Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Cincinnati West Clermont

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
DI R4: Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller vs Cincinnati West Clermont (6/1) 2:00PM
at Xavier University Hayden Field

I am sort of disappointed with this field choice. I know, it is whomever bids. Buth there isn't really a lot of stands and the outfield is a bandbox. I wish it was at Midland field or better yet UC's field. My guess is that the crowds will be huge. I just don't think it will be as good as UC's field.

I am sort of disappointed with this field choice. I know, it is whomever bids. Buth there isn't really a lot of stands and the outfield is a bandbox. I wish it was at Midland field or better yet UC's field. My guess is that the crowds will be huge. I just don't think it will be as good as UC's field.
My thoughts as well.....of all the ballparks in town, XU is probably the least desirable. UC would have been the most desirable for all, but they must not have wanted to host. Midland is top shelf and right next door to West Clermont, but would have been a long haul for the Elder folks. At least XU is about an equal driving distance for all the schools. All things considered, probably the best compromise....

My thoughts as well.....of all the ballparks in town, XU is probably the least desirable. UC would have been the most desirable for all, but they must not have wanted to host. Midland is top shelf and right next door to West Clermont, but would have been a long haul for the Elder folks. At least XU is about an equal driving distance for all the schools. All things considered, probably the best compromise....
I believe UC started work on their indoor facility, which is adjacent to the baseball field. I’m guessing they did not want the extra foot or vehicle traffic at this time. 🤷‍♂️

XU installed turf last year so I’m sure that made it more attractive over Midland. Although I am assuming Midland has not added turf to a field. It’s been awhile since I’ve been there.

I believe UC started work on their indoor facility, which is adjacent to the baseball field. I’m guessing they did not want the extra foot or vehicle traffic at this time. 🤷‍♂️

XU installed turf last year so I’m sure that made it more attractive over Midland. Although I am assuming Midland has not added turf to a field. It’s been awhile since I’ve been there.
Prasco Park was the answer. GBM 💪 ⚾

I never took UC building their IPF right next to the baseball stadium into consideration....I'd say that is why they aren't hosting this year. Probably pretty tough to navigate that area of campus right now.

Prasco Park was the answer. GBM 💪 ⚾
Yes, it’s a nice facility. I was there for a few games last week at The Big East tournament. They have the grass and turf field. I’m wondering if it was a staffing thing there. Either way, XU is a nice place to watch a game.

Yes, it’s a nice facility. I was there for a few games last week at The Big East tournament. They have the grass and turf field. I’m wondering if it was a staffing thing there. Either way, XU is a nice place to watch a game.
Xavier has a beautiful Field and about the same amount of stands as the better HS venues around here imo. I believe Prasco already had other Events on their Schedule. Prasco definitely top notch facility!

Xavier has a beautiful Field and about the same amount of stands as the better HS venues around here imo. I believe Prasco already had other Events on their Schedule. Prasco definitely top notch facility!

It would be a packed house tomorrow at UC, but like has been said it's not available. It should be a smaller, but good crowd at Xavier, but a lot of people standing.

Both games are being played there, so I was also considering some cross over crowds. Forgot about UC's construction. What if they had run up to Wright State or Dayton Dragons field? I mean we are talking two of the consistently best programs in SWO, one extremely passionate fan base and a Cinderella program that will galvanize their community on a beautiful day. Include the locals that will be interested at seeing some of the best high school players in the area and XU will be bursting at the seams. I think they could have sold 3k or 4k tickets. Very exciting

It would be a packed house tomorrow at UC, but like has been said it's not available. It should be a smaller, but good crowd at Xavier, but a lot of people standing.
It will be packed tomorrow at Xavier. Obviously cant play at any Facilities that are not available. Wright State is my favorite Field in the area but wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense for any of these 4 Teams to play there. Xavier a Great venue imo and hope Panthers and Crusaders Win!

9-4 Moe in the bottom of the 6th. The wheels have come of for the Wolves. Big Moe still batting with 2 runners on and 0 outs. GBM 💪 ⚾
10-4 Moe, top 7. Wolves just imploded in the 6th. GBM 💪⚾

Final

Last edited:
11-4 final. Moeller

that 6th innings was brutal for West Clermont. 7 runs on 4 hits, 2 errors for West Clermont according to the announcer.

Thank you for the update. Hoe big was the crowd? Did many stay for the second game?
Great crowd but it was hard to tell because the place is so small. A lot of people cleared out after the game to give parents and fans a chance to sit in the limited bleacher areas. Super cool to see the fans sitting out on the hill in left field for both games. Looked like a lot of Elder fans up there

Great crowd but it was hard to tell because the place is so small. A lot of people cleared out after the game to give parents and fans a chance to sit in the limited bleacher areas. Super cool to see the fans sitting out on the hill in left field for both games. Looked like a lot of Elder fans up there
Thank you for the report. That is Cincinnati politeness for you. I think if UC had been available, the crowds would have been huge for both games. Really good baseball. Some of the best high schoolers in the area played that day.