D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
We barely got past McDonald in 2019 and we know how that turned out. There is no panic in this team. You really think Lucas is going to lose to Malvern? Or, is it you want Lucas to lose to Malvern?
I believe Malvern is living a lie. I believe Southern is living a lie. I have seen Southern on film twice. Independence is living a lie. Valley Christian gave their game away to Cuyahoga Hgts

I believe Malvern is living a lie. I believe Southern is living a lie. I have seen Southern on film twice. Independence is living a lie. Valley Christian gave their game away to Cuyahoga Hgts
I’m sure I’ll get my words in regarding most of this, this week…But, Malvern is very not fraudulent. Good enough to hand Lucas an L? Stay tuned… (let the interest build you chooch ??)

We barely got past McDonald in 2019 and we know how that turned out. There is no panic in this team. You really think Lucas is going to lose to Malvern? Or, is it you want Lucas to lose to Malvern?
McDonald was good. Mapleton wasn’t.

I’m assuming the Dalton game was child abuse as the JFK game was. I think it will be much of the same in week #2 of the playoffs. I still believe JFK, Dalton, Lucas, NSP will advance after this week.
Credit the Mathews kids, they played hard. No quit, even after the score got outta hand. #5 and #25 specifically for the Mustangs are real solid players. And the QB threw one 45 yards in the air at one point. I mean, it was incomplete, but still impressive.

Anyway, just wanted to call that out. No, the game was never in doubt after Q1, but the Mathews kids played with honor and heart. Earned a lot of folks respect. Their core group is young I think? I dunno. May cause some issues as they get more experience, if they can get their #’s up a little.

All this post tells me is that Lucas takes their first round opponents lightly.

Southern is going to win a close one I think but I would have to say the Firelands is better overall. East Palestine is the kicker. They're the anchor pulling everyone else down.
Is Southern any better than they were last year? I do think this year's St. Paul's team is better than last year's team that beat Southern pretty easily.

I'm not concerned at all. We played a terrible half against Mapleton and still whipped them.
On Paper, it’s a mismatch. There is no doubt that Lucas is the better team. I’ve seen Malvern 4 times this year. Only Garaway really manhandled them. Sometimes when you play a team with nothing to lose, that can be dangerous sometimes. In the end, I think Lucas will be to much for Malvern to handle.

lucas 30
Malvern 20
I’m a game better than everyone thinks.
Good luck to all the remaining teams ?

Two teams really separated themselves from the pack in the first round. Dalton and JFK are the cream of the crop in this region, but we already knew this.

Lucas and St. Paul struggled early against inferior opponents. I actually believe one if not both will lose this coming weekend.
Longtime reader and new to posting here from Huron County area ...

Not sure what you're basing the St. Paul comment on? They scored on the second play of the game and led 14-0 three minutes into the game. Is that struggling early? OK ... SC scored once on a busted coverage and missed tackle before half, then had one good drive to open the third quarter and made it a contest for a bit, but the Flyers led start to finish and ran for 461 yards and 7 TDs according to the newspaper. It was a one-score game twice for like two-plus minutes each time.

I agree with most on here ... JFK, Dalton, Lucas seem a cut above and the favorites, with St. Paul as a clear fourth team where if it played well or got some breaks, could knock one of them off. I suspect a week from now we're talking about those four teams

I honestly think Malvern has a shot. Looking at a few things that surprised me.
We all know Lowellville isn't great. Holding them to a goose egg is impressive though. Ballone is a great athlete and to not let him break one off tells me they are disciplined and can tackle well.
Malvern lost 22-21 to Sandy Valley, Sandy Valley then gave Garfield all they wanted.. That also jumps out to me.
I think it will be a one score game either way.

I honestly think Malvern has a shot. Looking at a few things that surprised me.
We all know Lowellville isn't great. Holding them to a goose egg is impressive though. Ballone is a great athlete and to not let him break one off tells me they are disciplined and can tackle well.
Malvern lost 22-21 to Sandy Valley, Sandy Valley then gave Garfield all they wanted.. That also jumps out to me.
I think it will be a one score game either way.
Prediction?

Longtime reader and new to posting here from Huron County area ...

Not sure what you're basing the St. Paul comment on? They scored on the second play of the game and led 14-0 three minutes into the game. Is that struggling early? OK ... SC scored once on a busted coverage and missed tackle before half, then had one good drive to open the third quarter and made it a contest for a bit, but the Flyers led start to finish and ran for 461 yards and 7 TDs according to the newspaper. It was a one-score game twice for like two-plus minutes each time.

I agree with most on here ... JFK, Dalton, Lucas seem a cut above and the favorites, with St. Paul as a clear fourth team where if it played well or got some breaks, could knock one of them off. I suspect a week from now we're talking about those four teams
Jaws31 spouts off in an effort to upset a certain someone. ;) You came with facts which normally elude him.

Regional Quarterfinal​

Malvern-2021_L.png
Lucas-2014_R.png

#8 Malvern
@ #1 Lucas

Independence-2017_L.png
Dalton-2016__R.png

#5 Independence
@ #4 Dalton
Southern-2019_L.png
StPaul-2021_R.png

#7 Southern
@ #2 St Paul
CuyahogaHeights-2013__L.png
JFK-2018_R.png

#6 Cuyahoga Heights
@ #3 Warren JFK

Lucas wins by 14+
Dalton wins by 21+
NSP wins by 14+
JFK wins by 21+

Take it to the bank ? :LOL:
You read my mind. I say all 4 of the "big 4" roll. All by at least 2 TDs. It's going to feel good for your guys to end CHs season for once. You guys owe them.

Last edited:
Being moved to Orrville...
I am certain that Dalton wanted this game moved to Orrville to be able to use their speed better on turf. I am also certain that Independence is thrilled with the move as well. Running the spread in the mud at Dalton would have been a challenge. Should be a fun game on Saturday.

We'll see what the Lucas field looks like this week. They may move our game to Madison Comprehensive.

We'll see what the Lucas field looks like this week. They may move our game to Madison Comprehensive.
If I'm lucas I keep the game at home. Muddy field is better for them and their offense. Turf is better for Malverns spread it out passing game.

If I'm lucas I keep the game at home. Muddy field is better for them and their offense. Turf is better for Malverns spread it out passing game.
We shall see. The OHSAA stepped in last time we got a crapload of rain and moved our 2018 first round game to Madison's field. The poor Hannibal River fans made the 3:15 drive in week 9 and took a 62-6 shellacking only to have to drive back 2 weeks later for a 42-0 beatdown. We did get new sod put in and it appears it held up somewhat decent.

Here's my honest predictions for this weekends upcoming games:

Lucas and St. Paul will be in closer games than expected. Both will win but I think by a td at most.

Lucas 28- Malvern 24
St. Paul 34- Southern 31

Dalton will give up a few points early but then wear Indy out and pull away late.

Dalton 42- Independence 21

Kennedy is really looking forward to this one and I think dominates. We have struggled with Heights' offense in the past but not this year. The front 7 will be too overwhelming.

JFK 35 - CH 7

Status
Not open for further replies.