D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few but other than the long run on the Jet by #34 they were pretty contained for the most part. The dropped passes killed Dalton. Penalties almost killed Kennedy.
Pretty spot on game analysis, really. Haven’t seen that out of Dalton all year. JFK gotta gut one out with Newark. Do the region proud.

I got caught up in CFB today and thought I had time to come to this thread and find a at least a radio broadcast.
Lots of shocker scores in the Regional Finals this year. But I knew this game would live up to the billing. Just figured I could get a radio broadcast for a Youngstown/Warren Football game.

I had the “South Range vs Kirtland” Regional Final free on YouTube, as well as, the Carey vs Liberty Center Regional Final. Both ended up being snoozer blow outs. Still can’t figure Archbold losing last week.
But Kirtland and Chardon( 6 miles from Lake County)
Them Lake County boys’ sure have them Mahoning boys’ number in football this decade.

A few but other than the long run on the Jet by #34 they were pretty contained for the most part. The dropped passes killed Dalton. Penalties almost killed Kennedy.
Spot on. Dalton's first TD drive helped by 20 yards in penalties. At half a Dalton buddy (at the game) texted me "I don't know how we haven't thrown 2 INTs already with all this balls off our hands."

O
Can’t post on it right now. Everything I say would be an overreaction. Going to let it simmer….congrats JFK - upstanding young men, great sportsmanship all night and man did they bring the lumber on defense
Over-Time scores don’t show just how close a game really was sometimes.
Before playoffs this was a tie ball game. Weird to think about those things.
Dalton represented their beautiful town and community very well. Nothing to be ashamed of, sometimes the breaks go the other way.
Shame someone had to lose from the sound of it. Definately a heartbreaking feeling.

Spot on. Dalton's first TD drive helped by 20 yards in penalties. At half a Dalton buddy (at the game) texted me "I don't know how we haven't thrown 2 INTs already with all this balls off our hands."
Correct .So unlike a Stutz. Man Kennedy brought it… just can’t get over it. JFK is really good. Could watch those two forever.

Reactions: GMA
Pretty spot on game analysis, really. Haven’t seen that out of Dalton all year. JFK gotta gut one out with Newark. Do the region proud.
Game looks destined for Dover-New Philly.
Certain towns are just geographically set up with how the regions are drawn up. Not complaining abt the regions either, OHSSA shills.

#2 from JFK is a special talent. His jump cuts are unreal. Is he the best back Dalton has faced this year?
#5’s catch over him in the first half on the Dalton sideline was amazing. Just tip your cap to him.

Yeah. Know Jaiden’s momma & step dad real well. Kid’s just a great person. (Great family) Scary athlete. Antwan is great. Best I’ve seen since Parks in Orrville. Some of these seniors were over in Orville for 7 on 7’s during the Parks era… so they’re well baptized in yak.

What a great game to watch. Two really good teams who left it all on the field. JFK’s ability to control Dalton’s offense gave them the chance to get their offense in gear. Or maybe getting their offense in gear meant giving the ball to #2 on nearly every play. Brown Jr was definitely the MVP of this game. Not only did he run the ball well, but his defense against Jaiden Malone was outstanding. Not sure I have seen anybody cover Malone better than that for the last few years. Malone made two great plays (TD and the ridiculous catch on the sideline), but the percentage of passes completed to him compared to his targets was really low. Stutz has probably been completing about 80% of the balls thrown Malone’s way in recent weeks.

Good luck to JFK as they move along. I would like to see somebody beat Marion Local, regardless of how improbable that might be. Can’t wait to continue this discussion in August.

Isn’t JFK in competition for the some kids in the Niles area? Pretty smart on JFK if so.
Probably wouldn’t get a fair game in Niles anyway ?
Deeply sorry for your bitterness that JFK denied your application due to such poor grammar. Bet you had to fit in in one of them there pubic schools.

Brown had 198 yds in the 2nd half tonight, 244 for the game. He now has well over 1000 yds in just the playoffs and well over 2000 on the season. He's the best RB in D7 hands down and has to be considered for all the big awards this season.

I'm obviously a homer so this is going to sound extremely biased, but I keep watching JFK tape - then went back and watched some of last years game. JFK is still susceptible to the same things that beat them or caused them trouble last year. WR screens, Deep passes - especially those attacking seems, and QBs that get out of the pocket. From what I've seen on tape, they seem to play more man coverage than I expected to see - I saw a lot of man with no high safety, which if they run this against Dalton they're going to get torched (Malone was pretty effective in last years game).

Defensively, if I was setting up the scheme for Dalton, I would put a quasi-spy on #2....I would do everything in my power to limit him (keep him inside the hashes) and invite JFK to throw the ball or have #11 keep it on those read option plays. #11 is bigger, but tbh, he doesn't run super hard and seems to tuck/brace for impact on tackles (in his defense, most of his runs are between the tackles into the meat of the defense)

Not meant to be a slight on JFK or any of the players, just stating what I see on tape....I see a very similar JFK team as last years, but more explosive at the RB position and a Dalton team that is miles ahead of where they were last year.

I love reading pre-game analysis post game. Dalton kids were a class act the entire game. Those kids are being raised right. Much respect

However, I was left shaking my head at the OT play calling by Dalton. 1st and the game on the 5rd line and they don't give it to 34 4 times? And the pass on 4th down just left me scratching my head.

I know Sunday morning coaching is easy, and I'm a ride or die guy with coaching, but how can you not stick with high probability plays?

Here's a video of the tying TD, the OT TD and the OT int https://www.wkbn.com/sports/warren-...-overtime-win-over-dalton-in-regional-finals/

edit: as always the OH report with a fantastic job.

Last edited:
I love reading pre-game analysis post game. Dalton kids were a class act the entire game. Those kids are being raised right. Much respect

However, I was left shaking my head at the OT play calling by Dalton. 1st and the game on the 5rd line and they don't give it to 34 4 times? And the pass on 4th down just left me scratching my head.

I know Sunday morning coaching is easy, and I'm a ride or die guy with coaching, but how can you not stick with high probability plays?

Here's a video of the tying TD, the OT TD and the OT int https://www.wkbn.com/sports/warren-...-overtime-win-over-dalton-in-regional-finals/

edit: as always the OH report with a fantastic job.
Called your way and it doesn’t work…it’s the same post, though.

OH Report is the best… We can fire YSN into the sun at this point. Still salty about that product… No less than three better productions I’ve seen this year that are free. And I’m more than willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.