Votes: 46 70.8%
  • Hilliard Bradley by 1-8

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Hilliard Bradley by 9-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hilliard Bradley by 17+

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Eds should win this one comfortably. The Bradley QB is their offense. I saw them play this year and for the entire game, they played without a RB in the backfield. Eds needs to watch the tape where Dublin Coffman shut Bradley down.

I didn’t see the game. How bad did these injuries look like?
Normally don't talk about injuries, but this is all public knowledge - in print and on the Spectrum broadcasts

Bradley's QB Bradyn Fleharty - The Col. Dispatch's report said he expects to play next Friday. Fleharty had 180 yards rushing and 169 yards passing vs UA in the regional finals

Ed's DE Loghan Thomas and WR Kyan Mason

This Eds team is showing its superior size and talent, along with its experience. Mostly seniors on both sides, with some really good underclassman.

no slight to Bradley but there isn’t team on the Jags schedule that is equivalent to some that Eds already faced.

For the Hilliard Bradley fans and Ohio State Fans here are St Edward's Armstrong twins (left tackle and left guard) both committed to OSU. #71 Devontae 6' 5" 305 and #79 Deontae 6'7" 295. Also Ben Roebuck (right tackle) #76 6' 8" 320 who is going to Michigan.

1700514200417.png
Eagles on TV... again :)

Some hardware displayed today at fhe Thanksgiving practice. Even if we don’t three-peat, this is an impressive run since 2010.

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpeg
    IMG_0311.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0312.jpeg
    IMG_0312.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 68
St. Ed's is going to come in and pound the rock at them. Bradley might hang around early, but I think Ed's and their depth wear them down. Ed's defensively will have a little more speed than Bradley has seen. It'll take them a drive or 2 to adjust. I think it'll be similar to last week for Ed's. Interesting early, by halftime Ed's is pulling away, and by the end of the 3rd we could be in running clock territory.

If Bradley can run the ball on them and control the clock to limit possessions, then this game might not reach running clock and be more competitive throughout.

I don't see Ed's beating themselves with turnovers. So ball control is Bradley's best option

Looks like one of the cases over on West 30th.

Need a 12th. :)
We've got a long way to go to get to eleven. That's an unreal number and speaks to Coach Kyle's ability to not only attract kids, but coach them to titles.

It's great for the Eagles to be one of Ohio's current premier programs, but sustaining it beyond this run will be a challenge. The good news is were still attracting some of the best young talent, but this '24 class was really special.

We've got a long way to go to get to eleven. That's an unreal number and speaks to Coach Kyle's ability to not only attract kids, but coach them to titles.

It's great for the Eagles to be one of Ohio's current premier programs, but sustaining it beyond this run will be a challenge. The good news is were still attracting some of the best young talent, but this '24 class was really special.
Agree. I’m sure you have said this many times for those former Ignatius teams, but I’ll be happy to see this Eds class graduate.

Here's Norm Weber's pre-game notes. Here's his take on the challenge the defense faces:

Here's his update on Ed's offense:

Go Ed from Tigertown. Go NE ohio.

Hilliard Bradley's QB, Bradyn Fleharty, a Mr. Football finalist, is injured and will not be playing. That totally changes the complexion of this game, especially since a freshman is being substituted for him.

Hilliard Bradley's QB, Bradyn Fleharty, a Mr. Football finalist, is injured and will not be playing. That totally changes the complexion of this game, especially since a freshman is being substituted for him.
For St. Edward, Loghan Thomas and Kyan Mason will also not be playing due to injuries.

Obviously Hilliard Bradley played tough for all four quarters. They were well coached and disciplined. The young QB didn't flinch and made some plays to keep it interesting. Good luck to them moving forward.

And congratulations to the Eagles who move on with a chance to make history.

Despite the win, I don't think this was a very good performance by the Eagles. Once again, the pass D presented concerns. Yes, they won the game and didn't give up a TD, but looking ahead where they'll try to control the ball on offense, stopping the pass to keep Springfield at bay will have to be a top priority.

Rushing 3 and covering with 8 against a freshman was a head-scratcher for me. That might have been a sound strategy going into the game facing Fleharty, but with him out it would seem pressuring the freshman would be the better approach. When Eds did blitz, the young QB was just overwhelmed. Yet Eds stayed in that "8 in coverage" scheme most of the game. That approach seemed to allow the WRs to settle into any hole in the zone and effortlessly catch the ball. There didn't seem to be any aggressive attempts to play the ball even with help from behind. I guess I just don't get it.

I recognize Eds didn't have their best player on D (Logan Thomas) last night, but his absence and possible unavailability next week, suggests we're going to have to be a lot more aggressive or Springfield will play simple pass and catch all night against soft coverage. That's death by 1,000 cuts.

On offense running the sophomore 40 times just seems crazy. That kid is a talent, but he has more miles on him than George Blanda in his last year with the Raiders. That kid will be watching the Ohio State Michigan game from an ice tub.

Also, Eds is caught in a real predicament at QB. Even when fully healthy, Bullock's skills as a percentage passer are marginal. He's a phenomenal runner in the read option (when healthy), but he's always been more miss than hit with play action. While he didn't have Kyan Mason last night, and there were two noted drops, he only completed two passes all night. Bullock's struggles in the passing game can be attributed to his injury and missing a good chunk of the season and playoffs. The junior backup Csanyi just seems to be more of a natural passer and the WR's seem to flourish more with him on the field, but Csanyi is not as big or as tough as Bullock and can't really run the read the option as a running QB the way Bullock can.

So the Eagles have a challenging week of practice ahead. They're going to have to find a way to get some passes completed next week as I don't think they're going to be able to bludgeon Springfield with the run like they did with Bradley. And they're going to have to make the Springfield QB uncomfortable.

I certainly thought the opponent would be Moeller, but I'm a horrible prognosticator. Go Eagles!