DEsmond Howard..... just not the right time..

bigkat

the midget taking a shot at the Buckeyes and Stroud during the Heisman award show, is very typical of him..... lots of talk from khaki Pants to Gattis to now the midget... you beat us , OK, now show some class.... I hope the Bulldogs CURB stomp them....

how about a TROLL , does that work?
Heisman winner is probably most accurate, but troll is in the right ballpark too. And you took the bait, hook line and sinker as he accomplished exactly what he wanted to by irritating fans like you.

Heisman winner is probably most accurate, but troll is in the right ballpark too. And you took the bait, hook line and sinker as he accomplished exactly what he wanted to by irritating fans like you.
no , what he did, was show what a classless person he is, really don't mind him saying it, but it wasn't the place to say it.. just that simple...

Yeah nothing says, "I really don't mind him saying it," like creating a brand new thread on a college football discussion board specifically about him saying it.
if you can't understand why it was the wrong time and place to say it..... then you are who you are.... just not the right place to talk Smack....

if you can't understand why it was the wrong time and place to say it..... then you are who you are.... just not the right place to talk Smack....
Demanding respect from someone while disrespecting them shows who you are.

the midget taking a shot at the Buckeyes and Stroud during the Heisman award show, is very typical of him..... lots of talk from khaki Pants to Gattis to now the midget... you beat us , OK, now show some class.... I hope the Bulldogs CURB stomp them....
I’m no Ohio State fan — not by a long shot; I don’t root for too-big-to-fail clown shows like Enron — but Desmond Howard is not worth anyone’s time. He brings zero worthwhile insight to GameDay.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

The New Big 12 CAN’T CUT THE MUSTARD!

For once, I agree with AEW. ESPN doesn’t employ Desmond because of his expert analysis. They use Desmond because he’s a peacock. He’s provocative. He gets people talking, good or bad. And he’s far from the only sports broadcaster who fits that mold, y’all just don’t like him because he’s from Michigan. No, he shouldn’t have said what he said on the Heisman stage. Responding to his lack of professionalism with personal attacks shows you’re just as bad as he is. Critique him on merit. Ultimately, victors of a rivalry game are always going to be loud, obnoxious, and brag. OSU does it when they win which irritates Michigan fans and Michigan does it when they win and that irritates OSU fans. Good luck changing that with wanting “class.” It’s not that serious. It’s just college football.

For once, I agree with AEW. ESPN doesn’t employ Desmond because of his expert analysis. They use Desmond because he’s a peacock. He’s provocative. He gets people talking, good or bad. And he’s far from the only sports broadcaster who fits that mold, y’all just don’t like him because he’s from Michigan. No, he shouldn’t have said what he said on the Heisman stage. Responding to his lack of professionalism with personal attacks shows you’re just as bad as he is. Critique him on merit. Ultimately, victors of a rivalry game are always going to be loud, obnoxious, and brag. OSU does it when they win which irritates Michigan fans and Michigan does it when they win and that irritates OSU fans. Good luck changing that with wanting “class.” It’s not that serious. It’s just college football.
Mark May 2?

Demanding respect from someone while disrespecting them shows who you are.

bk isn't on a national tv show meant to showcase the talents of those four young men, not daw attention to one's self. It wasn't the time. Hutchinson handled it very well. Prime time kid.

It was off-the-cuff. Even the pros make the mistake. Lack of class will be if he doesn't make comment that he realizes it was out of place, then apologize.

Is there a bigger group of fans more insecure than Buckeye fans?

Was it inappropriate/ill-timed? Yes. But had Kirk Herbstreit made a comment like this to Stroud at Harbaugh or Hutchinson's expense you guys would have ate that up.

Was it inappropriate/ill-timed? Yes. But had Kirk Herbstreit made a comment like this to Stroud at Harbaugh or Hutchinson's expense you guys would have ate that up.
you see, IFis the key word...... Herbstreit in that moment WOULD NOT OF...... made a statement like that..... i really don't have the Mouth of Michigan saying that, it was just Stupid time to say it...... by the way , who are you a fan of?

bk isn't on a national tv show meant to showcase the talents of those four young men, not daw attention to one's self. It wasn't the time. Hutchinson handled it very well. Prime time kid.

It was off-the-cuff. Even the pros make the mistake. Lack of class will be if he doesn't make comment that he realizes it was out of place, then apologize.
you are correct had no problem with the DE making a statement , like he did, came back to beat OSU, and didn't like the way last year ended...

well... i read his twitter, he doesn't feel that what he said at that moment was wrong...

you underestimate people.

you see, IFis the key word...... Herbstreit in that moment WOULD NOT OF...... made a statement like that..... i really don't have the Mouth of Michigan saying that, it was just Stupid time to say it...... by the way , who are you a fan of?
You missed the point. When an Ohio St alum makes a comment on the rivalry and how the Buckeyes have owned Michigan, it's celebrated. So Howard makes a comment here about this year's game and there's complete outrage. Also the team I root for has nothing to do with this thread and the crying going on in it.

You missed the point. When an Ohio St alum makes a comment on the rivalry and how the Buckeyes have owned Michigan, it's celebrated. So Howard makes a comment here about this year's game and there's complete outrage. Also the team I root for has nothing to do with this thread and the crying going on in it.
The key difference is, to my knowledge, no prominent OSU alum has done it during the Heisman Ceremony which is supposed to highlight and celebrate all the attendees’ seasons. So I could see how some people think this is a less than classy move. To your point though, I agree, a lot of the same people upset by this would have celebrated if the roles were reversed.

And agreed, a lot of OSU fans are being entirely too sensitive about this. What he said wasn’t bad. Some harmless ribbing between a former and current player on opposite sides of the best rivalry in college sports.

The key difference is, to my knowledge, no prominent OSU alum has done it during the Heisman Ceremony which is supposed to highlight and celebrate all the attendees’ seasons. So I could see how some people think this is a less than classy move. To your point though, I agree, a lot of the same people upset by this would have celebrated if the roles were reversed.

And agreed, a lot of OSU fans are being entirely too sensitive about this. What he said wasn’t bad. Some harmless ribbing between a former and current player on opposite sides of the best rivalry in college sports.
Well said. I agree.

I must have missed something. What did he say that wasn't true? Did he flip off the crowd? Did he tear down anyones banner?

I must have missed something. What did he say that wasn't true? Did he flip off the crowd? Did he tear down anyones banner?
Interestingly enough, no one seems to be upset about what he said, just where he said it. So that really tells you all you need to know. :LOL:

I dunno, seems Stroud had a pretty good day passing, so his line was adequate. Not so great in the run game however. So, no, I'm not even sure Desmond was all that accurate.

I’m no Ohio State fan — not by a long shot; I don’t root for too-big-to-fail clown shows like Enron — but Desmond Howard is not worth anyone’s time. He brings zero worthwhile insight to GameDay.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

The New Big 12 CAN’T CUT THE MUSTARD!
ND is the ultimate too big to fail clown show...