D7 R25 2023

I gotta good topic for everyone. What was your team's most heartbreaking loss? It can be regular season or playoffs. Mine is 2019 Springfield . We was in it with Springfield but couldn't put it away, to say I was crushed was an understatement. We had the talent to win it all that year imo.
#1. 2017 Dalton v Heights in Regional Finals. Up 6 - don't remember how much time left, maybe about a minute and a half left in the game WITH THE BALL. Hand the rock to our bellcow RB who had 36 carries for 181 and 3 TDs on the game, who hadn't fumbled a single time all season. Fumble. Heights immediately hits on a deep ball to their Stud WR Drummund (Eastern Michigan) who finished the game with 11 catches for 215 yards and 3 TDs. They punch it in, hit the XP. Ballgame. I was physically ill.

#2. 2021 Dalton v. JFK in Regional Finals. First 2 and a half quarters of this game, Dalton controlled the game, and got every single lucky bounce and break. 4th quarter, couldn't stop a jet sweep no matter how many times they ran it. Didn't take long for JFK to figure out that our QB had an injured wrist and couldn't throw to save our lives.....loss in OT. It stings....but not as bad as he Heights loss in 2017.

#1. 2017 Dalton v Heights in Regional Finals. Up 6 - don't remember how much time left, maybe about a minute and a half left in the game WITH THE BALL. Hand the rock to our bellcow RB who had 36 carries for 181 and 3 TDs on the game, who hadn't fumbled a single time all season. Fumble. Heights immediately hits on a deep ball to their Stud WR Drummund (Eastern Michigan) who finished the game with 11 catches for 215 yards and 3 TDs. They punch it in, hit the XP. Ballgame. I was physically ill.

#2. 2021 Dalton v. JFK in Regional Finals. First 2 and a half quarters of this game, Dalton controlled the game, and got every single lucky bounce and break. 4th quarter, couldn't stop a jet sweep no matter how many times they ran it. Didn't take long for JFK to figure out that our QB had an injured wrist and couldn't throw to save our lives.....loss in OT. It stings....but not as bad as he Heights loss in 2017.
The Heights game was such an emotional rollercoaster, I literally sat there in the feeezing cold and shed a tear when the clock struck 0:00. I felt so bad for the team, Coach Dial, and the whole community. The highs and lows in the last few minutes of that game were crazy. Worst sports-related emotional gut punch I’ve ever experienced, and I lived through The Drive and The Fumble.

The Heights game was such an emotional rollercoaster, I literally sat there in the feeezing cold and shed a tear when the clock struck 0:00. I felt so bad for the team, Coach Dial, and the whole community. The highs and lows in the last few minutes of that game were crazy. Worst sports-related emotional gut punch I’ve ever experienced, and I lived through The Drive and The Fumble.
I would just say “ditto” here.

Ouch. I've seen my fair share of 1-point losses, but that one is probably the worst I've read about.

Ouch. I've seen my fair share of 1-point losses, but that one is probably the worst I've read about.
When I say physically ill....I mean literally sick to my stomach. We had very little expectations going into that season, knew we had some nice players, but really just had a nice complete team. Did not expect to be in the regional finals. Then....the excitement of that game, that finished 42-41 btw....it was crazy....then we get so close, down to the wire, with the ball in our hands - you could already feel the excitement in the stadium that we had won. We needed 1 more carry, then we could run the clock out and poof. Ball on the turf. You could literally tell we were going to lose as soon as our RB dropped the ball.

I would just say “ditto” here.
Was at that game. By the end it was so FLIPPING COLD I remember thinking "that fumble sucked, but there was no way CH was going to be able score ... oh you have got to be kidding me!?!?"

Watched CH-Minster in the finals. That game was nuts. 1st qtr was insane (2 INTs, one in end zone, both teams score TDs) and then it turned into a blowout for Minster.

Remember there being some talk about the Dalton-CH game being an "early" title game. CH had lost to Kirtland by 7, but scored almost as much on them as the Hornets had given up in the other 9 games. Dalton was basically scoring 30 as soon as they got off the bus.

Understand Bulldog fans probably won't care, but that 3 game run for CH (win a game they shouldn't, blow out a team in semis (Sorry Danville), then start great & just "lose it" in title game) is why I LOVE smaller school football. Those kind of things just don't seem to happen with the big boys. (or maybe they do and I just don't pay attention)

Orrville being 15 minutes from Massillon at a game played in Massillon, then Orrville loses their QB to Massillon

At the 1 hour 41 minute mark
An Orrville friend told me (before they wont their last title) that losing Zwick was their penance for that Coldwater game. Prior to that game they'd lost in the title game 3 times and several other times in the final four "It costs us a QB but we finally got one."

Same guy after the 2018 title: "Now we finally got a real one!"

I gotta good topic for everyone. What was your team's most heartbreaking loss? It can be regular season or playoffs. Mine is 2019 Springfield . We was in it with Springfield but couldn't put it away, to say I was crushed was an understatement. We had the talent to win it all that year imo.
2018 v Trimble. We could have been back to back state runner-ups. 😐

2013 put the Tomcats on the map, you can't not like that story!
As a Marion Local fan, I felt a little bad for Covington in 2013. Marion Local was very fortunate to get past them. It's pretty rare to see the Flyers defense get torched against the run like that. The Covington running back went on to rush for 3,829 yards at Ohio University. He was a beast.

As a Marion Local fan, I felt a little bad for Covington in 2013. Marion Local was very fortunate to get past them. It's pretty rare to see the Flyers defense get torched against the run like that. The Covington running back went on to rush for 3,829 yards at Ohio University. He was a beast.
Ouellette is one heck of a football player!

You know it's a great thread when MSML folk are chiming in, Ha!

You know it's a great thread when MSML folk are chiming in, Ha!
If you say a few certain things about the MAC, particularly historical, they show up in droves. They’ll give you the backup fullbacks blood type, shoe size, driving test score, and mothers maiden name. It’s actually pretty awesome because they can give details that make a story whole.

They circle this thread like hawks. They are always watching and I mean ALWAYS. But I’m always going to be R25!