DaOne Owens.......................

It is not about transfers it is about Massillon. Who else gets grief? Glenville lately too I suppose. Esp. in Stark, you'll barely hear a peep about Ed, Hoban, LaSalle, TCC, or Winton Woods. Or other FL/Stark transfers. Cuz it's not about that.
You get grief because there’s an old fashioned way (that actually never existed) where every mom and dad stayed married and never moved, kids sat up straight at their desks, and followed every rule there ever was. Back in those days the game was pure. There are people who actually think it was like this everywhere once upon a time. Many of these people feel like they have no choice but to admonish Massillon folk.

And it’s exacerbated because every person on the home side of that stadium two Thursdays ago thinks, “we do it the right way.”

And neither the twain shall meet.

It is not about transfers it is about Massillon. Who else gets grief? Glenville lately too I suppose. Esp. in Stark, you'll barely hear a peep about Ed, Hoban, LaSalle, TCC, or Winton Woods. Or other FL/Stark transfers. Cuz it's not about that.
Careful. Folks get really mad when you tell them to say what they really mean. There is just no way these people care this much about kids transferring into objectively better situations UNLESS...

hey im an outsider looking in. I can have an opinion on Massillon football even if it stinks. I dont HATE Massillon football i was thrilled they beat Hoban and won their first OHSAA title. Went to the Mckinley vs Massillon game at tiger stadium and there was nothing like it. My point was Massillon as a public school relies on out of Massillon talent transferring in to save the program. Sorry if you disagree .
This is a braindead statement and Im no Massillon supporter what so ever lmao. Stop obsessing over what kids and their families decide to do with THEIR lives man holy sh-!! Its beyond weird these schools dont own these boys. Find a new angle for the love of God because I swear all the crying about transfers on here is the most loser sh- I have ever read in my life 🤣 😂

If you wanted a 18 year old to play for Copley instead of compete for a state championship against better competition in front of thousands every week for whatever reason....you are flat out sick in the head. You dont care about "the right way." You are sick and need to see a therapist. Period.

I will also say though Da'one had the same stats at Copley as well
In 11 games at Copley,
Passing
11-195-336=2594-580-13.3-235.8-17.7-24-2.2-10-74-94.0
Rushing
11-170-1406-8.3-127.8-90-7-17

In 15 games at Massillon
Passing
15 159.3 182 105 3 0.58 1566 18 60 104.4
Rushing
15 140 1377 75 1302 9.3 15 75 86.8

It's a little different. This shows Massillon didn't need him as much as Copley did.

This is a braindead statement and Im no Massillon supporter what so ever lmao. Stop obsessing over what kids and their families decide to do with THEIR lives man holy sh-!! Its beyond weird these schools dont own these boys. Find a new angle for the love of God because I swear all the crying about transfers on here is the most loser sh- I have ever read in my life 🤣 😂
I might have a new favorite poster. There is definitely a new leader in the clubhouse right now for sure. LOL.

I might have a new favorite poster. There is definitely a new leader in the clubhouse right now for sure. LOL.
Enough is enough. And then to go the extra mile and say out of town talent is saving the program was just too much for me to read first thing in the morning lol

Careful. Folks get really mad when you tell them to say what they really mean. There is just no way these people care this much about kids transferring into objectively better situations UNLESS...
Agreed… it’s ok if a town’s own program and fans and city get that pumped about the football program and some kids transfer in but it sure as he— better not happen in a town or private school that they disapprove of!!

that goes for Copley for sure, but it also goes for Massillon!

But at least Massillon looked out and saw what it would take and then went out and did it… as opposed to just sitting back and crying foul over and over and over and over and over like people on here love to do.

Stark County had three first team all-Ohio QBs. Owens was first team all-state for Division 2, Zurbrugg for Division 3, and Snyder for Division 4. Since the all-Stark County team, which includes all divisions, could only have two QBs on the first team, one of them had to be left out no matter what.
This is a very good point!!! As much as I have seen bias against Massillon players over the years when it comes to getting snubbed by Stark County coaches for All-County honors BGD does make a valid point.....

Agreed… it’s ok if a town’s own program and fans and city get that pumped about the football program and some kids transfer in but it sure as he— better not happen in a town or private school that they disapprove of!!

that goes for Copley for sure, but it also goes for Massillon!

But at least Massillon looked out and saw what it would take and then went out and did it… as opposed to just sitting back and crying foul over and over and over and over and over like people on here love to do.
There is a local basketball program that loves to wax poectic about doing things the "right way." Parents and coaches alike. Especially when they lose to privates in the playoffs. I look up this year and heres the best players best friend/AAU teammate transferring in... I can only imagine how far the goalposts have been moved

Enough is enough. And then to go the extra mile and say out of town talent is saving the program was just too much for me to read first thing in the morning lol
Not saving at all but you don’t have to look too hard to see without the Beachwood and Copley kids the season may have ended differently. But so what, those families chose to transfer to Massillon just like some families choose to transfer OUT of Massillon. It’s amazing that complete strangers give AF.

Last edited:
Not saving at all but you don’t have to look to hard to see without the Beachwood and Copley kids the season may have ended differently. But so what, those families chose to transfer to Massillon just like some families choose to transfer OUT of Massillon. It’s amazing that complete strangers give AF.

Cool. Now do Hoban. And D1 Ed & D3 TCC. It's all good, we knew people would be butthurt and they have not disappointed. Go Tigers!!!

Cool. Now do Hoban. And D1 Ed & D3 TCC. It's all good, we knew people would be butthurt and they have not disappointed. Go Tigers!!!
I’m not “butthurt” at all. My son is a 2027 multi-sport student-athlete with a bright future as long as he continues to work hard and he’s not affected by Hoban or Massillon. The fact is the season would have been different for Massillon without kids from Beachwood or Copley, just like Glenville’s season would have been different without the kid from Walsh or the kid from Maple. It doesn’t bother me that these kids transfer, one of my kids transferred because it was the best fit for our family. Take it easy everyone isn’t a Massillon hater I’m just stating an opinion that I’m assuming you and everyone else agrees with. Re: Hoban imagine if Coach T never brought in Crable and Long and he rolled with the QBs that transferred out. I think he’d have another ring or two; those kids balled out and East and Wadsworth respectively.

As I have said many times you will not find a Massillon fan that will say “we don’t ever get transfers for football”.
The problem is and has always been the hypocrites that get on here and rip Massillon, yet cheer for their team on Friday night that has transfers.
“But we only have 3 so that doesn’t count” 😂😂😂
🐅🏆
Well said. EVERYONE gets transfers for various reasons some non-athletic, and it’s no one’s business.

Well said. EVERYONE gets transfers for various reasons some non-athletic, and it’s no one’s business.
Right !! Just like you said earlier nobody ever talks about the kids that transfer out of Massillon, some football players as well that go to Hoban, Canton South, Tuslaw or anywhere else the parents decided to send them.

As I have said many times you will not find a Massillon fan that will say “we don’t ever get transfers for football”.
The problem is and has always been the hypocrites that get on here and rip Massillon, yet cheer for their team on Friday night that has transfers.
“But we only have 3 so that doesn’t count”

And their wrestlers, their baseball and basketball players, their girls softball and basketball, etc. Good, solid programs attract students and families for a variety of reasons athletic and non-athletic, and don't apologize for it.

Who was the last great "homegrown" QB from Massillon? Longwell? Does Massillon not develop their own players from the district or do they rely heavily on more talented players to come into the program? ( Owens, Willtrell Hartson, Te'Jamere Nash, Marcus Moore Jr. Andrai Jones, Munford)

A lot of the flack towards Massillon is because of the homer posters on here. Not to mention actively recruiting players from local schools to compensate for their lack of home talent and their fans denying it lol people would respect the program more if they just owned it.
Longwell was from Perry.

I’m not “butthurt” at all. My son is a 2027 multi-sport student-athlete with a bright future as long as he continues to work hard and he’s not affected by Hoban or Massillon. The fact is the season would have been different for Massillon without kids from Beachwood or Copley, just like Glenville’s season would have been different without the kid from Walsh or the kid from Maple. It doesn’t bother me that these kids transfer, one of my kids transferred because it was the best fit for our family. Take it easy everyone isn’t a Massillon hater I’m just stating an opinion that I’m assuming you and everyone else agrees with. Re: Hoban imagine if Coach T never brought in Crable and Long and he rolled with the QBs that transferred out. I think he’d have another ring or two; those kids balled out and East and Wadsworth respectively.

Wanna elaborate on the bold?