did go 3-2, which is alright, and Darby probably went 2-3, which for them is not to good. That could be why they were put so low by some coaches, but still it is way too early in the season to really tell what the rankings should be. I think the rankings should be what @Brambleberry said in the beginning.

Ohio this year is different.. There aren't really any great teams. There are a few that are very good, but the level of play is down extensively across the state.

Dejon Clark is extremely talented and super athletic, but he plays on a very average team.

Darby is good, but aren't great. Don't have a dominant, go to guy. Ian is a great setter, but don't have a go to hitter.

Westerville South has some real nice pieces, and has a go to guy in Woodson(he is a "go to" kind of guy), but aren't great.

Overall there is a huge lack of middles across the state. No Kelso, McAndrews, Melsop, etc. Mancz and Modovlan are the best IMO.. But not anywhere near those previously mentioned

I know that Moeller did go 3-2, which is alright, and Darby probably went 2-3, which for them is not to good. That could be why they were put so low by some coaches, but still it is way too early in the season to really tell what the rankings should be. I think the rankings should be what @Brambleberry said in the beginning.

Darby was 2-3.

Ohio this year is different.. There aren't really any great teams. There are a few that are very good, but the level of play is down extensively across the state.

Dejon Clark is extremely talented and super athletic, but he plays on a very average team.

Darby is good, but aren't great. Don't have a dominant, go to guy. Ian is a great setter, but don't have a go to hitter.

Westerville South has some real nice pieces, and has a go to guy in Woodson(he is a "go to" kind of guy), but aren't great.

Overall there is a huge lack of middles across the state. No Kelso, McAndrews, Melsop, etc. Mancz and Modovlan are the best IMO.. But not anywhere near those previously mentioned

McAndrews played outside in high school.

I would say it's similar to last year. St. X was the best team throughout the regular season, but then got beat by a above average team that got hot at the right time. I do think that St. X last year was the best team in the state last year overall, and would be better than any team this year, but I think it's too early to say the state is down less than two weeks into the season.

Unless you've seen Darby, Centerville, St. X, Moeller, and Elder all already play this year?

For your comments about the middles, no love for a 1st team all state player last year as a junior(Schindler)? Or arguably Cinci Attack 18-1's best hitter (Bruggeman)?

I agree, I think Bruggemann and Schindler are the top two middles in the state! It's early to say who will be where in the state when it's all over. I agree that St X was the best team all year. Darby just got hot at the right time. Heck I think Beavercreek over Moeller was an upset too. Maybe the playing field is leveling out?

The Darby and Creek wins were definitely upsets, but those two teams were playing the best ball that weekend which is why they were the last 2 standing.

I think Elder at #2 is too high right now, they're still figuring out some things but they have the potential to be very good.

First off i did forget about Schindler and Bruggemann, I would put them in the top 3.. with Mancz. Modovlan probably number 4. I am sorry about the omissions.

Last season I agree X was the best team for the majority of the season, and was shocked when they lost. I didn't think Darby was going even going to take them past 4. Creek was solid, and used great setting from Noah Boos and some surprising freshman talent in Mikesh to make a run.

I am saying as a whole the state is down, because of the talent lost from last years senior class. Will it be strong at the top, yes it always is. But there really arent any superstar D2 teams and after the Top 5 in the state there is a pretty big dropoff. Teams have potential(Like Westerville South) but overall I just don't see the quality across the board like there was last year.

4/10 Division 1 Coaches Poll

1. - Centerville (9) - 190
2. - Elder (3) - 179
3. - Hilliard Darby (8) - 158
4. - St. Xavier (1) - 148
5. - St. Ignatius - 117
6. - Archbishop Moeller - 100
7. - Beavercreek - 80
8. - Pickerington North - 73
9. - Olentangy - 37
10- Lakota East - 20
..... Westerville South - 14
..... Gahanna Lincoln - 10
..... St. Edward - 8
..... Westerville North - 8

Not much shakeup since last week. Moeller below St Ignatius is interesting. Not sure if the coaches actually believe Ignatius would win head to head, or just showing them love for beating the teams they should beat thus far

With St X taking out Centerville earlier this week, does that make the winner of the Elder-X match tonight the State's new #1?

Sure does. Lakota East has been a solid team thus far. The Kuhlman clan (Evan Jr, and his twin brothers Fr) have been leading the way. Crazy how Kuhlman has such skill and does not even play club. Easily the front runner for GMC POY

Tonight's Elder v X match and tomorrow's Darby v Moeller match will shed some light, but the Centerville Elite tournament will be the true test. Then we will know how the rankings should stack up. Until then, it's all smoke.

Tonight's Elder v X match and tomorrow's Darby v Moeller match will shed some light, but the Centerville Elite tournament will be the true test. Then we will know how the rankings should stack up. Until then, it's all smoke.

We're still 2 weeks from the Elite. A lot can happen between now and then. Still, some of the best teams at the Elite haven't won the title. 2010 Elder finished 5th or 6th and St X 2015 won it. I know there's been more but those two come to mind.

You're correct, but it will let everyone know where they stand. However the state tournament is all that matters. Anyone can win, as we saw last year...

They will be a good team with a great record, however they play in the north(bad teams) and they don't have a good coach with the ability to take a team to the next level.

Who won the elder X match and what were the scores? Someone said Darby beat Moeller in 4, does any know the scores? I couldn't make either match