D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my thought on the strength of the teams at this time. Not based on Harbins.

1. Lucas
2. Norwalk St Paul
3. Dalton
4. Warren JFK
5. Plymouth
6. Cuyahoga Hts
7. Independence
8. Malvern
9. Ashland Mapleton
10. Youngstown Valley Christian
11. Lowellville
12. Monroeville
13. Toronto
14. Southern
15. South Central
16. Buckeye Central
17. McDonald
18. Windham
19. Leetonia
20. Mathews
21. Jackson-Milton
22. Wellsville
23. Steubenville CC
24. David Anderson
25. Sebring McKinley
26. Fairport Harding
27. Chalker
28. Crestline
29. Ashtabula St John's
Look how close you were on this.

I did hear a rumor that Mapleton was missing 22 starters in weeks 1-10…
I will say this about what I personally know about Mapleton football. I was not at the scrimmage this year. I did go to the scimmage in 2019 and Lucas completely dismantled Mapleton that day. My guess on the score was around 56-0. They couldn't move the ball at all. There you go. That is the extent of knowledge.

56-0 is where I have this weeks game… I’ll do point predictions this week.
Lucas is 13-2 vs D7 since 2109. The two loses were to Marion Local (state champion) and JFK (runner-up). I'm not worried about Mapleton. Could they win? Sure. We could have 6 fumbles or something crazy. Other than a scenario like that, the way we are playing right now, they have a 1% chance IMO.

My Guess... See how right it is after the weekend
1.St. Paul 20.01
2. Lucas 17.60
3.Independence 16.15
4.Dalton 13.2
5.Southern 12.7
6.C Heights 12.67
7. Malvern 11.67
8. JFK 10.72
9. Lowellville (No Game) = 10.22
10. Toronto 9.55
11. YVC 8.94
12. Mathews 7.23
13. Plymouth 7.06
14. South Central 6.64
15. Mapleton 5.43
16. Monroeville =5.25
17. Windham= 5.22
Yikes... Glad im not a bettor

I watched Crestview and Monroeville on YouTube the other day. I came away very unimpressed. I had to double check to make sure they were 10-0. They are not very good.
"They are not very good." Jaws go to move.

A 10-0 team who stomped NSP is not very good. ?‍♂️

Other than Kennedy (of course), who is good?

"They are not very good." Jaws go to move.

A 10-0 team who stomped NSP is not very good. ?‍♂️

Other than Kennedy (of course), who is good?
Go ahead and watch them on YouTube. I couldn't care less if they are 10-0. They aren't good.

Watched them a few times and I have to disagree. May not be the most exciting team to watch but they get the job done.
It really doesn't have anything to do with how exciting they are or not. They just don't have any athletes or anybreal size to them. They're the #2 in their region and there are probably at least 4-5 teams in region 21 that would beat them by 3 or 4 scores.

We were banged up and without several starters in that scrimmage, and regardless if you've seen it all or not, I know that we handled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the football. Now that Lesco is getting back to being himself, our offense starting to click. Our defense kept Morse from Crestview Friday locked down in the first half, we just gave up to many big pass plays.
Scrimmage statistics:

Lucas, 27 carries, 140 yards, 4 TDs, 5.2 per carry

Mapleton, 20 carries, 33 yards, 1.2 per carry

The more I watch this #7 from Monroeville the more I like this kid. Offensively he is their whole team. Defensively he flashes all over the field but he is more physical on the Offensive side of the ball running the rock.

#1-Lucas vs #16-Mapleton - Based on info given Im going to take Mapleton 35-7... lol Lucas 49-0
#8 Malvern vs #9 Lowellville- Malvern 42-20 Looks like Malvern has a little D in them.
#4 Dalton vs #13 Mathews - Dalton 56-6 Could be uglier we shall see.
#5 Independence vs #12 Toronto- Independence 35-14 Saw someone thinks Toronto can win. I dont see it?

#2 NSP vs #15 South Central- NSP 42-19
#7 Southern vs #10 Plymouth Plymouth -29-28 2 for the win!
#3 JFK vs #14 Monroeville JFK 48-0 Warren rolls.
#6 CH vs #11 VCS Dont know what CH has but they just have take defend the deep ball. CH 28-13

#1 Lucas vs #8 Malvern- I think Malvern a little tougher than everyone thinks. I would be curious what would happen if they got NSP. Ill still take Lucas 28-14
#4 Dalton vs #5 Independence- Dalton 35-10
#2 NSP vs #10 Plymouth - Lets be honest this isnt fun without a big upset. Give me Plymouth 28-21
#3 Kennedy vs #6 CH- Eagles roll here. 42-7

#1 Lucas little cubs vs #4 Dalton -We all know what Lucas is. It does seem like its hard to slow down Dalton. I know its equally as hard to put up al ot of points against Lucas.

Lets dig a little deeper here. Teams ppg and points allowed against the top half of their schedule.

Dalton- 18 Points allowed 24 scored
D
Garaway- 21
Ridgewood- 14
Waynedale- 7
Hillsdale- 20
Norwayne- 28
O
Garaway-7
Ridgewood- 7
Waynedale- 35
Hillsdale- 41
Norwayne- 30

Lucas- 12.4 allowed 18.8 scored
D
Hillsdale- 12
Lakewood- 27
CCC- 15
FL-8
Moggy-0
O
Hillsdale- 14
Lakewood-35
CCC-0
FL-31
Moggy- 14

To me this game is going to be really really tight. I might be way wrong but I'm going to take Lucas 21-14.

#2 NSP vs #3 JFK
Not as much needed for this one. JFK Kennedy Eagles of Warren 35-14. I just dont think NSP is on the same level as the big 3.

#1 Lucas vs #3 JFK
JFK #'s vs the top 4 of their schedule look like this, I dont see a deserving 5th game.
Allowed 12.5 a game. Scored 24.25 a game. Better D than Dalton by a touchdown. This will be a quick game and a turnover could be the difference. Im not sure who Lucas still has out but that could also be the difference maker. Give me JFK 14-13.

Lets hope for some good games and that whoever wins this region can make it to state and give Marion a game.

Crestview is not Kennedy ie. they are not very good.
I would use 500 more words to be less abrasive, yet, I agree with Sledgehammer31 here…

They were the most efficient team in a bizarre Firelands this year. OOC was abysmal. I actually chalked that St. Paul win up to the Flyers finally laying their egg… ie Lucas/Canton CC - JFK/Mogagore - Dalton/Garaway. Was more concerned about them laying it late in the year.

I would use 500 more words to be less abrasive, yet, I agree with Sledgehammer31 here…

They were the most efficient team in a bizarre Firelands this year. OOC was abysmal. I actually chalked that St. Paul win up to the Flyers finally laying their egg… ie Lucas/Canton CC - JFK/Mogagore - Dalton/Garaway. Was more concerned about them laying it late in the year.
Crestview is just better than NSP this year. If they played 10 times, I believe Crestview wins at least 9.

Also for what its worth at all here is the calpreps predictions. predictions based on neutral field.
Lucas over Mapleton 34-6
Malvern over Lowellville 34-24
JFK over Monroeville 44-12
Independence over Toronto 34-21
NSP over South Central 38-8
Plymouth over Southern 34-28
Dalton over Mathews 42-0
CH over VCS 28-21

Also for what its worth at all here is the calpreps predictions. predictions based on neutral field.
Lucas over Mapleton 34-6
Malvern over Lowellville 34-24
JFK over Monroeville 44-12
Independence over Toronto 34-21
NSP over South Central 38-8
Plymouth over Southern 34-28
Dalton over Mathews 42-0
CH over VCS 28-21
CalPreps algorithm isn’t great. Really miss fantastic50

It really doesn't have anything to do with how exciting they are or not. They just don't have any athletes or any real size to them. They're the #2 in their region and there are probably at least 4-5 teams in region 21 that would beat them by 3 or 4 scores.
JFK would lose to 3-4 teams in R28. Does that make them "not very good"?

Crestview is not Kennedy ie. they are not very good.
Not what I said at all. Teams that I have watched that are good, Dalton, South Range, Garfield, etc. Crestview is ok in a bad league. Does not make them "good". Instead of just seeing a record and saying a team is good go watch them and you will see what I'm saying, then again you probably won't.

JFK would lose to 3-4 teams in R28. Does that make them "not very good"?
You just have a massive problem with people that don't agree with your opinion. Some people actually make statements on teams based on video evidence rather than just looking at records on paper and declaring how good they are. Not hard to do.

Not what I said at all. Teams that I have watched that are good, Dalton, South Range, Garfield, etc. Crestview is ok in a bad league. Does not make them "good". Instead of just seeing a record and saying a team is good go watch them and you will see what I'm saying, then again you probably won't.
Lol. I live in Richland County, I've seen them. If they are "not very good" you need to take back all the things you said about NSP.
The top 4 teams in this region are JFK, Lucas, St. Paul and Dalton. The regional champ will be either St. Paul or Kennedy. Kennedy's offensive and defensive fronts are a lot to handle. That could be the difference in the region.
St. Paul, in your opinion, was good enough to win R25, apparently beating a good team in Dalton along the way, but they lost badly to a team that isn't any good. Which is it?

Last edited:
You just have a massive problem with people that don't agree with your opinion. Some people actually make statements on teams based on video evidence rather than just looking at records on paper and declaring how good they are. Not hard to do.
Nah, not at all. Just seems to be you. You say outlandish looking to garner a reaction. I am here to put you in your place from time to time. You'll thank me later.

Last edited:
Lol. I live in Richland County, I've seen them. If they are "not very good" you need to take back all the things you said about NSP.

St. Paul, in your opinion, was good enough to win R25. They lost to a team that isn't any good. Which is it?
I believed that St. Paul was better than they are. Since I have seen them on film my thoughts have changed. That's how that works.

Nah, not at all. Just seems to be you. You say outlandish looking to garner a reaction. I am here to put you in your place from time to time.
What have I said that is so outlandish? I said last year thst Lucas had no chance agsinst us, wasn't wrong. I said we'd win the region, wasn't wrong. And when I do make a statement and end up being wrong I come on here and say so. I'm still waiting for you to put me in my place. Here's another one for ya. Lucas won't make it to the regional championship game because ON FILM they aren't nearly as good as last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.