• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiterating that Massillon has 0 state championships on the field despite 50+ years of playoffs is my only purpose. All you have to do is win ONE and I'll be gone.

Also if your fans didn't react with entire essays on why they are so great every time I poke fun at that fact I wouldn't get so much enjoyment out of it. But dang y'all are sensitive.
Like anyone cares if you are gone or not 😂
You were irrelevant using your other screen names and it hasn’t changed with this one.

Looks like Hoban wins despite Tyrell sometimes. His results have been amazing, but this team is ridiculously loaded.

Massillon is also great. Turnovers will be the key, obviously

I’m sure you could, but that’s unlikely to be the reality. We’ll see what happens next week. Good luck to both teams, but I hope that for a Hoban win. You Massilonians are going to be insufferable if you win.
Let them be insufferable. Not only 1st Title for team tournament play, but overall athletic programs

Massillon is the well-deserved favorite on Thursday night. They haven't played anyone in their physical class in two months, but they haven't let it affect their approach, and have kept trucking everyone in front of them. Hoban seems to have peaked in week 7, and has just looked kinda clunky ever since.

Looks like Hoban wins despite Tyrell sometimes. His results have been amazing, but this team is ridiculously loaded.

Absolutely, turnovers have been a huge key in the 4 previous games.
22’ - Tigers 3 Hoban 2 Hoban won
20’ - Tigers 2 Hoban 1 Hoban won
19’ - Tigers 2 Hoban 3 Tigers won
18’ - Tigers 2 Hoban 0 Hoban won

The Tigers also have to be able to run the ball !
Run the ball and stop the run !

I see this as a contest between 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the state, neither of which has any obvious weaknesses. Across the board, it is strength versus strength. However, the one position where I see one team having a distinct advantage is Massillon at QB. If Owens can stay composed under the pressure, having not been on that stage, and not turn the ball over I think Massillon wins. Hoban needs to keep Owens under pressure and keep him from escaping the rush and hope its QB can manage the game, not turn the ball over and effectively pass the ball when necessary (not his strength). This is not a blowout game but a close one and I think Owens makes that 2 or 3 point difference unless the Hoban defensive coaches crack the code.

This. I have said before and will say it again. Timmy is a good recruiter but relies heavily on talent to win, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Parnell on D is one of the best DC in Ohio. Always has his guys ready to play. Even back to the Orsini run in the early 2000s.

Too bad it is only D2, not big school football.
Not their fault. Also, they beat the defending “big school” champs in St. Ed’s two years in a row and Ed’s is playing for another “big school” championship this year.

I’m not a Massillon guy but that’s pretty good if you’re the unbeaten D2 Champs while also being the only reason the back to back D1 Champs have a blemish on their record and aren’t perfect. IF Massillon and Eds handles their business the Tigers could rightfully claim they’re the best in Ohio regardless of division.

The talk is Owens being able to run but he also has 1549 yds passing with 18 TD’s and only
3 int’s.
He can definitely throw it. The only thing that sometimes frustrates me with him and not putting enough on the ball to those screens to the long side of the field. He’s obviously got the arm…. Get that f’in ball over there in a hurry lol.

Just like every game that we've played thus far, if we show up and execute at a high level we'll win. Hoban's offense is tailored made for what we do defensively and we happen to be pretty elite on defense. Offensively, we're pretty dynamic with Owens leading the charge and any number of play makers at his disposal. Massillon's greatest opponent this season has been themselves and this week won't be any different. Respect what Hoban has been able to accomplish over the last few years, but this is one year that I feel like we can match up with them athlete for athlete and may even out athlete them, but more importantly we're going to be able to match them physically. It's our year and these young men of Massillon have a chance to add to the long storied history of our tradition rich program.

Just like every game that we've played thus far, if we show up and execute at a high level we'll win. Hoban's offense is tailored made for what we do defensively and we happen to be pretty elite on defense. Offensively, we're pretty dynamic with Owens leading the charge and any number of play makers at his disposal. Massillon's greatest opponent this season has been themselves and this week won't be any different. Respect what Hoban has been able to accomplish over the last few years, but this is one year that I feel like we can match up with them athlete for athlete and may even out athlete them, but more importantly we're going to be able to match them physically. It's our year and these young men of Massillon have a chance to add to the long storied history of our tradition rich program.
You never won a state title on the field.

Wait just watched the stream from last night is Pringle out for Massillon? Kid might be the best football player in the state. Hoban's offense isn't going to be easy to stop without him.

Holy Cow Not Big Brother Again. You Tigers Better go into
Executive Session. Hopefully you all have learned.
Silence is the Best option. Especially when your dealing
with your Big Brother. Please Please Let the Tigers Win.
Then the 51 year Curse will Finally End.
Good Luck Tigers.
Wish you’d learn how to use the shift key correctly.

I agree though, go Tigers!

Status
Not open for further replies.