• Archbishop Alter by 1-7

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Archbishop Alter by 8-16

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Archbishop Alter by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People seem to always point that out in what appears to be an attempt to embarrass them. It's no big surprise that a urban school does not travel well - I'm sure there are various reasons. Glenville was also the only school that showed up at Tom Benson Stadium in shirts, ties and red blazers. It seems whenever a urban school has success in any sport you always here - there were hardly any fans there. I'm sure they would love to play in front a rowdy crowd like the rural schools and privates do - they unfortunately can't. These kids play for themselves and their coaches in most cases.
You seem to be wanting to argue. Try elsewhere. I have nothing bad to say about any of the kids who play for Glenville or any other school nor do I have a problem with the fans who show up or the ones that do not. I hope this clears things up for you.

Don't be like that tell me how it is insane and by the way I hate basketball. I am so thankful for wrestling otherwise it would be a long winters night. Be level with me. Open my eyes so I can see my errors of thought.
It was a business trip to complete a 4 year and for a lot of those kids a 10+ year journey with each other. Just because you personally didnt see a bunch of emotion doesnt mean they went through the motions or didnt really care. Thats a very special group of seniors that took it upon themselves to bring the program back. Last night was very meaningful. It was just dominance that took a ton preparation this week and execution. They dont just roll the balls out. The Avon game was a great game they didnt lose to them or Hoban for that matter because they go thru the motions against inferior opponents. Those teams were better that night and thats okay.

Also we went from "they were throwing up gang signs" after Perkins to "they didnt show enough emotion." And Im not attacking you personally but it seems like these kids cant do sh- without somebody tryna twist their actions to fit a narrative

Your speaking to the wall. Many people have a pre conceived opinion of Glenville and your not going to change - even if you have facts. They don't realize many kids left because the program shut down during covid - only to return once the program restarted. The kids and school is unfairly judged by people who feel the team should be playing elsewhere and not against their schools. This is a high profile program with back to back titles. If they are doing something wrong I'm sure the OHSAA has them under their microscope. If you have any issue take it up with the OHSAA - not these kids.

Your speaking to the wall. Many people have a pre conceived opinion of Glenville and your not going to change - even if you have facts. They don't realize many kids left because the program shut down during covid - only to return once the program restarted. The kids and school is unfairly judged by people who feel the team should be playing elsewhere and not against their schools. This is a high profile program with back to back titles. If they are doing something wrong I'm sure the OHSAA has them under their microscope. If you have any issue take it up with the OHSAA - not these kids.
Yes. Most of them left, went to Shaw and they had a great season that year.

Last year Wyoming was a dominant team in region and I mean dominant, this year Alter was a seriously good team this year playing division 1,2 and 3 teams and in the GLC and dominated playoffs. watched both games in person! Both teams didn’t have a chance! No dog in either fight….by the way. Somethings gotta give, come on OHSSA get your act together before someone gets hurt! Ted Ginn you know it man come on. This academy thing loophole has to go away..I actually admire what you’re doing and respect your players for their skills but play where you belong. You will still dominate. Stop robbing kids in this division that deserve the ring. If I were you I’d actually request to be moved

Congrats to Glenville great game great season. Played a difficult schedule is truly best team in D4, D3,D2 (Where they should be) and could be D1 . Outstanding offensive line play, best running back in state and a great quarterback. (Need to mention receivers as well) Defense big fast and tough.

Play Alter 10 times and would win 10 times.

Alter had outstanding season, went far beyond expectations. Will miss the senior's leadership and skills next year. Congrats on a season filled with mystigue.

Marion Local is a product of going to seven divisions. I believe they would still have won several titles if there were only 6 divisions but it would have been much more difficult. They have always been a small school with no open enrollment or any other type of help getting kids in to play football. Glenville on the other hand is getting kids in from all over. They have also moved down several divisions based on what most believe as falsified enrollment or CB numbers. On top of that the loophole with Ginn Academy is brilliant. BUT……. OHSAA has created both of these monsters. There is absolutely no reason to have 7 divisions and there is no reason that they left these loopholes open that Glenville has found.
From the city of Cleveland half of the kids played together in youth football so they reunited some just to win for the city of Cleveland

From the city of Cleveland half of the kids played together in youth football so they reunited some just to win for the city of Cleveland
Do you know how silly that sounds? "We put these kids together years ago." "We're putting 500,000 against 15,000."

You're not helping yourself. And no, I don't think that most of Cleveland (or even a sizable chunk) gives a rat's patootie about Glenville football. If they wanted to part of it, then why do ~80% of the kids who live in the Glenville district choose to attend school elsewhere?

So, what's the deal with the "Us vs. Everyone" nonsense you posted?

Last year, 16 Glenville/Ginn Academy football players signed letters of intent, while D4 Glenville High School graduated a total of 18 boys in the class of 2023. This season's transfer portal brought them 13+ varsity letter winners from other high schools. It's not like they haven't been caught cheating before and the state did end up holding out multiple transfers in the playoffs this season, just not the best ones. Not to mention bringing in double digit transfers annually with a zero cb for three years in a row.

What's going on over there is not normal, and it should be closely monitored. It has nothing to do with race. Congrats to Ginn Academy and the City of Cleveland on your Back-to-Back D4 State Championships.

Merry Christmas, Yappi! See ya next year!
I said that because everyone has come out bashing them. And like I’ve said many times it sure doesn’t seem right. It seems to me the problem is in the OHSAA rules not Glenville.

Do you know how silly that sounds? "We put these kids together years ago." "We're putting 500,000 against 15,000."

You're not helping yourself. And no, I don't think that most of Cleveland (or even a sizable chunk) gives a rat's patootie about Glenville football. If they wanted to part of it, then why do ~80% of the kids who live in the Glenville district choose to attend school elsewhere?
The seniors had been playing with each other forever just like the average yappi user's wet dream desires. There are articles on the story. Try taking a timeout from hating and look it up since yall look up everything else Glenville related

Last year Wyoming was a dominant team in region and I mean dominant, this year Alter was a seriously good team this year playing division 1,2 and 3 teams and in the GLC and dominated playoffs. watched both games in person! Both teams didn’t have a chance! No dog in either fight….by the way. Somethings gotta give, come on OHSSA get your act together before someone gets hurt! Ted Ginn you know it man come on. This academy thing loophole has to go away..I actually admire what you’re doing and respect your players for their skills but play where you belong. You will still dominate. Stop robbing kids in this division that deserve the ring. If I were you I’d actually request to be moved
Man I felt this pain🤣🤣🤣🤣

So, what's the deal with the "Us vs. Everyone" nonsense you posted?

Last year, 16 Glenville/Ginn Academy football players signed letters of intent, while D4 Glenville High School graduated a total of 18 boys in the class of 2023. This season's transfer portal brought them 13+ varsity letter winners from other high schools. It's not like they haven't been caught cheating before and the state did end up holding out multiple transfers in the playoffs this season, just not the best ones. Not to mention bringing in double digit transfers annually with a zero cb for three years in a row.

What's going on over there is not normal, and it should be closely monitored. It has nothing to do with race. Congrats to Ginn Academy and the City of Cleveland on your Back-to-Back D4 State Championships.

Merry Christmas, Yappi! See ya next year!
This thread is evidence of that statement "US vs Everyone".

I Changed my profile pick!!! Just to let you folks know!!! I used a lot of the comments on yappi to motivate my Team!!! All the negative and hateful comments fueled our drive!! I enjoyed quoting you guys!!! #Back2Back

Congratulations to Glenville on a dominant performance. It is extremely difficult to win a state title let alone 2 in back to back years. The rest of D4 has to figure it out!
How does a normal d4 team figure this out? The outcome of this years playoffs was well known at this time last year. Work harder ? LOL This subject has turned into beyond bizarro. Just like everything else in today’s society , in the name of social justice , we’re to expect what we get and shut up .

How does a normal d4 team figure this out? The outcome of this years playoffs was well known at this time last year. Work harder ? LOL This subject has turned into beyond bizarro. Just like everything else in today’s society , in the name of social justice , we’re to expect what we get and shut up .
Perkins almost figured it out, Van Wert as well last year. Nothing bizarre about that. Get better and beef up your schedules with better teams. Also WTF does this have to do with social justice?????

Last edited:
There is no Academy loophole, the only kids that go to Ginn Academy and play for Glenville live in Glenville's district and count in their enrollment numbers.

Shuddup buddy. Stop crying. OHSAA doesn't allow schools to play up. I wish they would, though. Glenville would gladly do so. Problem for you is that if Glenville wins in a higher division, and I believe that they can and will, you'll still find something to cry about.

Glenville Tarblooders, back-to-back state champions!

Deal with that!

Perkins almost figured it out, Van Wert as well last year. Nothing bizarre about that. Get better and beef up your schedules with better teams. Also WTF does this have to do with social justice?????
You say one word and your called a racist.Figure it out means , wait another 50 + years and wait and hope for a team of a lifetime to come around.

Last edited:
There is no Academy loophole, the only kids that go to Ginn Academy and play for Glenville live in Glenville's district and count in their enrollment numbers.
That is a loophole. Key phrase is "play for Glenville". The other kids who live in the Glenville zone and attend GA but don't play aren't counted -- nor are the hundreds who live in the Glenville district but attend other schools and have not received athletic exemptions. It's as if they don't exist.

Congratulations to Glenville on their back to back championships. Looked like men playing against boys last night. Excellent o-line and defense. Jones is a beast. Whoever said he was like tackling a small automobile was right on the money.

Alter played a terrible Fairmont team, 0 D2 teams, and a few decent D3 teams losing to two of them. They weren't tested in the playoffs. They would have been running clocked by Perkins and IMO they would have lost to Canton South.