dalton football coach resigns

If that happens, does Dial try to schedule Dalton as Tuslaw's head coach?

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF
gwen stefani GIF by uDiscoverMusic

You're dead right - no hire outside of Dial coming back was going to be good. As for analyzing the record - Dial has never had a losing season as a head coach (he's never even been .500)....so when the new hire is 19-24 in his last 4 years, that's never going to sit well. For crying out loud Dial had 12 PLAYOFF wins in the last 4 years.....

And yes, totally agree. If I'm Tuslaw - I'm pretty much telling Dial he can have whatever he wants and if I'm Dial, I'd do it.
Don't forget 1-9 at Mapleton 🤣 left after 1 year

Heard similar things about Leek.
187 - sheesh 🙄.
Dalton is a great community that has had very strong athletics for a long time, I don’t expect that to change now. They are coming off a great run of talent the last 7-8 years and I’m not saying there won’t be a dip, but the cupboard is not bare.
Jimmy's and Joe's have been the same in Dalton for a long time - look at football before Dial, look at football the 1 year Dial took off. X's and O's make all the difference in the world.

It was just a matter of time before he left. He never wanted to stay and interviewed for other jobs every year.
Based on his track record, he doesn't stay in one place very long. I remember seeing his name every time a Youngstown area job opened up around the covid years. He has assistant stops at football powerhouses: Southington Chalker, Waterloo, and East Canton. I put the over/under on him being in Dalton at 2 years.

https://www.daily-jeff.com/story/sp...h-names-ray-leek-new-football-coach/42164161/

Last edited:
Phys Ed degree huh? Wonder what job they're creating for him at the school?! Do Dean of Students positions pay enough to move a whole family from Cambridge to the Dalton area?

So 20-33 as a head coach 1-2 in the playoffs. Wow. Impressive hire.

I love that they put out to the media that there were 14 applicants. This is the best you had out of 14 applicants? Those 13 others must have been real doozies
Is there even a school close enough to Dalton to transfer out. Is Lucas or Norwayne an option. You know Im not familiar with those farm lands :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Is there any viable option for those kids who still want to succeed and have the means to transfer

Is there even a school close enough to Dalton to transfer out. Is Lucas or Norwayne an option. You know Im not familiar with those farm lands :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Is there any viable option for those kids who still want to succeed and have the means to transfer
Orrville, Tuslaw, and some Wayne Co. League Rivals would all be options for the students of Dalton if they decided to transfer.

Tuslaw HS 6.2 miles
Orrville HS 7.1 miles
Fairless HS 12.1 miles
Northwest HS 12 miles
Massillon HS 12.3 miles

Wayedale, Smithville, Canton Central Catholic

Lots of options out there..... Tuslaw is interesting because of how close it is, if coach Dial would go there I would not be surprised if a couple kids follow him. I can't confirm this, but I heard Tomlinson is a Tuslaw kid to begin with......would be really really interesting if that was true.....

Tuslaw HS 6.2 miles
Orrville HS 7.1 miles
Fairless HS 12.1 miles
Northwest HS 12 miles
Massillon HS 12.3 miles

Wayedale, Smithville, Canton Central Catholic

Lots of options out there..... Tuslaw is interesting because of how close it is, if coach Dial would go there I would not be surprised if a couple kids follow him. I can't confirm this, but I heard Tomlinson is a Tuslaw kid to begin with......would be really really interesting if that was true.....
How about to the City of Warren to call home, plenty of opportunity to broaden ones horizons

Based on his track record, he doesn't stay in one place very long. I remember seeing his name every time a Youngstown area job opened up around the covid years. He has assistant stops at football powerhouses: Southington Chalker, Waterloo, and East Canton. I put the over/under on him being in Dalton at 2 years.

https://www.daily-jeff.com/story/sp...h-names-ray-leek-new-football-coach/42164161/
Always wanted to stay up north where he's from so we knew he wouldn't be here long. It happens so whatever. That being said, two of my kids played for him and enjoyed being with him.

To go from being D7 state runner up with Coach Dial to this new hire with a 20-33 record at the land of Cambridge Glass and the Grecian delights of The Forum restaurant, with no offense to said new coach or the community of Dalton, I humbly present to you the symbolic representation of the Dalton Local Schools Football Coach Hiring Committee:

Le restaurant abandonné de Howard Johnson

1709136227619.png

Heard similar things about Leek.
187 - sheesh 🙄.
Dalton is a great community that has had very strong athletics for a long time, I don’t expect that to change now. They are coming off a great run of talent the last 7-8 years and I’m not saying there won’t be a dip, but the cupboard is not bare.
Maybe not completely bare..........but there are several classes in the system who struggle mightily to scratch out any wins in several sports. You never want to write kids off in middle school, but it is very unlikely that a team goes from a league bottom feeder in middle school to a top 1-3 team in high school.

To go from being D7 state runner up with Coach Dialto this new hire with a 20-33 record at the land of Cambridge Glass and the Grecian delights of The Forum restaurant, with no offense to said new coach or the community of Dalton, I humbly present to you the symbolic representation of the Dalton Local Schools Football Coach Hiring Committee:

Le restaurant abandonné de Howard Johnson

View attachment 55077
dead GIF

💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

Always wanted to stay up north where he's from so we knew he wouldn't be here long. It happens so whatever. That being said, two of my kids played for him and enjoyed being with him.
What style of football do his teams play? Are his teams typically run heavy?

What style of football do his teams play? Are his teams typically run heavy?
He loves to throw it. Here's some flavor:

I humbly present....the new era of Dalton's Don Coryell....starting in 2024.

He loves to throw it. Here's some flavor:

I humbly present....the new era of Dalton's Don Coryell....starting in 2024.
If I remember correctly, that is why Mapleton hired him to replace Mahaney because he would continue that style of offense.

spread and throws it around all day
5-5 if he's lucky. New QB. Replacing almost everybody upfront. Norwayne will roll. Hillsdale will be good. Smithville will be improved. Rittman brings back quite a bit from last years team that was successful Sonego at RB is a handful.

5-5 if he's lucky. New QB. Replacing almost everybody upfront. Norwayne will roll. Hillsdale will be good. Smithville will be improved. Rittman brings back quite a bit from last years team that was successful Sonego at RB is a handful.
Yeah. Probably not the style most Dalton fans will be excited about. Successful Dalton teams have always been physical, blue collar type teams. This will be a tough transition. Dalton does have some good receivers returning. Sophomore QB will face a learning curve though.

So, is the only thing we are analyzing about the new hire is his last season record?

I really don’t understand? I have a friend who lives in Cambridge, he said that town loved Leek despite an 0-10 record this past season. They had a great year the season previous to 0-10. Said he gets the kids and families involved. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sounds a little like Phil Here Today Gone To Mauro type of coach

If I’m Tuslaw, I’m going after one guy and one guy only until he tells me no. Could pick up some players that may want to stick with the coach.
I would do the same thing unless brothers Rick and Marty Lagina are in charge...then the the Curse of Oak Island will continue