• Toledo Central Catholic by 1-8

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Toledo Central Catholic by 9-16

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Toledo Central Catholic by 17+

Votes: 28 30.4%

• Total voters
That's where Warren is. ;)
Sorry Filter, Warren De LaSalle is a good ten miles north of 8 mile.
They were playing games over at a public H.S. Near Ferndale.
West of 75. Somewhere between 8 and 10 mile. It was 25 minutes plus away from the school.
I understand they now play at Wayne State Univ. 😎😎😎

Sorry Filter, Warren De LaSalle is a good ten miles north of 8 mile.
They were playing games over at a public H.S. Near Ferndale.
West of 75. Somewhere between 8 and 10 mile. It was 25 minutes plus away from the school.
I understand they now play at Wayne State Univ. 😎😎😎
more like five miles. The high school is near 13 mile. Not directly north of Ferndale and t's city driving with a quick beltway jog so the 25 minutes and 10 miles to Ferndale checks. They play at Ferndale or Royal Oak?

Last edited:
TCC is beatable. But you have to take advantage of any and all mistakes they make and make none of your own.

The night they played us they were sloppy. Explosive, but sloppy. We were able to power run it down their throats at time, and hit our share of big plays. Unfortunately they also had 2 kick return TDs and big play after big play on offense. But end result was still their 2nd closest game this year, and that was just little old Defiance. If you can get a good power run game going, hit your big shots when they're available, and limit their big plays....they're human.

If you make even 2 or 3 mistakes though, they'll have you down down 2 or 3 touchdowns before you know what hit you.

Good luck Chardon. You've got a hell of a program and if we could hang within 15 after honestly leaving some points on the field, you guys CAN win this. My pick is CC by about 14, but if any public school can beat them it's one like yours.

To which statement did I respond?

Hint: no part of Warren is "a good 10 miles north of 8 mile". ;)
I’m not sure Oil, which one you responded to it was a Blanket Statement.
But I know you’re right. Your The Oil Filter your always right.
Anything you question your right. It just couldn’t be any other way.:cool::cool::cool:

I’m not sure Oil, which one you responded to it was a Blanket Statement.
Look it up, post 32. The only statement to which I responded was "Sorry Filter, Warren De LaSalle is a good ten miles north of 8 mile." So, what do you think I was questioning?

But I know you’re right. Your The Oil Filter your always right.
Anything you question your right. It just couldn’t be any other way.
You're right about that, at least.

Look it up, post 32. The only statement to which I responded was "Sorry Filter, Warren De LaSalle is a good ten miles north of 8 mile." So, what do you think I was questioning?

You got way too much time on your Hands.
Your questioning is irrelevant.😴😴😴
Good Luck Friday Night.

You win,
Participation Trophy GIF

Oops, my bad.
Participation Trophy GIF

smh

Can we move on now?

As much as i hope tcc blows chardons doors off i just dont see it happening. Watching chardon games and highlights on youtube. This is a really solid looking team. I can see this being similar to the 2012 semi final vs aurora where tcc had an obvious talent advantage but the game was a slugfest and tcc had to grind out a W in the 4th qtr.

I know for a fact that the central catholic coaching staff is very impressed with chardon and they are taking their opponents very very seriously. Ill say tcc pulls it out 28-20

I'm not sure "blowing the doors off" gets them ready for next game anyhow, persuming that team even tougher than Chardin. I hope Chardin is everything they are pictured to be and TCC pulls it out.

I think maybe the competition they had previous is how they were able to hold on against Hoban last year. In general, the Toledo teams always start behind the 8-ball because of the low level of local competition. They adjust quickly to harder hits, deeper teams, better speed and execution as the game progresses or they go home. Beginning of the year, the thought was that problem solved by moving to the DCL. Judging with how poorly the DCL did OOC and how quickly they exited play-offs, with exception of one opponent, I think maybe they weren't quite ready for the better executing teams and maybe that's why they've been starting games slowly. Before play-offs, I was confident they could play anyone in state. After early game play-off performances, I'm not as sure as I was that this team could beat the top D2 teams.

Central uses a couple of WR/DB combos. Thats about it for two way players.

Centrals OLine averages 6'3" 299lbs. DLine averages about 275lbs or so. Central has a lot of athletes that are quick. I believe currently there are 3 D1 commits on the OL and 2 DBs as well.

Central is very prone to penalties, especially holding.

What about Chardon?
Wow! How does a D3 team average 6'3" 299lbs on their OLine? Most teams are lucky to get one guy that large every several years! Is one of them 7'6" 450lbs?

Last edited:
I watched multiple videos from TCC games this weekend, both playoff and regular season. To be honest i was shocked at the success some of their opponents were having running the ball, even short yardage passing games were working. Defiance seemed to be getting yards in bunches. TCC returned two kickoffs for TD's which made it difficult for Defiance to overcome. And TCC's punting unit wasn't overly stellar. TCC's #1 was obviously their key player and definitely a difference maker, but i didnt see any other players stand out, even the QB. QB had a bizarre throwing motion too. If Chardon can keep from overplaying the RPO they may have a chance and being in the game in the 4th.

Wow! How does a D3 team average 6'3" 299lbs on their OLine? Most teams are lucky to get one guy that large every several years! Is one of them 7'6" 450lbs?
Per MaxPreps:

Elijah Williams 6'3" 285lbs
Nick Banaszak 6'4" 268lbs
Kendrick Bankston 5'11" 280 bs
Marc Nave 6'5" 313lbs
Tyrell Green 6'5" 355lbs

I think Green has lost some weight though and Banaszak has put on a few.

As for how, for the most part, Central gets the best kids from the Mid City League, which is the main youth football league in the city limits. The Central program has great coaches and good facilities. In the city, most kids (and their parents) who have above average talent will try to make their way to Central. The program has produced many dozens of college football athletes. With the expansion of ed choice, I think Central will continue to get the cream of the Toledo youth football crop. Dempsey has built a machine.

I watched multiple videos from TCC games this weekend, both playoff and regular season. To be honest i was shocked at the success some of their opponents were having running the ball, even short yardage passing games were working. Defiance seemed to be getting yards in bunches. TCC returned two kickoffs for TD's which made it difficult for Defiance to overcome. And TCC's punting unit wasn't overly stellar. TCC's #1 was obviously their key player and definitely a difference maker, but i didnt see any other players stand out, even the QB. QB had a bizarre throwing motion too. If Chardon can keep from overplaying the RPO they may have a chance and being in the game in the 4th.
#1 is Jaylen Watson. He is committed to Iowa. He is a WR/DB but will probably be a DB in college. He transferred into Central this year from River Rouge High near Detroit. His dad had gotten a job at Jeep and they moved to Toledo.

As for the QB, Terry Collins is a good high school QB. Pretty much a game manager. He can make good passes and limits his mistakes. He can run when needed too. Unlikely to play in collegr, except maybe in D3.

Central is a great team. They are not perfect, but are very good in most areas.

I'm not sure "blowing the doors off" gets them ready for next game anyhow, persuming that team even tougher than Chardin. I hope Chardin is everything they are pictured to be and TCC pulls it out.

I think maybe the competition they had previous is how they were able to hold on against Hoban last year. In general, the Toledo teams always start behind the 8-ball because of the low level of local competition. They adjust quickly to harder hits, deeper teams, better speed and execution as the game progresses or they go home. Beginning of the year, the thought was that problem solved by moving to the DCL. Judging with how poorly the DCL did OOC and how quickly they exited play-offs, with exception of one opponent, I think maybe they weren't quite ready for the better executing teams and maybe that's why they've been starting games slowly. Before play-offs, I was confident they could play anyone in state. After early game play-off performances, I'm not as sure as I was that this team could beat the top D2 teams.
I still think they can hang with just about anyone. But you are right, the schedule before the season looked full of really tough teams. But it didnt pan out that way. Findlay and Whitmer were decent. DCC and Cass Tech were good and De LaSalle is playing for the D2 title. But St. Marys, Rice, and St. Francis were terrible and Iggy and St. Johns were below average (although I think Iggy was better than their record).

Hopefully Central, Liberty Center, and Patrick Henry can represent NW Ohio well.

They draw from the entire area, not just mid-city. I wouldn't know how many are voucher but you can't eat vouchers. There is a Popeyes just down the street. They draw heavy from the west-side, which is on the northern border with Michigan, possibly has the highest per capita number of buffets in the tri-state. What Whitmer doesn't eat, TCC does.

Interviews today:

12:30 Greg Dempsey, TCC
12:03 Tiger LaVerde, Kirtland
12:15 Tim Goodwin, Marion Local
12:45 (pending) Mitch Hewitt, Chardon
1:03 M. Dennison, Poochie Snyder Canton South

ESPN 990, streaming on ESPN990.com

Central is a great team. They are not perfect, but are very good in most areas.
Line of scrimmage is where the games are won and lost, gonna be hard for Chardon to overcome the handpicked OL/DL. ITs not rare for even some D4/D5 schools to have a few kids 275lbs plus, but even D1/D2 schools would be hard pressed to average 300 lbs on the line. Id even say in most cases being 300+ lbs is a detriment in high school because of the lack of agility and quickness, but its easier to find skill and size in that position when the kids are hand picked.

Line of scrimmage is where the games are won and lost, gonna be hard for Chardon to overcome the handpicked OL/DL. ITs not rare for even some D4/D5 schools to have a few kids 275lbs plus, but even D1/D2 schools would be hard pressed to average 300 lbs on the line. Id even say in most cases being 300+ lbs is a detriment in high school because of the lack of agility and quickness, but its easier to find skill and size in that position when the kids are hand picked.
Nave was committed to Ohio St. But he decommitted and then committed to
Kentucky. Williams is committed to Kent St. Green has an offer from Marshall.

TCC is beatable. But you have to take advantage of any and all mistakes they make and make none of your own.

The night they played us they were sloppy. Explosive, but sloppy. We were able to power run it down their throats at time, and hit our share of big plays. Unfortunately they also had 2 kick return TDs and big play after big play on offense. But end result was still their 2nd closest game this year, and that was just little old Defiance. If you can get a good power run game going, hit your big shots when they're available, and limit their big plays....they're human.

If you make even 2 or 3 mistakes though, they'll have you down down 2 or 3 touchdowns before you know what hit you.

Good luck Chardon. You've got a hell of a program and if we could hang within 15 after honestly leaving some points on the field, you guys CAN win this. My pick is CC by about 14, but if any public school can beat them it's one like yours.
I don't agree here, I'd be shocked if anyone comes within 10 of this Central team the rest of the way. Defiance woke the Irish up in my opinion, they've absolutely turned a corner making some adjustments which we saw with the absolute blowout of Tiffin Columbian. I'm impressed with anyone who can get through Region 9, but give me Central by 17

I don't agree here, I'd be shocked if anyone comes within 10 of this Central team the rest of the way. Defiance woke the Irish up in my opinion, they've absolutely turned a corner making some adjustments which we saw with the absolute blowout of Tiffin Columbian. I'm impressed with anyone who can get through Region 9, but give me Central by 17

I mean, all I really said was you have to be perfect, hope for mistakes, and if ANYONE left can it's Chardon. I also picked CC by 14.

As much as i hope tcc blows chardons doors off i just dont see it happening. Watching chardon games and highlights on youtube. This is a really solid looking team. I can see this being similar to the 2012 semi final vs aurora where tcc had an obvious talent advantage but the game was a slugfest and tcc had to grind out a W in the 4th qtr.

I know for a fact that the central catholic coaching staff is very impressed with chardon and they are taking their opponents very very seriously. Ill say tcc pulls it out 28-20
Toughest job the TCC coaches have is to convince the players to stay focused on this week. When you look at the fact that Columbian beat Chardon 50-49 and TCC just beat Columbian 41-7... The TCC players can't help but look foward to next week.

I can see this going both ways. TCC may overlook this seeing Chardon lose to them in Week 2. TCC hasn't seen a team as good as Chardon all year (my opinion). It will be a low scoring battle. Don't let the records fool you as this should be a one score game

Chardon best opponents- Ursuline, BW, Riverside
TCC best opponents- Findlay, Ignatius, De la Salle (MI)

Based on Drew Pasteur (and my educated guesses on Central's Michigan opponents' rankings), Chardon appears to be their toughest game of the year. I still think Warren DeLaSalle is a tough team and could also be considered Central's toughest game.

This is also Chardon's toughest game of the season, by far. Watterson is ranked pretty high as well.

Chardon's average opponent's ranking is slightly better than Central's. But Central played more highly ranked teams.

Chardon's opponents were 109-55 (.664) thru week 14 while Central's were 85-72 (.541)

My pick: Toledo Central Catholic 35-Chardon 20

TOLEDO CENTRAL CATHOLIC

1700598601012.png

Average Ranking of Opponents: #149
# of Opponents in Top 50: 6
# of Opponents in Top 100: 8
# of wins over 30 points: 5
Average Points per Game: 40.9/10.9

CHARDON:

1700598643644.png

Average Ranking of Opponents: #142
# Opponents in Top 50: 3
# Opponents in Top 100: 7
# of wins over 30 points: 5
Average Points per Game: 34.9/13.1

There is no way in heII Greg Dempsey would let his team overlook a state semi lol. You're two games away from repeating as a state champion, but the team you face this week let the team you beat by 30+ last week put up 50 points in week 2, so why care about this week right?

If they aren't giving the ball to Tyler Morgan or Marquan Braswell they're throwing screens/bombs/running the wildcat to Jaylen Watson who pulls some Tecmo Bowl moves on his way to score another TD. Absolute shame he's going to Iowa to play... defensive back??

Andrew Bruce and that effective power-run game will be crucial to keeping the 'Toppers in the game. What Defiance did to scare the heck out of the Irish in the first half was having a QB who could the zip the ball alongside a run game whose blockers could get to the second level when they weren't passing it.

If CC doesn't put up a stupid amount of penalties in the game they should be fine. Looking forward to a good game between both schools.

they're throwing screens/bombs/running the wildcat to Jaylen Watson who pulls some Tecmo Bowl moves on his way to score another TD. Absolute shame he's going to Iowa to play... defensive back??
Right? Hes being way under recruited. Hes also a high character kid and a positive locker room presence. But this is a huge catch for iowa who always grabs the under recruited diamond in the rough type players and sends them to the nfl

Question for the TCC followers: have there been many games this year that TCC has had to play catch up by more the 1 score?