D5 Region 17

I am really curious as to where Mooney-SR ends up. Boardman makes sense, but Ursuline-Canfield is almost certain to be there and austintown isn’t hosting any games. Campbell? Maybe in Trumbull county in Girard? Salem?

I am really curious as to where Mooney-SR ends up. Boardman makes sense, but Ursuline-Canfield is almost certain to be there and austintown isn’t hosting any games. Campbell? Maybe in Trumbull county in Girard? Salem?
Well we will have to see who really wants to bid, and host. But just for fun how about...
Ursuline vs Canfield at Niles
Mooney vs South Range at Boardman

Mooney ever win a D5 title? Enrollment drops = talent pool drops. 🤷‍♂️ I was pretty vocal about a .500 Mooney team (w/ that schedule) being a problem for D5 teams. I didn’t think the pushback was worth any excitement.
No, they just dropped to D5 in 2020 and only qualified that year because of Covid.

They have won in D1 (the equivalent in 1973 that is, AAA), D2 (80 & 82), D3 (87, 09 & 11) & D4 (04 & 06).

Boardman does make the most sense I guess but as you mentioned Ursuline-Canfield has to play somewhere. I thought they might not be playing on the same night now that OHSAA is going back to Friday & Saturday games, but I looked at the brackets on the OHSAA website and they show D1- D5 playing on Friday, D6 & 7 playing on Saturday.

Im sure Niles bid on games.

No, they just dropped to D5 in 2020 and only qualified that year because of Covid.

They have won in D1 (the equivalent in 1973 that is, AAA), D2 (80 & 82), D3 (87, 09 & 11) & D4 (04 & 06).

Boardman does make the most sense I guess but as you mentioned Ursuline-Canfield has to play somewhere. I thought they might not be playing on the same night now that OHSAA is going back to Friday & Saturday games, but I looked at the brackets on the OHSAA website and they show D1- D5 playing on Friday, D6 & 7 playing on Saturday.
D4 is also on Saturday. I was saying Niles would be a god venue, for Ursuline/Canfield.

D4 is also on Saturday. I was saying Niles would be a god venue, for Ursuline/Canfield.
Definitely wouldn’t be good, but may have to do. Though I think since Ursuline-Canfield is the D3 game and likely to draw a larger crowd they’ll put it in Boardman and make SR/Mooney drive up to Niles if need be.

You are correct. I swear I looked at it about an hour ago and it showed games on 11/11/22 for D4. Thank you sir. Still doesn't help the Mooney-SR and Canfield-Ursuline situation though.

Oh I’m sure they did but that’s pretty out of the way. But with Austintown not available might have to put a game there
Come on it isn't that far out if the way. Canfield is right down Rt 46, and Ursuline not that far from Niles either

I’d have to assume Mooney-SR will be at Boardman. It’s literally in-between the 2 schools. And both districts have several students from Boardman township.

Ursuline-Canfield would’ve been perfect at Fitch, but I assume they are out with home side being demo’d soon. So Niles it likely is.

Good thing is both sites have plenty of seating to easily hold whatever crowd shows up.

he’s talking beginning of season when many including me said Mooney wasn’t going to be good. They still aren’t good by Mooney standards. Because the standard at Mooney is state title contending teams. If this was a “standard” Mooney team, no one in this region touches them.
True, but most saw the improvement all season. Great job by the players and coaches

I’d have to assume Mooney-SR will be at Boardman. It’s literally in-between the 2 schools. And both districts have several students from Boardman township.

Ursuline-Canfield would’ve been perfect at Fitch, but I assume they are out with home side being demo’d soon. So Niles it likely is.

Good thing is both sites have plenty of seating to easily hold whatever crowd shows up.
Heard Canfield Vs. Ursuline will be at Poland. Guess we’ll see.

Put them both on Wkbn possibly

Since the two Greater Canfield teams are higher seeds against the Catholics, I say SR-Mooney@Canfield and Canfield-Ursuline@SR. Heh.

I'd much prefer Mooney-SR remain in Mahoning County. Niles is nice and all, but some bad recent memories there for playoff games. Then again, Mooney ain't Kirtland. And, yes, having grown up in the 80s, it still baffles my mind to say that.

I hope they do drop out of the OHSAA lol they’re like a academ school it’s not public shouldn’t be considered the same thing. That’s like asking kids that live in a little small farm communitys like most d5-d7 schools and walk onto their small highschool football team to compete with kids that have all been recruited. They literally get to pick there height weight etc
Agree, honestly they divide the public schools into 5-6 divisions and the private schools into 2 divisions. Yes there is advantage to private schools in football. It is a much bigger advantage for them in the basketball. It makes me mad that a top small school public team goes again a private school. They know they have slim chance to win. The OHSAA hasn’t done a thing to help the small school against this problem.

Since the two Greater Canfield teams are higher seeds against the Catholics, I say SR-Mooney@Canfield and Canfield-Ursuline@SR. Heh.
With South Range playing a game the same night, they won't host a playoff game Friday night. However, I wouldn't be surprised if South Range doesn't host the D VII Saturday game between Warren JFK and Southern.