DeSales at Steubenville

mailman020

Pretty quiet for a game between two outstanding programs. DeSales has played a tough schedule and Steubenville has been hit with a bunch of injuries. Anyone have thoughts on this game?

I think DeSales will be the best team we play in the regular season. Big Red has literally been decimated with injuries. I think only 2-3 seniors are major contributors. DeSales is battle tested and their record is not an indication of how good they are. When The Big Red won the D4 title game in 2005 beating DeSales, DeSales entered the playoffs at 6-4 ending up at 10-5. Big Red is not close to the same team that started the season. They have gone deep into depth chart at TB, TE, C, WR, LB and DB. All that considering many of those spots were held by sophs and Jr’s. Getting a win in this game would be huge for Big Red.

This is a bad desales team. But Big Red is a shell of themselves. Plus there’s a mental block when they play a ccl team. Desales wins big

This is a bad desales team. But Big Red is a shell of themselves. Plus there’s a mental block when they play a ccl team. Desales wins big
They own the series record versus DeSales and the games in Big Red Stadium . Make no mistake this is a rivalry game and the home team has a big advantage. As Bad as DeSales is if Thompson doesn't get hurt they could be 5-1 or 6-0 he is a difference maker on both sides of the ball.

They own the series record versus DeSales and the games in Big Red Stadium . Make no mistake this is a rivalry game and the home team has a big advantage. As Bad as DeSales is if Thompson doesn't get hurt they could be 5-1 or 6-0 he is a difference maker on both sides of the ball.
No they wouldn’t. This is a bad desales team. Doesn’t tackle at all.

No they wouldn’t. This is a bad desales team. Doesn’t tackle at all.
I've seen them 4-5 times and you seen them once they don't tackle as well as they should. But that didn't cost them in most their losses. . You won 31-20 and your team has given up 60+ Points this year . I'll leave it at that. I'm sure your hoping they don't some how make the playoffs and have JT back at even 80% . Points given up DeSales 110 18 ppg Hartley Points given up 176 29 ppg LOL

I've seen them 4-5 times and you seen them once they don't tackle as well as they should. But that didn't cost them in most their losses. . You won 31-20 and your team has given up 60+ Points this year . I'll leave it at that. I'm sure your hoping they don't some how make the playoffs and have JT back at even 80% . Points given up DeSales 110 18 ppg Hartley Points given up 176 29 ppg LOL
I don’t care about hartley or desales. I’m just saying this Is a bad desales team. If you can’t see that you are a parent or relative.

to be expected tho. Desales has had a distinctive trend of following one good year with average or below average years.

Last edited:
They own the series against DeSales and Watterson and lost 2 state title games to Hartley on field goals as the clock expired. I wouldn’t call that a mental block against essentially a a two team conference.

Maple City…. Why do you troll big red posts? Where you on a team that was spanked by The Big Red… you got something very personal going on. Or you’re just a typical hater of great programs. Either way you really know nothing about whatever it is you talk about.

Maple City…. Why do you troll big red posts? Where you on a team that was spanked by The Big Red… you got something very personal going on. Or you’re just a typical hater of great programs. Either way you really know nothing about whatever it is you talk about.
Sort of like Steubenville’s 6-41-3 all time record against the Massillon Tigers.☹️

I don’t care about hartley or desales. I’m just saying this Is a bad desales team. If you can’t see that you are a parent or relative.

to be expected tho. Desales has had a distinctive trend of following one good year with average or below average years.

TC, is a Desales guy. His son graduated years ago and was a wrestler.

I think DeSales will be the best team we play in the regular season. Big Red has literally been decimated with injuries. I think only 2-3 seniors are major contributors. DeSales is battle tested and their record is not an indication of how good they are. When The Big Red won the D4 title game in 2005 beating DeSales, DeSales entered the playoffs at 6-4 ending up at 10-5. Big Red is not close to the same team that started the season. They have gone deep into depth chart at TB, TE, C, WR, LB and DB. All that considering many of those spots were held by sophs and Jr’s. Getting a win in this game would be huge for Big Red.

I watched the Steubenville/Olentangy Liberty film and a man was I impressed with the Big Red. They lined up perfect and made sure tackles almost all game. They looked good, but I did hear that the injury bug has been very unkind to them.

Good luck to both teams, I respect the heck out of both of them.

Attachments

• 9F32D67D-C795-49E6-A237-8BE0DEB8FA29.jpeg
    9F32D67D-C795-49E6-A237-8BE0DEB8FA29.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 26
First and foremost this is not a bad DeSales squad. Word on the street is they're also missing a starting DB/WR which is obviously big. JT would be a big difference as well.

Even without those two you're talking about a team that has 4 losses to 4 REALLY darn good teams.

If Steuby is as depleted as it sounds, it might be a pretty good game. DeSales is really darn good and if they can finish drives and make some plays to get in the endzone. They can't even think about a field goals with the special teams unit they have.

First and foremost this is not a bad DeSales squad. Word on the street is they're also missing a starting DB/WR which is obviously big. JT would be a big difference as well.

Even without those two you're talking about a team that has 4 losses to 4 REALLY darn good teams.

If Steuby is as depleted as it sounds, it might be a pretty good game. DeSales is really darn good and if they can finish drives and make some plays to get in the endzone. They can't even think about a field goals with the special teams unit they have.
They are a solid team that plays one of the toughest D3 schedules. Desales definitely needs this win bad to make the playoffs

Sort of like Steubenville’s 6-41-3 all time record against the Massillon Tigers.☹️
I’d rather have 4 state titles against the entire state in multiple divisions 2,3 and 4, than simply a great record against 1 team you dominated 45 years ago. What’s sad for you is you would too. You’d give up all 41 of those wins for just 1 single state playoff title….. and even a couple more (if you had them) to forget that the last meeting where The Big Red ran the clock ⏰ on you! Maybe that 53 year drought will end someday….. but not this year.

I watched the Steubenville/Olentangy Liberty film and a man was I impressed with the Big Red. They lined up perfect and made sure tackles almost all game. They looked good, but I did hear that the injury bug has been very unkind to them.

Good luck to both teams, I respect the heck out of both of them.
Unfortunately, they’re not the same team that played against Liberty. You can slice it any way that you want to, but the guys that they’ve lost provided leadership and Friday night experience. 2 intangibles that you just can’t replace in the middle of a season. And the sloppy football that they’ve played over the past few weeks has been a reflection of that. With Desales on the outside looking in right now, this is essentially a playoff game for them. If Big Red doesn’t clean up their play then they could be in for a long night.

Last edited:
Big game for both teams honestly. If DeSales is able to pull it out then they are in a pretty good spot for the playoffs. Honestly if they would've flipped any of the losses they would be in a good spot.

I’d rather have 4 state titles against the entire state in multiple divisions 2,3 and 4, than simply a great record against 1 team you dominated 45 years ago. What’s sad for you is you would too. You’d give up all 41 of those wins for just 1 single state playoff title….. and even a couple more (if you had them) to forget that the last meeting where The Big Red ran the clock ⏰ on you! Maybe that 53 year drought will end someday….. but not this year.
Always Triggered.

Last edited:
DeSales plays one of the toughest schedules in DIII. They aren’t as good as they were last year especially missing Thompson. Still a tough group of kids in my opinion. No matter how beat up BR is, it is really tough to win in Steubenville. Edge goes to Steubenville but I’m pulling for DeSales.

Here is thought the 6-41-3 was meant to add up to 50 which will be how many years next year Massillon has gone without an on field state championship. ???

Injuries are out the window for me. BR will be without there senior #1 tailback and a Sophmore OL for the year.

They should get 2 senior captains back. One at ILB/TE and 1 at OL/DL. The sophomore WR is a few weeks out from playing.

While Injuries haven’t helped Big Red needs to clean up the 12+ penalties a game they have got the last 3 weeks along with generating more TO’s. I believe 11 in games 1-3 and only 3 in game 4-6.

They also may have 1 of the worst special teams groups in D3. From a lack of making basic XP’s to giving teams the ball well past the 40 on kickoffs,
It’s been atrocious.

Also at times subbing in 5 guys at a time kills rhythm as its Clearly evident some
Kids are scrambling around to get lined up etc.

All things that you hope to be cleaned up this week as we’ve gone past the halfway point. The last 3 games have looked like a 1st game of the season with all the mistakes.

Big Red to win if they play a clean game. DeSales by 2 TDs if the penalties and basic mistakes continue.