D7 R25 2024

Idk if you guys have looked at the new enrollment figures yet but I just posted this on the MAC thread:

School boy Enrollment figures have been updated for this upcoming cycle

Anna: 145
Coldwater 145
Fort Recovery: 107
Marion Local: 109
Minster: 84
New Bremen: 101
New Knoxville (For Fun): 45
Parkway: 128
St Henry: 102
St Johns: 62
Versailles: 172

I fear Coldwater and Marion will be in the same division again

Food for thought

Idk if you guys have looked at the new enrollment figures yet but I just posted this on the MAC thread:

Coldwater 145

Food for thought
Don't fear it dude! Embrace it . I hope it happens. Along with Kirtland in the same division as well.

Region 27 and Danville reading what you know who’s enrollment number is.
IMG_7186.jpeg

Coldwater 145

Food for thought
This is great stuff, thanks for sharing over here.

If Versailles can squeeze up to 5 would be fun to watch 3 MAC teams in Canton again.

#6 2014 St Paul and #3 2008 Hopewell moving on.

Next up we have

#4 2019 Lucas (12-3) vs #13 2018 Cuyahoga Heights (11-3)

#4 2019 Lucas (12-3)

DNIS can give us a details run down on this Lucas but I saw them first hand vs McDonald. Short story here, I arrived to the game and text my dad (my dad attends every game but happened to be on vacation). My text read "wow, they dont look that good, I think we might be able to win this."

This was pretty much the first of Lucas being known around our area and we werent sure what to expect. In terms of the Mcdonald team we werent that good IMO compared to prior years squads. The Devils gave them all they wanted and went for 2 to win and didnt get it. Credit to Lucas for getting it done. Which each Lucas win I became more and more surprised. Turns out we just matched up well with Lucas that year and I think we surprised them with some speed and coming to hit. Lucas just found ways to win.

Scored 24.2 ppg and 19.6 ppg in the playoffs. Which is by far the lowest weve seen so far.
Allowed 13.2 ppg and 18.8 ppg in the playoffs.

#13 2018 Cuyahoga Heights (11-3)
These guys confuse me. week 3 against a 3-7 Brookfield team lost 46-17. Then go on to win the region.
Scored 30.7 ppg and 29.75 in the playoffs.
Let up 20.4 ppg and 21.5 ppg in the playoffs Which I believe is the highest so far,

Was this a run of luck? JFK guys what happened in the region finals this year? They beat JFK 35-20?

This will be easier for me to run 1 at a time and leave more to discuss. Make your pick by Friday.

#6 2014 St Paul and #3 2008 Hopewell moving on.

Next up we have

#4 2019 Lucas (12-3) vs #13 2018 Cuyahoga Heights (11-3)

#4 2019 Lucas (12-3)

DNIS can give us a details run down on this Lucas but I saw them first hand vs McDonald. Short story here, I arrived to the game and text my dad (my dad attends every game but happened to be on vacation). My text read "wow, they dont look that good, I think we might be able to win this."

This was pretty much the first of Lucas being known around our area and we werent sure what to expect. In terms of the Mcdonald team we werent that good IMO compared to prior years squads. The Devils gave them all they wanted and went for 2 to win and didnt get it. Credit to Lucas for getting it done. Which each Lucas win I became more and more surprised. Turns out we just matched up well with Lucas that year and I think we surprised them with some speed and coming to hit. Lucas just found ways to win.

Scored 24.2 ppg and 19.6 ppg in the playoffs. Which is by far the lowest weve seen so far.
Allowed 13.2 ppg and 18.8 ppg in the playoffs.

#13 2018 Cuyahoga Heights (11-3)
These guys confuse me. week 3 against a 3-7 Brookfield team lost 46-17. Then go on to win the region.
Scored 30.7 ppg and 29.75 in the playoffs.
Let up 20.4 ppg and 21.5 ppg in the playoffs Which I believe is the highest so far,

Was this a run of luck? JFK guys what happened in the region finals this year? They beat JFK 35-20?

This will be easier for me to run 1 at a time and leave more to discuss. Make your pick by Friday.
This one is easy. @trimblefootball can weigh in here.

The 2018 R27 regional final, Lucas vs Trimble in 2018 was an instant classic. A great match-up that Trimble won with under 20 seconds left.
Trimble then went on to dismantle CH in the state semis.

In this match-up, Lucas wins v Cuyahoga Heights in a route. The Cubs run for 250+ yards, minimum. Lucas 34, CH 13

I also agree with McDonald matching up well with Lucas. That was a fast, hard-hitting McDonald squad. I was super impressed.

The 2018 R27 regional final, Lucas vs Trimble in 2018 was an instant classic. A great match-up that Trimble won with under 20 seconds left.

In this match-up, Lucas wins v Cuyahoga Heights in a route. The Cubs run for 250+ yards, minimum. Lucas 34, CH 13

I also agree with McDonald matching up well with Lucas. That was a fast, hard-hitting McDonald squad. I was super impressed.
2019 Lucas....not 2018...?

I was just pointing out that the hypothetical matchup was involving the 2019 Lucas team....not the 2018 one...
Valid. Even though I believe that the '18 team was better than the '19 team, either team beats '18 CH by 2/3 TDs.

2018 Lucas 20
2019 Lucas 14
In a tight matchup, Jeb Grover would have been the ever-so-slight difference.

Last edited:
Valid. Even though I believe that the '18 team was better than the '19 team, either team beats '18 CH by 2/3 TDs.

2018 Lucas 20
2019 Lucas 14
Maybe he's saving that 2018 team for a different matchup? Would make the same argument for CH - the 2017 team was umm, pretty good..

That CH game should've been a lot worse actually, left a few scores off the board. That was one of the most dominating semi final games I've seen ever. 2nd to the NSP beat down we got 4 years prior.

2018 Lucas 20
2019 Lucas 14
Our '19 team was so unbelievablely good. It sucks we got hosed with regions and landed in R21. The damage we could've done had we been D7 will always be a mystery and talked about here in Glouster.

That CH game should've been a lot worse actually, left a few scores off the board. That was one of the most dominating semi final games I've seen ever. 2nd to the NSP beat down we got 4 years prior.
My point exactly.

Sooooo....... Who ya got? 2018 Cuyahoga Heights or 2019 Lucas?

2018 Lucas 20
2019 Lucas 14
2019 Lucas was the better "team" than 2018. 2018 had the "Jeb" complex where other players didn't always step up because they figured Jeb would save the day. 2019 had so many kids step up at different times throughout that run.

2019 Lucas beats Cuyahoga Hts. Might have been a last minute game, because so many were, but that team won close games.

2019 had so many kids step up at different times throughout that run.

That team won close games.
True.

True. They were a team of destiny.

Also, as far as D7 goes, they gave Local the closest championship game
they've ever had to play (unless I'm forgetting something).

Last edited:
True.

True.

They were a team of destiny. Also, as far as D7 goes, they gave Local the closest championship game
they've ever had to play (unless I'm forgetting something).
Yes they gave ML the closest D7 game. Only Lucas and NC have managed to score anything also.

Great point. I never realized that.

So, Local will likely be D6 this coming season?
We'll see where they put the cutoff. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part that they'll be D6. I do want to add that Dalton, even though they got shutout, had a very impressive offense. Minster was the only one in D7 that could move the ball on ML like that. I recall Dalton getting into ML territory 3 times. The first drive was on a big pass play. The other two drives were more impressive. The one in the 2nd quarter I believe, before the pick 6 and another impressive drive in the 3rd quarter. I think Dalton was capable of scoring 3 times in that game. The trouble against Marion's defense is in order to score, you really have to work for it. Even when you get a big play, the defense is so fast, they run you down before you can score. At some point in the drive, they'll make you pay.