End of 1 DLS (2-0) 13, Palma (2-0) 0

DLS has had the ball three times

scored the first drive which included a 40 yard plus run

scored on a 1 play drive which was a long run in the second drive

had one play before the quarter ended, another 40 yard run

3 40 yard runs in 1 drive and 2 plays
the three runs were by 3 different players

DLS up 28-0 with 7 minuites left in the second quarter

so far the Spartans have outscored their opponents 103-0 in the first 2 halves of the first 2 games and 1 1/2 quarters of todays game

no 49-42 dog games here

The Spartans are ending any suspense early for another respected opponent.

They will keep the heat on until after the first series of the third then put in the puppies. Young Montana may get some play.

DLS up 28-0 with 7 minuites left in the second quarter

so far the Spartans have outscored their opponents 103-0 in the first 2 halves of the first 2 games and 1 1/2 quarters of todays game

no 49-42 dog games here

Outscored their opponents 103-0.. LOL!!! That's so weird.. could it be the Calisoft exposure??? All those powerful Cali teams.. just can't score on that 12,300-dollar-a-year big bad Private School.

DLS is up 34-0... yup, it looks like the team DLS is playing, sucks. You're correct!! Man, why am I even wasting my time thinking about Calisoft football??

Oh.. you mean the voluntary meaningless All-Star games?? Hmmm, I don't remember, because I never cared for them.

Meaningless to who, you? If it was so meaningless, why did the players bother playing in the event?

If Texas went 6-0 against California, I'm sure it wouldn't be so meaningless to you.

Facts are a b*tch to deal with eh? Texas lost to California 6 straight years :shrug:

Three games into the season and here are some thoughts

SLC Dad said if DLS would play SLC this year, which at one time looked like it might happen, SLC would beat DLS by AT LEAST 35 POINTS

Based on what has transpired this year, DLS appears to be much better than the last 4-5 years and SLC appears to be much weaker than the last 3 years

The one factor no one can determine is how would DLS defense do against SLC offense, The DLS first string defense has not allowed a point in three games.

There is no question SLC can't play defense and DLS would have no trouble scoring on them.

There is also no doubt, DLS has much better special teams (Kikcing FG excepted) but in coverage and returns SLC has proved vulnerable while DLS has proved solid

So DLS wins the special teams battle (quite decisively)

DLS wins the DLS offense vs the SLC defense (quite decisively)

ANd SLC would do well ? do ok? against the DLS defense which has not allowed a point this year (first string). I think SLC would have trouble scoring more than 21-24 points in a complete game (a la MNW) and where are they going to get points to overcome the needed 35 point point differential PLUS DLS would score at will against SLC.

Perhaps SLC was lucky they got to play MNW instead of the DLS team we are all used to (which this year it appears to be, finally)

I think DLS would beat SLC 45-24 IN TEXAS

if SLC played DLS in California, DLS wins 45-17

or maybe like the ELder game, DLS has a huge lead and SLC scores 14 or more meaningless points in the 4th Q against DLS second and third team defense

Last edited:
I am not saying given some breaks and home cooking, SLC has no chance to win

I think predicting they would win by at least 35 points as daditis so boldly predicted last year, now if anything looks ridiculous beyond belief

http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivalleyherald/prepsports/ci_6977123

This from the Palma newspaper

"The Spartans shut down a Palma offense that had been averaging 43.5 points and 373 total yards per game. It was also one of the Chieftains' worst losses since the team began playing football in the late 1950s.

"If there was any weakness (in the De La Salle defense), I couldn't see it," said Palma coach Jeff Carnazzo. "They have
the whole package, and we could not get our run game going."

De La Salle had no problem running the ball against Palma."

I think SLC would move the ball some and even score maybe 21 which would be the most allowed by the first team this year as The Spartans have been impossible to run against but the Dragons passing game would hit on a couple of long ones but DLS would control the clock with long drives and continue to punch it in. Final score 35-21.

The addition of the spread to their already potent veer is giving defensive coordinators headaches.

This is a special team and will win the California Big School division this year. Write it down.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivalleyherald/prepsports/ci_6977123

This from the Palma newspaper

"The Spartans shut down a Palma offense that had been averaging 43.5 points and 373 total yards per game. It was also one of the Chieftains' worst losses since the team began playing football in the late 1950s.

"If there was any weakness (in the De La Salle defense), I couldn't see it," said Palma coach Jeff Carnazzo. "They have
the whole package, and we could not get our run game going."

De La Salle had no problem running the ball against Palma."

I think SLC would move the ball some and even score maybe 21 which would be the most allowed by the first team this year as The Spartans have been impossible to run against but the Dragons passing game would hit on a couple of long ones but DLS would control the clock with long drives and continue to punch it in. Final score 35-21.

The addition of the spread to their already potent veer is giving defensive coordinators headaches.

This is a special team and will win the California Big School division this year. Write it down.

so predicting SLC would win BY AT LEAST 35 looks

a) a little foolish

b) tremendously foolish

c) it is from daditis, enough said (worse than tremendously foolish)

and PS this was just about my introduction to daditis, I came to this board when DLS was about to play in the Herbie and was directed here from another source. I saw this person on here SLCDad and he was 1) bashing DLS and 2) and I said why does this guy from Texas need to be on an Ohio chat board

SLC beats DLS by at least 35??? is that turnovers this year?? LMAO

He didn't say SLC would beat DLS by 35 did he?

Remember when he said DLS was great but not "Elite"...I wonder what he thinks now? Is SLC still an "Elite" team?

I was trying to find something to watch at midnight last night (I saw the beginning of the second half of the NFL game, and then woke up on the couch during the Saints' press conference -- not good), when I stumbled on the DLS/Palma game. I caught everything from 7:42 left in the 2Q until the end.

DLS looked very, very good. The announcers talked several times about how good Palma was supposed to be, and how some people were thinking going into the game that Palma had a shot at winning.

The DLS QBs were unbelievably accurate. The kid from last year threw an incompletion, and the announcers said it was his first miss of the year. They had a great deep pass after an interception that set up a 2-yard TD run on the next play, and a great fade to the left side for a TD, too.

Seemed like typical DLS. Very good athletes, always in the right spot, always doing the right thing, and never missing a tackle.

The announcers pointed out that the Palma seniors had beaten DLS by a lot as freshmen, and lost 22-20 as sophomores. They talked for a while about how much DLS players improve while at DLS, and how the performance of the freshmen doesn't even give you a hint about how good the varsity will be.

I was trying to find something to watch at midnight last night (I saw the beginning of the second half of the NFL game, and then woke up on the couch during the Saints' press conference -- not good), when I stumbled on the DLS/Palma game. I caught everything from 7:42 left in the 2Q until the end.

DLS looked very, very good. The announcers talked several times about how good Palma was supposed to be, and how some people were thinking going into the game that Palma had a shot at winning.

The DLS QBs were unbelievably accurate. The kid from last year threw an incompletion, and the announcers said it was his first miss of the year. They had a great deep pass after an interception that set up a 2-yard TD run on the next play, and a great fade to the left side for a TD, too.

Seemed like typical DLS. Very good athletes, always in the right spot, always doing the right thing, and never missing a tackle.

The announcers pointed out that the Palma seniors had beaten DLS by a lot as freshmen, and lost 22-20 as sophomores. They talked for a while about how much DLS players improve while at DLS, and how the performance of the freshmen doesn't even give you a hint about how good the varsity will be.

I watched and taped the entire game.

I read on a SoCal board some father from SoCal drove to the game and watched it (he said he also saw SpongeBob taping the game) and he told evryone forget about this year, DLS willl cakewalk to the Di 1 bowl victory.

I dont agree.

DLS, based on what I have seen, is good, maybe very good, but not quite at the point where they will dominate a champion SS team or another SoCal champion. With this talent, which is good but not great, if they have an "off" game, like they did last year against Canyon, they could lose just as badly and easily.

Too many penalties, not really running the veer to perfection like they used to, good but not great athletes.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Mission Viejo pulls an upset in 2 weeks.

As far as some Socal people already annointing them Bowl Champs, that is WAY premature.

As far as execution, are you comparing this year's team to teams from other years at the beginning of the season or at the end.

From what I understand, DLS makes huge improvements as the year goes along, even compared to other teams.

And Ladouceur and Eidsen seem to think they are ahead of schedule.

Quality of athletes pretty much is what it is, of course, at least over a single season.

They may lose at the end (or earlier), but after last year, I imagine it won't be from underestimating anyone.

As far as execution, are you comparing this year's team to teams from other years at the beginning of the season or at the end.

From what I understand, DLS makes huge improvements as the year goes along, even compared to other teams.

And Ladouceur and Eidsen seem to think they are ahead of schedule.

Quality of athletes pretty much is what it is, of course, at least over a single season.

They may lose at the end (or earlier), but after last year, I imagine it won't be from underestimating anyone.

are you saying they underestimated Canyon?

who had the 2005 SoCal player of the year Diluigi? and a very good QB and excellent lines and linebackers?

I think they were outpersonaled, outcoached, and outplayed. They looked like they were sleepwalking (including COach Lad)

all the excuses about having to take finals the same day, etc., are just that excuses.

as the announcer said, who is from Socal but has been broadcasting DLS vs SS games on TV for 10 years: "I have never seen DLS like this, ever!"

I am flying down for the MV game and I would be very surprised if DLS loses.

I am sure MV will have lots of size and talent but as I heard one of the long time fans say at the Loyola game you throw out the concept of size.

The Cubs were almost bigger to a man in seemed (except for this ONE giant 6'7'' lineman-a real exception at DLS) but the team speed and the intelligent play completely dominated.

It almost looked like DLS had two extra players on the field because they seemed to be everywhere.

I am not sure how many D1 guys will come out of this group but they play well together.

No team this year has gotten past the 40 yard line against the first team defense.

They are getting too many penalties for some reason

are you saying they underestimated Canyon?

who had the 2005 SoCal player of the year Diluigi? and a very good QB and excellent lines and linebackers?

I think they were outpersonaled, outcoached, and outplayed. They looked like they were sleepwalking (including COach Lad)

all the excuses about having to take finals the same day, etc., are just that excuses.

as the announcer said, who is from Socal but has been broadcasting DLS vs SS games on TV for 10 years: "I have never seen DLS like this, ever!"

Honest post.

Also, let's not forget that Canyon tried to give the game away. They threw two key interceptions in the 2nd half. DLS must have really been playing "un-DLS-like" because they couldn't take advantage of the turnovers coming their way.

Honest post.

Also, let's not forget that Canyon tried to give the game away. They threw two key interceptions in the 2nd half. DLS must have really been playing "un-DLS-like" because they couldn't take advantage of the turnovers coming their way.

I agree

I have been watching DLS for 22 years

they took one of the interceptions and had a 3rd and 1 on the Canyon 5 trailing 20-13. 99/100 DLS not only makes the first down, they score the TD.

they tried a stupid, uninspired QB sneak on third down which was stuffed
and then a pitch play which looks great if it works, does not look so good when the linebacker is on the back 4 yards deep in the backfield

normally, on third down, you would have seen either a veer option, dive if it is there or QB keeper to get the 1 yard, or the QB would fake a run to a back and roll out with the run/pass option

I have seen DLS QB run this play to perfection for years, many times on 2 point conversions where THREE yards are needed.

It was not DLS night

Canyon outplayed them and outcoached them

it happens

If I remember correctly, they ran short side on the 4th and 1. That didn't help any, the way things worked out.