• Archbishop Alter by 1-7

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Archbishop Alter by 8-16

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Archbishop Alter by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, Anti-Glenville Brigade. The school you love to hate didn't beat up some rural or small-town school full of hard-working, salt-of-the-earth, Hoosier-type kids, the kind that you guys have hard-ons for. They beat a Catholic school from a decent-sized metropolitan area. Convincingly, I might add. How do you feel about that?
I feel like Glenville Tarblooders are hand picked from a large metropolitan school district and specifically placed into one high school to field a team full of the best football athletes in the entire city. Compared to a true public school where the students parents decide on where they would like their child to attend, they then purchase a house within that district and pay property taxes to support that district. That being said it appears the Glenville coaching staff expects their squad to represent the school and community to the highest standards which can only be beneficial for everyone involved so good for them.

When I first moved to Akron almost 20 years ago, I was surprised at how many white people lived in West Akron. I assumed it was all-black lol

You do realize that it's Akron. Half of the people there are in witness protection and the other half just don't know they are free to leave! :)
J/K

I have watched more state championship games than I can count. I have seen blow outs by one team and being a neutral observer it was not the most fun thing to watch. This one bothered me. Let me say I have seen Alter come into a championship game in the past and be undersized compared to the opposing team, but they would have some equalizer be it team speed, better players at one or more positions, something. In last night game they had none If I had been the Alter coach and been interviewed at half time. I would have asked the interviewer if he or she believes in miracles because that is what it is going to take for Alter to be just competitive. The last point I would have added is I hope we get through this second half with out any one getting seriously hurt on our team. It looked to be like the Glenville team was just going through the motions without much emotion and still destroying Alter with ease. If this is how they play all games I can understand how a team that matches up a little better can beat them like a Avon for example. I will be honest I do not like the running clock rule, but last night I was glad it was there.

I am an Alter fan and can count on a few fingers the number of games I have watched over the last 15 years where Alter was truly out of it - last night I added another finger - turned the game off at the half time.

Glenville is certainly well coached - the ending drive of the 1st half was testimony to that. And I agree, despite putting it to Alter, Glenville players (and coaches for that matter) looked like they were going through the motions, almost perfunctory.

I only know what I know about the Glenville enrollment "issue" from Yappi, but from the looks of the two teams last night, something is amiss.

I have watched more state championship games than I can count. I have seen blow outs by one team and being a neutral observer it was not the most fun thing to watch. This one bothered me. Let me say I have seen Alter come into a championship game in the past and be undersized compared to the opposing team, but they would have some equalizer be it team speed, better players at one or more positions, something. In last night game they had none If I had been the Alter coach and been interviewed at half time. I would have asked the interviewer if he or she believes in miracles because that is what it is going to take for Alter to be just competitive. The last point I would have added is I hope we get through this second half with out any one getting seriously hurt on our team. It looked to be like the Glenville team was just going through the motions without much emotion and still destroying Alter with ease. If this is how they play all games I can understand how a team that matches up a little better can beat them like a Avon for example. I will be honest I do not like the running clock rule, but last night I was glad it was there.
This statement is insane on so many levels but its basketball season and Rj Greer is a beast. Good luck to the Knights

Glenville could compete with Toledo Central Catholic in division 3. I think Toledo Central Catholic would win. I thought at the beginning of the year, Marion Local, Glenville and Toledo Central Catholic were locks to win their divisions. So what do you suggest we do about Marion Local?
As far as I know they play by the rules, don't recruit and are very good at what they do. One could say that for Marion Local that in most cases the playoffs are a step down in competition from their league games. If all three of these schools are playing within the perimeters of the OHSAA rules, why punish them? If the schools are legally playing within the rules, they are doing nothing wrong. Change the rules if you don't like it.

Ok, Anti-Glenville Brigade. The school you love to hate didn't beat up some rural or small-town school full of hard-working, salt-of-the-earth, Hoosier-type kids, the kind that you guys have hard-ons for. They beat a Catholic school from a decent-sized metropolitan area. Convincingly, I might add. How do you feel about that?
How do I feel about it? Someone supply your AD Coach Moore's number. There's nothing more I would like to see that Massillon give you the -beating of your life.

You're from Steubenville; what do you think would happen if they added the three best players from Park, two from Toronto, two from Edison, two from Weir, two from St.C., a guy from JM, Cadiz, and a QB from Fitch to the roster next season? Do you honestly believe the state would not investigate such a roster change for them?

Even if GA's usage of the portal is legal, NO ONE in D4 adds the number of first-year varsity-ready players like they do, and it should be investigated thoroughly.
That’s my point Rack. They have been investigated. Thoroughly from what I understand.

By the way west try to give it a go

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpeg
    IMG_0872.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 39
How do I feel about it? Someone supply your AD Coach Moore's number. There's nothing more I would like to see that Massillon give you the -beating of your life.
You should be happy about Massillon winning states instead of hating another school because they won in their division.

As far as them playing, I'd love it. Massillon would definitely be favored, but Glenville would have a shot. Maybe they'll get together next season

This statement is insane on so many levels but its basketball season and Rj Greer is a beast. Good luck to the Knights
Don't be like that tell me how it is insane and by the way I hate basketball. I am so thankful for wrestling otherwise it would be a long winters night. Be level with me. Open my eyes so I can see my errors of thought.

Marion Local is a product of going to seven divisions. I believe they would still have won several titles if there were only 6 divisions but it would have been much more difficult. They have always been a small school with no open enrollment or any other type of help getting kids in to play football. Glenville on the other hand is getting kids in from all over. They have also moved down several divisions based on what most believe as falsified enrollment or CB numbers. On top of that the loophole with Ginn Academy is brilliant. BUT……. OHSAA has created both of these monsters. There is absolutely no reason to have 7 divisions and there is no reason that they left these loopholes open that Glenville has found.

I feel like Glenville Tarblooders are hand picked from a large metropolitan school district and specifically placed into one high school to field a team full of the best football athletes in the entire city. Compared to a true public school where the students parents decide on where they would like their child to attend, they then purchase a house within that district and pay property taxes to support that district. That being said it appears the Glenville coaching staff expects their squad to represent the school and community to the highest standards which can only be beneficial for everyone involved so good for them.
We may have a winner!!!!

Funny thing it seemed Glenville had more non players on the field than they had fans in the stands.
is that a funny thing or a sad thing? What is the economic situation these kids come from. I think $16 for a ticket and $10 to park is being gouged. I don't look at it as a hardship. Maybe the Glenville families in some cases see it as a hardship and a luxury especially around the holidays. How many people in Cleveland don't own cars and depend on public transportation?

Last edited:
Marion Local is a product of going to seven divisions. I believe they would still have won several titles if there were only 6 divisions but it would have been much more difficult.
Would it? They won D-6 last year and D-7 this year. The team they beat in D-6 last year won D-6 this year. Kirtland barely beat Dalton at the beginning of the year. Marion Local running clocked Dalton in the finals. Many times the difficulty is for Marion to get out of league and beating the teams in their region from their league. No, not that much difficult. Kirtland has been the biggest challenge in recent years. Maybe Kirtland should be investigated also?
OHSAA has created both of these monsters. There is absolutely no reason to have 7 divisions and there is no reason that they left these loopholes open that Glenville has found.
But there is 7 divisions and Glenville is doing nothing illegal according to the OHSAA. Maybe you should take it up with the OHSSA?

Marion Local is a product of going to seven divisions. I believe they would still have won several titles if there were only 6 divisions but it would have been much more difficult. They have always been a small school with no open enrollment or any other type of help getting kids in to play football. Glenville on the other hand is getting kids in from all over. They have also moved down several divisions based on what most believe as falsified enrollment or CB numbers. On top of that the loophole with Ginn Academy is brilliant. BUT……. OHSAA has created both of these monsters. There is absolutely no reason to have 7 divisions and there is no reason that they left these loopholes open that Glenville has found.
Marion is playing by the rules. They don't recruit and are competing with similar size schools. For a school of their size, they are the current gold standard of a dominant program for a small American High School program. Do I think we can compete with the big boys? No. We could not sustain playing the line size and speed of the big time programs. In my estimation, Marion Local could successfully compete with and defeat 70% of the D1 and D2 schools not making long runs in the playoffs, probably 90% of D3 and D4 and would compete with all other teams in the remaining divisions.

When they added the 7th division, it basically split D1 in half and everyone moved down a division. We are basically still playing the same teams we always have in D5, D6 or D7. Some years we have a few more kids to be 1 of the smallest teams in D6 or if we have our typical size classes, then we are 1 of the larger D7 schools.

I think part of Marion's success is that we are benefitting from society as a whole that is getting softer, more instant gratification and no accountability. In the typical MAC schools, we are holding on to traditional values like work ethic and family values better than other communities. Maybe our kids are getting softer at a much slower rate than everywhere else?

Teams have had to win 5 or 6 playoff games to win a state championship, no team has come close to the amount of extra practice Marion Local has had since 1999. The current senior classes this year benefited by having the least amount of COVID Shutdown. In August of 2020, the MAC Schools and their athletic programs were back in full swing while many other schools were still shutdown. Since our kids missed less in class learning than everyone else, it shouldn't be a suprise that Marion Local placed 2nd in the state of Ohio last year in state testing (at a public school price). This extra time in class and practice has pushed it to another level of dominance these last 3 years.

Basically, by the OHSAA expanding the playoffs and certain communities fighting the lockdowns by pushing to keep the schools open more than others, it has created a bigger divide between the haves and the have nots in Ohio High School Football.

No point just an observation.
People seem to always point that out in what appears to be an attempt to embarrass them. It's no big surprise that a urban school does not travel well - I'm sure there are various reasons. Glenville was also the only school that showed up at Tom Benson Stadium in shirts, ties and red blazers. It seems whenever a urban school has sucess in any sport you always here - there were hardly any fans there. I'm sure they would love to play in front a rowdy crowd like the rural schools and privates do - they unfortunately can't. These kids play for themselves and their coaches in most cases.