D7 R25 2023

I show something like 156 students grades 9-12. Maximum grade tuition is $9150/year?

Assuming all 156 pay the max $9150/year (which we know isn't the case) = $1,427,400 Gross Revenue from Tuition.

From what I was able to research, I show 23 classroom teachers on staff. Does not include Administrators, Maintenance/Janitorial, Tech Staff, Coaches, etc.....

If you broke down the salaries of the Faculty, the upkeep and maintenance costs of the buildings, utilities, facility costs of athletics, and insurances etc.....I can guarantee it costs significantly more than $1.4 million to operate that school annually. I'm positive I'm missing revenue, but I'm also positive I'm missing expenses. The numbers just don't add up to it operating independently at a net profit/zero. Has to be a loss, UNLESS, there is significant endowment (you already told me the Diocese don't support it, so I can't imagine they're flooding JFK with money) or donors ALA a Lebron James Foundation etc....and TBH, if its the donor route, at some point that's going to go away no? Is JFK still getting Covelli money?
2023-2024 Tuition, Fees & Re-Enrollment Paperwork

Kennedy Family Discount

2 Children = 5% off of Total Tuition
3 Children = 10% off of Total Tuition
4 Children = 15% off of Total Tuition

Tuition Rate: Parishioner Credit: International Student Tuition Rate:

K-6 $6,350.00 K-8 ($2,000.00) All Grade Levels $11,800.00
7-8 $6,650.00 9-12 ($1,050.00)
9-12 $9,350.00

Tuition Assistance Fund:
During the 2022-2023 school year, the Kennedy Family was able to distribute over $183,000 to K-12 families with a demonstrated financial need; 100% of expressed need was met. The percentage of need we are able to meet would not be possible without the generous, annual gifts from families and organizations to our Tuition Assistance Fund. We want to thank the following families and foundations for their generosity.

Thank You
Albert M. Covelli Family Scholarship
Albert M. Covelli Foundation
Goal Liners, Inc.
Eagle Goaltenders
Albert and Elsie Guarnieri Memorial Endowed Education Fund
Lewis L. Guarnieri Memorial Endowed Education Fund
Monsignor Sylvester Hladky Memorial Foundation
Louise H. Keating Memorial Scholarship
Robert S. and Mary Ann Kaminski Family Foundation
John F. Kennedy Catholic School Home & School
Sam and Mary Pipino Trust Scholarship
Donald "Pompee" Pompelia Memorial Scholarship
Eugene E. Rossi Memorial Scholarship
Tony Napolet Scholarship Fund
John Rozzo Memorial Scholarship
Genevieve K. Ryan Scholarship

Schulz Trust Scholarship
The I.J. Van Huffel Foundation Scholarship
Dr. Thomas E. Wilson Scholarship Fund
Mary Ellen Cushwa Wolsonovich Scholarship
Youngstown Diocesan Confederation of Teachers
St. Mary's Parish - Warren
Blessed Sacrament Parish
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Basilica

Biggest JFK Fundraiser every year: Just For Kicks Auction makes $300,000.00
Cafaro just donated $400,000.00

Last edited:
I truly believe Lucas wins. By 9, IDK. Lucas will be undersized on the line of scrimmage. CF is big. If the hogs on their side stiffen their backs up, we may be in trouble. The coaching change will matter, but this is a backyard rivalry. The CF kids will have extra motivation, at home, vs a smaller rival they are "supposed" to beat.
You spotted the Colts 9 with “best since 18-19” chatter. LMAOOOO HYPE TRAIN! Already a dead body on the tracks

Parochial Finance/ Front yard cow butchering > STD’s

You spotted the Colts 9 with “best since 18-19” chatter. LMAOOOO HYPE TRAIN! Already a dead body on the tracks

Parochial Finance/ Front yard cow butchering > STD’s
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My week 1 predictions:

Kirtland 34, Dalton 13
South Range 38, New Middletown Springfield 20
Lucas 21, Clear Fork 12
Toronto 42, East Canton 21
Huron 35, Norwalk St. Paul 18
Hillsdale 34, Black River 7
Danville 28, Worthington Christian 21
Champion 20, JFK 6
Southern 28, McDonald 27

Could be a push....
As could NSP v Huron.

Last edited:
I show something like 156 students grades 9-12. Maximum grade tuition is $9150/year?

Assuming all 156 pay the max $9150/year (which we know isn't the case) = $1,427,400 Gross Revenue from Tuition.

From what I was able to research, I show 23 classroom teachers on staff. Does not include Administrators, Maintenance/Janitorial, Tech Staff, Coaches, etc.....

If you broke down the salaries of the Faculty, the upkeep and maintenance costs of the buildings, utilities, facility costs of athletics, and insurances etc.....I can guarantee it costs significantly more than $1.4 million to operate that school annually. I'm positive I'm missing revenue, but I'm also positive I'm missing expenses. The numbers just don't add up to it operating independently at a net profit/zero. Has to be a loss, UNLESS, there is significant endowment (you already told me the Diocese don't support it, so I can't imagine they're flooding JFK with money) or donors ALA a Lebron James Foundation etc....and TBH, if its the donor route, at some point that's going to go away no? Is JFK still getting Covelli money?
Others mentioned this, but JFK’s Upper School accrues enrollment across seven different grade levels. 9-12; 6-7-8

The 9-12 enrollment for '22-23 was 172. The 6-8 enrollment was 140. 312 in the Upper School.

1692204182776.png

'Teacher' does not automatically equal "full-time." I doubt they have to pay for tech staff, and I'm going to presume they pay their paid coaches minor low 4-figure stipends -- that or some coaches have their pay rebated in the form of tuition credit for their child. I don't have enough time, or interest, to discern how much of the listed faculty for the Upper School serve the HS portion nor what they could reasonably be paid in salary, only to say that your figure for "23 classroom teachers on staff" for a school that "has 156 students" is definitely not realistic... and is probably not the case that they have that high of a teacher to student ratio.

Facility cost of athletics is most likely paid for by a concurrent organizational body to the school, such as an Athletic Association. That, or ticket revenue covers the cost of renting football stadiums.

Endowments and foundations can be flush with cash and/or commitments (pledges, gifts in perpetuity etc.) It may be that some of the operating budget could be covered with endowment/foundation cash, but it's unknown what the rules are for those accounts (whether they're supposed to cover a difference, what exactly the purpose is that they serve. Different schools across different Dioceses have different rules on what they can be used for.)

It's not as bleak as you think it is.

2023-2024 Tuition, Fees & Re-Enrollment Paperwork

Kennedy Family Discount

2 Children = 5% off of Total Tuition
3 Children = 10% off of Total Tuition
4 Children = 15% off of Total Tuition

Tuition Rate: Parishioner Credit: International Student Tuition Rate:

K-6 $6,350.00 K-8 ($2,000.00) All Grade Levels $11,800.00
7-8 $6,650.00 9-12 ($1,050.00)
9-12 $9,350.00

Tuition Assistance Fund:
During the 2022-2023 school year, the Kennedy Family was able to distribute over $183,000 to K-12 families with a demonstrated financial need; 100% of expressed need was met. The percentage of need we are able to meet would not be possible without the generous, annual gifts from families and organizations to our Tuition Assistance Fund. We want to thank the following families and foundations for their generosity.

Thank You
Albert M. Covelli Family Scholarship
Albert M. Covelli Foundation
Goal Liners, Inc.
Eagle Goaltenders
Albert and Elsie Guarnieri Memorial Endowed Education Fund
Lewis L. Guarnieri Memorial Endowed Education Fund
Monsignor Sylvester Hladky Memorial Foundation
Louise H. Keating Memorial Scholarship
Robert S. and Mary Ann Kaminski Family Foundation
John F. Kennedy Catholic School Home & School
Sam and Mary Pipino Trust Scholarship
Donald "Pompee" Pompelia Memorial Scholarship
Eugene E. Rossi Memorial Scholarship
Tony Napolet Scholarship Fund
John Rozzo Memorial Scholarship
Genevieve K. Ryan Scholarship

Schulz Trust Scholarship
The I.J. Van Huffel Foundation Scholarship
Dr. Thomas E. Wilson Scholarship Fund
Mary Ellen Cushwa Wolsonovich Scholarship
Youngstown Diocesan Confederation of Teachers
St. Mary's Parish - Warren
Blessed Sacrament Parish
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Basilica

Biggest JFK Fundraiser every year: Just For Kicks Auction makes $300,000.00
Cafaro just donated $400,000.00
Awesome info Temp. Those funds are used to meet tuition costs though right? As I said previously, it would seem as though tuition isn't enough to cover all the expenses to operating a school.

That said, the first name on the list (among others) of "Thank Yous" is probably providing additional funding to the school, not just tuition/assistance. Just wonder if that's a sustainable plan going forward...

Others mentioned this, but JFK’s Upper School accrues enrollment across seven different grade levels. 9-12; 6-7-8

The 9-12 enrollment for '22-23 was 172. The 6-8 enrollment was 140. 312 in the Upper School.

View attachment 44873

'Teacher' does not automatically equal "full-time." I doubt they have to pay for tech staff, and I'm going to presume they pay their paid coaches minor low 4-figure stipends -- that or some coaches have their pay rebated in the form of tuition credit for their child. I don't have enough time, or interest, to discern how much of the listed faculty for the Upper School serve the HS portion nor what they could reasonably be paid in salary, only to say that your figure for "23 classroom teachers on staff" for a school that "has 156 students" is definitely not realistic... and is probably not the case that they have that high of a teacher to student ratio.

Facility cost of athletics is most likely paid for by a concurrent organizational body to the school, such as an Athletic Association. That, or ticket revenue covers the cost of renting football stadiums.

Endowments and foundations can be flush with cash and/or commitments (pledges, gifts in perpetuity etc.) It may be that some of the operating budget could be covered with endowment/foundation cash, but it's unknown what the rules are for those accounts (whether they're supposed to cover a difference, what exactly the purpose is that they serve. Different schools across different Dioceses have different rules on what they can be used for.)

It's not as bleak as you think it is.
Agree - I don't think it's bleak necessarily. I was only making the point that breaking off from the Diocese and operating independently ala Hoban/St V as someone previously mentioned is not super likely.

I do think you short change the expenses though. I guarantee they have a technology person on staff, computers liter these schools now, everything is digital. I've been fortunate enough to be on facility committees for schools and had involvement in new school and atheltic facility build projects so I've been able to see cost/expense reports for some schools. It's a way bigger number to operate a school than you would think.....and these were public schools getting public funds to operate....

And some of the info I got on the school was from USNews.com which I believe pulls their reporting from public records. Which is where I got the 23 classroom teachers. It shows the ratio is 14 students to 1 teacher. Which is probably not abnormal for a 160ish kids in grades 9-12. Although I do suppose it's possible the 23 teachers could include grades 6-8 as well since it's in the same building, though that doesn't seem like enough teachers then?

Parochial Finance
Explaining parochial school finance to public school folks can be tough, because they are largely such different animals. It's like comparing gorillas to orangutans. Even with the obvious pure differences of revenue flow (tuition versus taxes), they operate on much different financial outlooks upon different financial frameworks.

Different strategies, different planning mechanisms... and really a big one is the difference between being able to only operate on deficit for less than a year (then you recalibrate tuition, reorganize your overhead) versus being able to operate for a little bit longer on general deficit with the long-term financing mechanisms that makes it possible. It's almost impossible to really budget out a parochial high school for 3-5 years down the line... you can have a 'PLAN', but that plan has limits and forecasting can be troublesome at times because you don't know if 'X' economic event, 'Y' public health emergency or 'Z' incident results in students withdrawing from the school.

Casual understands the general gridwork of public school financing, where that money goes and the division of funds attributed to faculty (salary + benefits) versus the Property, Plant and Equipment. Probably better than most of us. He asks good questions on how parochial works. It's just extending what those differences are that exist, how they exist and how its OK for them to exist, takes some time. (Also, the only way anyone's going to really understand how both systems work and function, absent working/service experience in both systems, is to recognize they're both holistic processes on different timetables and functions.)

I think there is very large differences in the Hobans and St. Vs of the world versus the JFKs of the world though. Mainly being enrollment. JFK is a very very small school, and it's headed in the wrong direction in terms of enrollment. It would be really tough for them to split from the Diocese and survive - they probably operate at a net loss right now as it is if I had to guess.
K-12 total enrollment at Warren JFK is reportedly up roughly 100 kids this year according to the numbers.

Explaining parochial school finance to public school folks can be tough, because they are largely such different animals. It's like comparing gorillas to orangutans. Even with the obvious pure differences of revenue flow (tuition versus taxes), they operate on much different financial outlooks upon different financial frameworks.

Different strategies, different planning mechanisms... and really a big one is the difference between being able to only operate on deficit for less than a year (then you recalibrate tuition, reorganize your overhead) versus being able to operate for a little bit longer on general deficit with the long-term financing mechanisms that makes it possible. It's almost impossible to really budget out a parochial high school for 3-5 years down the line... you can have a 'PLAN', but that plan has limits and forecasting can be troublesome at times because you don't know if 'X' economic event, 'Y' public health emergency or 'Z' incident results in students withdrawing from the school.

Casual understands the general gridwork of public school financing, where that money goes and the division of funds attributed to faculty (salary + benefits) versus the Property, Plant and Equipment. Probably better than most of us. He asks good questions on how parochial works. It's just extending what those differences are that exist, how they exist and how its OK for them to exist, takes some time. (Also, the only way anyone's going to really understand how both systems work and function, absent working/service experience in both systems, is to recognize they're both holistic processes on different timetables and functions.)
All I know is public or parochial - the costs of education are exuberant. Not to go endlessly down the road for the umpteenth time (so this is all I'll say about it) - there is no one who can logically justify the financial responsibility of operating a school (9-12) with less than 200 kids enrolled in it. It is the basis of why funding for education in Ohio (and many other parts of our country) is an absolute mess. As much as I love our thread chocked full of D7 supporters...there is no responsible financial way that a school should exist with this little enrollment. I love me some Dalton Football - but it should absolutely be closed, and merged with at least 1 other district. Can't justify having public schools with 150 kids enrolled and all the operating costs associated. You'll be very hard pressed to find a school Superintendent making less than $120k/year, and many of them make much more than that.

It's funny too because that idea, of merging schools, also solves the competitive balance issues with Parochials. I bet if you combined say, Dalton, Orrville, and Smithville - you could probably build yourself some really great athletics between that pool of athletes. Just saying... 🤷‍♂️

I do think you short change the expenses though. I guarantee they have a technology person on staff, computers liter these schools now, everything is digital. I've been fortunate enough to be on facility committees for schools and had involvement in new school and atheltic facility build projects so I've been able to see cost/expense reports for some schools. It's a way bigger number to operate a school than you would think.....and these were public schools getting public funds to operate....
If they have a technology person on staff, it's doubtful that person is a fulltime IT (however generous that broad term can extend to in-person work at schools) or fulltime technology person. It could be someone that teaches part-time and carries the added mantle of fixing a computer. But they most likely do not have a fulltime technology person. Such a person does not teach. If somehow they do, it's probably some low ball salary at in the 24-26k range. That can be dispersed easily across all payers and complementary funding sources. But, again, I doubt they have one.

So, I also have experience on committee relating to facilities. At a school similar to JFK.

The big thing here is schools like JFK aren't looking to build a new school. They may not even have the interest, want or need to build an appendage or new wing -- unless they have some some donor who is willing to finance the lion's share of it. Usually school facility matters at places like JFK and their statewide peers, from my experience at mine and knowing administrators at others, consist of "fix the roof, we'll be making changes to HVAC." Costly, yes, but not really annual expenses and the cost sum of those improvements year-over-year and upfront is donuts to dollars what public schools are tasked with trying to do.

Athletic facility build projects, matters pertaining to athletic facilities on-campus: so, to an extent this is largely moot for parochials like JFK. The reason why I say that is most parochials are not looking to build on-campus facilities like football stadiums. The cost-benefit analysis of renting doesn't just make better financial sense (as counterintuitive as that sounds) ... but it's also the fact of the matter that finite amounts of land and capital to work with do not provide for the ability to make an on-campus facility of a high-enough quality to make the investment worthwhile. Squeeze isn't worth the juice. Some of my sister schools in the Diocese of Columbus have tried to do this: they aren't that great of facilities. Topical to Region 25: Tuscarawas Central Catholic is one of them. It's cheeks.

If you want to improve an already existing athletic facility, you would be best-served to find a top donor who you know has a good accountant to get the financing. My school just got a beautiful new gymnasium floor this way. That doesn't always happen, obviously, and being complacent with what you have facility-wise is institutional to us parochial folk. Even if you have the amount of money put together to get a BIG project like a football facility built, the school cannot just say "oh that sounds like a good idea, I'll grab a shovel." The Catholic Church loves to be bureaucratic and picky. Any modification to a school in my Diocese (even the simplest imaginable) has to be greenlighted from way-up-above. I presume the DoY also has this policy. Any time you have a ballpark figure of capital toward a project where an 'M' is close to a $, as night follows day the Diocese is going to throw a flag and say "wouldn't it be nice if that went to the Church instead? UwU"
And some of the info I got on the school was from USNews.com which I believe pulls their reporting from public records. Which is where I got the 23 classroom teachers. It shows the ratio is 14 students to 1 teacher. Which is probably not abnormal for a 160ish kids in grades 9-12. Although I do suppose it's possible the 23 teachers could include grades 6-8 as well since it's in the same building, though that doesn't seem like enough teachers then?
USNews may not be the most reliable source for this matter, but I digress.

14:1 is more realistic than 6.5:1. Remember that for parochial Catholic schools, the formula of teachers is always going to be "'x' + 1." You don't need art teachers, but you will always have a religion teacher.

If they have a technology person on staff, it's doubtful that person is a fulltime IT (however generous that broad term can extend to in-person work at schools) or fulltime technology person. It could be someone that teaches part-time and carries the added mantle of fixing a computer. But they most likely do not have a fulltime technology person. Such a person does not teach. If somehow they do, it's probably some low ball salary at in the 24-26k range. That can be dispersed easily across all payers and complementary funding sources. But, again, I doubt they have one.

So, I also have experience on committee relating to facilities. At a school similar to JFK.

The big thing here is schools like JFK aren't looking to build a new school. They may not even have the interest, want or need to build an appendage or new wing -- unless they have some some donor who is willing to finance the lion's share of it. Usually school facility matters at places like JFK and their statewide peers, from my experience at mine and knowing administrators at others, consist of "fix the roof, we'll be making changes to HVAC." Costly, yes, but not really annual expenses and the cost sum of those improvements year-over-year and upfront is donuts to dollars what public schools are tasked with trying to do.

Athletic facility build projects, matters pertaining to athletic facilities on-campus: so, to an extent this is largely moot for parochials like JFK. The reason why I say that is most parochials are not looking to build on-campus facilities like football stadiums. The cost-benefit analysis of renting doesn't just make better financial sense (as counterintuitive as that sounds) ... but it's also the fact of the matter that finite amounts of land and capital to work with do not provide for the ability to make an on-campus facility of a high-enough quality to make the investment worthwhile. Squeeze isn't worth the juice. Some of my sister schools in the Diocese of Columbus have tried to do this: they aren't that great of facilities. Topical to Region 25: Tuscarawas Central Catholic is one of them. It's cheeks.

If you want to improve an already existing athletic facility, you would be best-served to find a top donor who you know has a good accountant to get the financing. My school just got a beautiful new gymnasium floor this way. That doesn't always happen, obviously, and being complacent with what you have facility-wise is institutional to us parochial folk. Even if you have the amount of money put together to get a BIG project like a football facility built, the school cannot just say "oh that sounds like a good idea, I'll grab a shovel." The Catholic Church loves to be bureaucratic and picky. Any modification to a school in my Diocese (even the simplest imaginable) has to be greenlighted from way-up-above. I presume the DoY also has this policy. Any time you have a ballpark figure of capital toward a project where an 'M' is close to a $, as night follows day the Diocese is going to throw a flag and say "wouldn't it be nice if that went to the Church instead? UwU"

USNews may not be the most reliable source for this matter, but I digress.

14:1 is more realistic than 6.5:1. Remember that for parochial Catholic schools, the formula of teachers is always going to be "'x' + 1." You don't need art teachers, but you will always have a religion teacher.
@The Dock aka Ye Ole Wise One. Great stuff sir.
Brad Pitt Oscars GIF by PBS SoCal

Regional Champs again.
I believe we would have lost our WR to Ursuline and our Sam/RB to Lakeview. That's all would have left in my estimation.
D Taylor is a physical specimen, he could start both ways for Ursuline as WR/DB. And I believe he will play both ways at the U. Easton at Lakeview will be a monster on both sides of the ball. Ask Howland how he ran during the scrimmage against them. Young man could of had 300 yards rushing if it were a real game.
Most Jr high teams can run for 300 on Howland so I need more😂

Kennedy looks like a struggling team. Oh well. We'll be back. I just hope as a Warren native Harding can make some noise. Tough schedule.

I believe their case was later mirrored by the former Bellaire St. John Central — where the Diocese of Steubenville pulled the plug on the school but local benefactors resurrected it as a small-scale operation. cc: @Baron Von Steuben
BSJ supporters had a plan in place with folks willing to put their $ where there mouth was.

Right now very few varsity sports. Swimming, cross X and girls volleyball I believe. Basketball and pee wee wrestling in the lower grades.

No secret that the current Bishop of Steubenville would like to pull the plug on most, if not all Catholic schools in the diocese. The current financial scandal makes that politically untenable. For now.

SCC would be in the go it alone category worst case situation. I highly doubt that Steubie U would swoop in and turn it into a Franciscan run institution. They do have some deep pocket donors.

Awesome info Temp. Those funds are used to meet tuition costs though right? As I said previously, it would seem as though tuition isn't enough to cover all the expenses to operating a school.

That said, the first name on the list (among others) of "Thank Yous" is probably providing additional funding to the school, not just tuition/assistance. Just wonder if that's a sustainable plan going forward...
I'm a little late to this phase of the conversation, but...

...the bolded is true. For a very long time, tuition at my alma mater covered about 60-65% of the full cost of educating the student. The remainder would come from various fundraising efforts (ex. auction, style show, phone-a-thon, etc.), parish subsidies, and other activities like bingo. However, bingo revenue has fallen fairly steadily for nearly 20 years. The public smoking ban was a huge blow, and the crowds dwindled to the point that bingo went from 2 nights a week to 1. There are some parishes around here that used to have bingo 1 night a week but no longer have it at all because they were not making enough money on it to justify continuing with it. There are also other hidden fees. Taking an art class? Might have to pay a little extra to cover the cost of supplies. Graduating? Yup, there's a graduation fee. Going on senior retreat? Yup, there's a fee for that. School issued you a Chromebook? You're paying a little each year to rent it from the school, and at the end of 4 years, you can either give it back or make a 5th payment to own it. If the graduate chooses to keep it, the school collected enough in those 5 payments to replace that Chromebook.

There's also the fact that at many privates, the teachers' salary and benefits is not nearly as lucrative or generous as what the public school counterparts are getting, so there's less money needed there. The same is true for the support staff. I'm sure my school's maintenance man is woefully underpaid and underbenefitted vs. the same position at a comparable public HS. Private schools may also face less obstacles when it comes to using teachers on non-tax certificates. That's another place where some money may be saved on operations.

Last edited:
BSJ supporters had a plan in place with folks willing to put their $ where there mouth was.

Right now very few varsity sports. Swimming, cross X and girls volleyball I believe. Basketball and pee wee wrestling in the lower grades.

No secret that the current Bishop of Steubenville would like to pull the plug on most, if not all Catholic schools in the diocese. The current financial scandal makes that politically untenable. For now.

SCC would be in the go it alone category worst case situation. I highly doubt that Steubie U would swoop in and turn it into a Franciscan run institution. They do have some deep pocket donors.
I’m glad my Diocese told your Diocese “not our problem lol”, tbh.

edit: I have my facts wrong; I’m glad it got nixed by powers above.

A little late to this phase of the conversation.

That's true. For a very long time, tuition at my alma mater covered about 60-65% of the full cost of educating the student. The remainder would come from various fundraising efforts (ex. auction, style show, phone-a-thon, etc.), parish subsidies, and other activities like bingo. However, bingo revenue has fallen fairly steadily for nearly 20 years. The public smoking ban was a huge blow, and the crowds dwindled to the point that bingo went from 2 nights a week to 1. There are some parishes around here that used to have bingo 1 night a week but no longer have it because they were not making enough money on it to justify continuing with it. There are also other hidden fees. Taking an art class? Might have to pay a little extra to cover the cost of supplies. Graduating? Yup, there's a graduation fee. Going on senior retreat? Yup, there's a fee for that. School issued you a Chromebook? You're paying a little each year to rent it from the school, and at the end of 4 years, you can either give it back or pay a little extra to own it.
Playing sports? There’s a fee/compulsory fundraiser for that.

Playing sports? There’s a fee/compulsory fundraiser for that.
Depends where you are and may also depend on the sport and the equipment. I remember when my place added lacrosse, the kids were on the hook for a few hundred bucks to pay for some of their equipment. I think the cheerleaders have to shell out a lot of money for their gear. For sports like track and cross country, we had our vendors provide the kids with a couple choices in style of shorts, but they pay for them and can keep them. Made all the sense in the world to do and not sure why we didn't do it sooner. Saved the school some money, less stuff to collect at the end of the season, and what kid really wants a pair of running shorts that someone else wore last year?

I’m glad my Diocese told your Diocese “not our problem lol”, tbh.

edit: I have my facts wrong; I’m glad it got nixed by powers above.
No one here wanted a merger. Obvious that it was a way to make the financial irregularities go away.

Secondly, our area has a deep distrust of all things Columbus, excepting Ohio State football. The AG's Office finds this out every time they have some type of legal proceeding in Jefferson County.

No one here wanted a merger. Obvious that it was a way to make the financial irregularities go away.

Secondly, our area has a deep distrust of all things Columbus, excepting Ohio State football. The AG's Office finds this out every time they have some type of legal proceeding in Jefferson County.
Ironton St Joe would be too hungry of a mouth to feed for the DoC.

Little excerpt below. While everyone in their previews notes how hard they work, still seems like this group has put in the work to turn the ship around.

“McDONALD — McDonald High senior Zach Shobel grew up watching the Blue Devils win league championships and post undefeated seasons.

Shobel is well aware of the program’s rich history, which includes 32 league championships, 15 unbeaten seasons, 18 playoff appearances and a pair of trips to the state finals.

Shobel also is very aware of the fact that he and his teammates are on the wrong side of history.

“We didn’t have to be told during the offseason to get in the weight room and put in the work,” Shobel said. “Everyone all through the ranks wanted to get in there, they wanted to work hard. There wasn’t any joking around. It was all business and that’s how we all wanted it to be.”

The added determination from Shobel and his teammates stems from the fact that McDonald is coming off back-to-back losing seasons for the first time since 1975-76.”

Just curious, does the DoY own the JFK building? Or does JFK (somehow) own it themselves? Any idea how much it’s worth?

Only asking these questions because the two addresses linked to JFK don’t ping on the Trumbull County Auditor’s website, and when I search by owner “Diocese” it only spits to a parcel in Liberty Twp (in Mahoning County 🥴.)
I have the link in my post. Search the street name and scroll way down.

it’s owned by the Bishop.

What it’s worth? Nothing. Because there’s no buyer for a 50 year old school on the wrong side of town