dalton football coach resigns

The true measure of a Dalton man is what he will purchase when he visits 3D Meats on US Route 30 in Dalton?

What will Ray Leek purchase in his first visit to 3D?

Will he go trad with steak, chicken, or pork chops? Maybe some hot Italian sausage?

Will he go rad with some oxtails, an assortment of cream based deli salad, or ground bison?

When he takes a break from watching hours of film of the spread passing attack will he grill up a K-Dog from 3D?

1709139918879.png

The true measure of a Dalton man is what he will purchase when he visits 3D Meats on US Route 30 in Dalton?

View attachment 55080
Rich! We have the perfect paradox! He comes from God's Country...throws the ball like a flat lander ....Wakie lives in God's Country! Guernsey County could represent if Tuslaw would take a serious look at your recommendation! I may have been all wrong about your selection for the Tuslaw head football coach!

I would be amazed if he wasn't. He's living in Massillon now I believe.
I hope not, plain and simple, if Dial was/is available and Slaw did or do not put it all on the table to get him, this admin is complete garbage. Hoping some of the fresh blood on the BOE helped drive this home. The only worry is who else is trying to lure him and will Tuslaw make the best presentation possible and check all his boxes, or at least if they don't, they change and cater to what questions and expectations he has. Facilities = soon to be check, Kids = despite the record last year, check, school support = up in the air, and perhaps the biggest one in my opinion, motive = big check. I don't know the guy only what I hear on here (which we all know is gospel) but pretty certain he'd love to stick it to Dalton and build another program, and I don't just mean getting Dalton back on the schedule which would happen in general, just saying big picture.

I heard last week he is supposedly applying around Cleveland....I would think Dalton would have liked him..as anybody who has met him everybody does...but his ability to stay at one high school has to be looked at....lol
I heard Phil Here To-Day, Gone To-Mauro was applying at Beiler's Penn Dutch Market in Uniontown as a Food Demo Coordinator.

1709145354396.png

If The Slaw hired Phil Here To-Day, Gone To-Mauro that will be comedy gold here on Yappi. And an absolute clown car not seen since the days of Wally Armour Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Alliance.

1709145211338.png

I'd bet Evan Berbari applies for The Slaw from his gig at Ashland U. Knowing the Ashland campus like I do, that's a place you want to leave and leave quickly. Even with Evan's 5.96 40-yard dash time he should sprint out of Ashland U.

Fun at Ashland University is walking around Walmart or watching Amish buggy races.

I still say unless Broc Dial is like a Hannibal Lecter character in his personal life screaming "puts the lotion in the basket!", and he wants to coach, bring him to The Slaw. It's a no brainer but no brains is the modus operendi "M.O." these days in America.

1709145304865.png

Late to the show today, but this seems an AWFUL lot like Dalton admin is remaking their version of the Smithville story. Don’t know Dial from Adam, but either he’s a real surly fella or the Dalton admin ego is larger than their village limits.

As for the “Dalton always has talent” crowd - would be interested to hear about the wasteland years the Bulldogs navigated between Ramsey & Dial.

Late to the show today, but this seems an AWFUL lot like Dalton admin is remaking their version of the Smithville story. Don’t know Dial from Adam, but either he’s a real surly fella or the Dalton admin ego is larger than their village limits.

As for the “Dalton always has talent” crowd - would be interested to hear about the wasteland years the Bulldogs navigated between Ramsey & Dial.
I was genuinely curious about my last comment (wouldn't be the first time I said something completely wrong. Also wouldn't be the last) so I looked it up. 2010 was the first year post Ramsay - very nice. The next 5 years . . . that's a total of 16 wins. Or, looking at it another way, 8 less than Waynedale had in that same timespan which included an 0-10 season! :oops:

Bottom line, all small school talent ebbs & flows. Good, consistent coaching is what helps make the bad years not so bad and the good years great.

I do hope Dalton got this right, but still can't shake the idea that this didn't need to happen.

I was genuinely curious about my last comment (wouldn't be the first time I said something completely wrong. Also wouldn't be the last) so I looked it up. 2010 was the first year post Ramsay - very nice. The next 5 years . . . that's a total of 16 wins. Or, looking at it another way, 8 less than Waynedale had in that same timespan which included an 0-10 season! :oops:

Bottom line, all small school talent ebbs & flows. Good, consistent coaching is what helps make the bad years not so bad and the good years great.

I do hope Dalton got this right, but still can't shake the idea that this didn't need to happen.
As a true Daltonite, a couple things I want to address here.

1st - Most of those teams in the years between Ramsey and Dial had a ton of talent, it was actually the coaching that held them down.
2nd - The administration was from what I heard the top reason that Dial is no longer the coach.

(The 2nd on isn’t really a fact, it’s just what I heard around the village.)

"Those who do not learn from history and bound to repeat it". It does look like a re-make of the Smithville story! I LOVE a good re-make, I wonder if the ending will be the same! Lol
If this is a remake, it does reflect modern times. Took Smithville admin 10ish years to move on from Shrock after their title game appearance. Dalton admin saw that and said "We can do it faster!"

Last edited:

Will he go trad with steak, chicken, or pork chops? Maybe some hot Italian sausage?

Will he go rad with some oxtails, an assortment of cream based deli salad, or ground bison?

When he takes a break from watching hours of film of the spread passing attack will he grill up a K-Dog from 3D?
My question is this. How does Orrville get to claim Shisler's Cheese House?
It is 2.8 miles from Dalton and 4.4 miles from Orrville.

Bs Kill Count GIF by Dead Meat James

As a true Daltonite, a couple things I want to address here.

1st - Most of those teams in the years between Ramsey and Dial had a ton of talent, it was actually the coaching that held them down.
2nd - The administration was from what I heard the top reason that Dial is no longer the coach.

(The 2nd on isn’t really a fact, it’s just what I heard around the village.)
If #1 is true then you and the fella that said 'it doesn't matter who coaches Dalton, they always have talent' need to have a cup of coffee at one of your bellstores to decide which is true. ; )

If #1 is true then you and the fella that said 'it doesn't matter who coaches Dalton, they always have talent' need to have a cup of coffee at one of your bellstores to decide which is true. ; )
Who were the coaches after Ramses the I? And who had it the year Dial stepped down?

at one of your bellstores

What Dalton has done with two massive BellStores across SR 94 from each other is the envy of Western Civilization and should be copied by every community in the world.

Ray Leek is walking into a superior culture in Dalton. Streb's, 3-D Meats, Dutch Kitchen, the Dalton Dari-ette, the palatial estates of Lake Harmony, and Shady View Pantry.

1709221706046.png

What Dalton has done with two massive BellStores across SR 94 from each other is the envy of Western Civilization and should be copied by every community in the world.

Ray Leek is walking into a superior culture in Dalton. Streb's, 3-D Meats, Dutch Kitchen, the Dalton Dari-ette, the palatial estates of Lake Harmony, and Shady View Pantry.

View attachment 55135
Shady View Pantry is fantastic! One of the few errands I'll volunteer to run with the Mrs. Life Hack - Always volunteer to carry the basket for her. That way you don't smash the fry pies when you're picking up the pack of cinnamon rolls and bags of candy. (you can thank me later)

Shady View Pantry is fantastic! One of the few errands I'll volunteer to run with the Mrs. Life Hack - Always volunteer to carry the basket for her. That way you don't smash the fry pies when you're picking up the pack of cinnamon rolls and bags of candy. (you can thank me later)
Driving my mother to Shady View Pantry as the WNIR 100 FM "The Talk of Akron" signal cuts in and out (because she insists on all WNIR, all the time) traveling down the Zuercher Road hills.....this is the High Life.