D3 - Region 11. What to expect?

Don't take offense but this region is mediocre at best. other than Watterson whose best days are behind them there isn't one team left in this Region who has much has a State Runner up trophy in their trophy case . There is no History, Pedigree or playoff substance left in this Region.
nothing to get excited about at a Elite State Level. JMO ..........
Don't take offense but how much did the History, "Elite" Pedigree or trophies matter to Watterson, DeSales and Hartley last year?

Granville 36 Watterson 14
Granville 19 DeSales 12
London 24 Hartley 17

New season, new teams... good luck to all the "mediocre" teams as they battle for a Regional Championship. I guess we should all be thankful the Elite teams moved out of the Region...

Don't take offense but this region is mediocre at best. other than Watterson whose best days are behind them there isn't one team left in this Region who has much has a State Runner up trophy in their trophy case . There is no History, Pedigree or playoff substance left in this Region.
nothing to get excited about at a Elite State Level. JMO ..........
Actually, Athens, Jonathan Alder, Sheridan, Tri-Valley, Washington (Court House), and Whitehall all have been State Runner-ups. Not that it matters for 2022.

Don't take offense but how much did the History, "Elite" Pedigree or trophies matter to Watterson, DeSales and Hartley last year?

Granville 36 Watterson 14
Granville 19 DeSales 12
London 24 Hartley 17

New season, new teams... good luck to all the "mediocre" teams as they battle for a Regional Championship. I guess we should all be thankful the Elite teams moved out of the Region...
I said Eagles best days are behind them, Hartley drops to D4 and DeSales best days are behind them also IMO. Still doesn't change the fact of the 4 D3 Regions this one overall is probably #4 currently . Even if those 3 were in the Region it might move the needle to #3 over the SW Region.
With Intel coming to the Eastern edge of Central, Ohio i would assume it bodes well for the future of the Schools out that way in Enrollment and Athletics. Some of those Schools like BC and Granville may soon out grow D3 status.

It's July 13, 2022

IUDOGS: DIVISION III, REGION 11

Who's going to win Region 11 ??

What is your Top Eight like in Region 11 ??

01. Bellefontaine

02. Carroll Bloom - Carroll

03. Chillicothe

04. Circleville

05. Columbus Beechcroft

06. Columbus Bexley

07. Columbus Bishop Watterson

08. Columbus Centennial

09. Columbus Hamilton Township

10. Columbus Linden McKinley

11. Columbus South

12. Dresden Tri - Valley

13. Granville

14. Jackson

15. London

16. Marietta

17. New Concord John Glenn

18. Plain City Jonathan Alder

19. The Plain Athens

20. Thornville Sheridan

21. Washington CH Washington

22. Washington CH Miami Trace

23. Whitehall - Yearling

24. Zanesville

IUDOGS PICKS:

BLOOM - CARROLL to win Region 11

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT
(not in order)

1. Bloom Carroll

2. Granville

3. Jackson

4. Bellefontaine

5. Plain City Jonathan Alder

6. Thornville Sheridan

7. Columbus Bishop Watterson

8. London

:unsure: :cool: :) :p :banana:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:
I said Eagles best days are behind them, Hartley drops to D4 and DeSales best days are behind them also IMO. Still doesn't change the fact of the 4 D3 Regions this one overall is probably #4 currently . Even if those 3 were in the Region it might move the needle to #3 over the SW Region.
With Intel coming to the Eastern edge of Central, Ohio i would assume it bodes well for the future of the Schools out that way in Enrollment and Athletics. Some of those Schools like BC and Granville may soon out grow D3 status.
Why do you feel DeSales’ best days are behind them. They were a couple minutes away from a state championship less than 2 years ago.