D7 R25 2024

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ nah Dial first year was 7-4 so Leek first year can be good too. I haven't said anything about the hire, next year or 0-10. One thing I'm nervous about is the Cambridge defense last year gave up 517 points which averaged out to nearly 52 points a game.
I know southeastern Ohio is known for their high level football but regardless that lack of defense is concerningšŸ‘€šŸ‘€šŸ‘€.
Watch the SEO slander..

Watch the SEO slander..
compton iitsad GIF by AD

Not to worry Bulldog fans - it appears Tuslaw is growing and will be bumped into D5. That chicken's coming home to roost, just not this year it appears....

And to make Bulldog fans feel better - Tuslaw will likely getting bumped into a region with Norwayne, Perry and South Range. Woof.

Not to worry Bulldog fans - it appears Tuslaw is growing and will be bumped into D5. That chicken's coming home to roost, just not this year it appears....

And to make Bulldog fans feel better - Tuslaw will likely getting bumped into a region with Norwayne, Perry and South Range. Woof.
My biggest interest in all of this is will they renew the rivalry in the near future...

Since Ben Holt left Dalton - What is the longest tenure for a boys basketball coach? Has anyone made it 3 seasons since then?! I'm legitimately trying to remember....
Kaleb Reed did coach three seasons at Dalton. He took over in the summer of 2019 and left in the spring of 2022. Other coaches since Ben Holt left were Matt Monter (2 seasons), Justin Greenfelder (1+ seasons), and Cody Huth (<1 season). Seems like there is a great possibility of another coach taking over the reigns here soon.

You can characterize these things however you want to, but it would be hard for anyone to argue with the statement that Dalton is just a very tough community/school to coach in. You would not have this level of turnover if it were not a tough place to coach. Consider this.......Kaleb Reed won a league title in all three seasons that he was the head coach.......including two non-shared league titles. He also coached his team to the most improbable win in that area in many years (Dalton won at Lutheran East) and won games against other successful big school programs (University School, at Walsh Jesuit, at Revere) and beat Hiland two years in a row including a resounding win by a comfortable margin at Hiland. How often does Hiland get blown out on their home floor? Yet most Dalton supporters think Kaleb Reed was the downfall of the era he coached in at Dalton. Like I said.........tough gig.

So I know I already broke the news that the guy who was doing the hypothetical matchups a few weeks ago, and who has seemed to disappear again, was Queen Elizabeth last fall. Maybe @Hoist the Black is Kate Middleton and that would explain is extended absence as well and further my theory that the British Royal Family is truly invested in small school HS football in the northeast part of Ohio.

Didn't someone once call the R27 Regional Title trophy the 'Tallest Midget' award?
To be fair, this deserves some nuance.

The R27 champion distinction belongs to five schools, with a distribution ofā€¦

ā€¢ School that is currently D5 and largely viewed to be the best ā€˜small schoolā€™ program among the Three C metroā€™s,

ā€¢ School that is 2-0 in the state semifinals after having won R27,

ā€¢ School that has the most playoff wins in the state of all programs to not reach the final week of the season,

ā€¢ School that throws away trophies that donā€™t say ā€œState Championsā€ on it,

ā€¢ sub-mediocre team (by regional champion standards of this state) that only won because none of the other four programs were in R27 that year.

To be fair, this deserves some nuance.

The R27 champion distinction belongs to five schools, with a distribution ofā€¦

ā€¢ School that is currently D5 and largely viewed to be the best ā€˜small schoolā€™ program among the Three C metroā€™s,

ā€¢ School that is 2-0 in the state semifinals after having won R27,

ā€¢ School that has the most playoff wins in the state of all programs to not reach the final week of the season,

ā€¢ School that throws away trophies that donā€™t say ā€œState Championsā€ on it,

ā€¢ sub-mediocre team (by regional champion standards of this state) that only won because none of the other four programs were in R27 that year.
I know who you are referring to besides the first one. My mind is blank on that.

Prep beating Shadyside on a Hail Mary, in the first round, was the trifecta that sent Sue into crotchety overdrive.

>Shadyside MEN lose
>Roman Catholicism
>Beat by kids whose ethnicity she has never had a meaningful interaction with, except for her statue of a leaning capped uniform man holding an object in his hand.

@The Dock Heading to a Marietta/Parkersburg Kroger to find the Twin State League expansion plans in a specially marked bag of Mister Bee potato chips. Marietta Gian Iggles will also work.