D3 Region 11 Championship. Who wins? #5 Bloom Carroll vs #3 Bishop Watterson

Who wins?

• #5 Bloom Carroll

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • #3 Bishop Watterson

Votes: 33 66.0%

• Total voters
Bloom Carroll will win, 34-28
No way this score happens in my opinion. A friend who has a son on the team shared Watterson has only given up 2 run the entire season over 30 yards and no runs of 50 yards or more. If BC wins, it will be death by 1000 cuts -- 3 yards and a cloud of dust to score. Take way too much time to score 34!!!

Having watched Watterson play Jackson just last week I was very impressed with Watterson. The second half left a lot to be desired as their offense went stagnant but the qb can straight up sling it, the safety I believe #8 is as quick as a hiccup. Also can’t forget to mention the mountain of a young man that was #76 he played a huge factor and played well

Burreaux - don't forget #6 (MLB) all over field making big play after big play......

I was curious so went and looked up on digital scouts the playoff stats. I figured BC would have greatly outpaced Watty running but in playoffs BC has rushed 131 times for 588 yards (4.5 YPC). Watterson has rushed 81 times for 583 yards (7.2 YPC). I feel like watterson passes really well so this is interesting and i think an advantage is if BC shuts run down, Watty can switch to throw with ease. Not sure BC could do that.

Burreaux - don't forget #6 (MLB) all over field making big play after big play......

I was curious so went and looked up on digital scouts the playoff stats. I figured BC would have greatly outpaced Watty running but in playoffs BC has rushed 131 times for 588 yards (4.5 YPC). Watterson has rushed 81 times for 583 yards (7.2 YPC). I feel like watterson passes really well so this is interesting and i think an advantage is if BC shuts run down, Watty can switch to throw with ease. Not sure BC could do that.
Indeed he was a difference maker all night, the kicker is also a great player consistent touchbacks and made a huge fg in that second half

No way this score happens in my opinion. A friend who has a son on the team shared Watterson has only given up 2 run the entire season over 30 yards and no runs of 50 yards or more. If BC wins, it will be death by 1000 cuts -- 3 yards and a cloud of dust to score. Take way too much time to score 34!!!
Okay, then I'll change my prediction. Bloom Carroll wins, but they only need a couple points to do it. Final prediction: 2-0 BC

Honestly I think this is going to be a war. Conditions are going to be difficult.
The Air will be a little thinner with a Regional Title on the Line.
Special Teams and Discipline will Be critical. This is what it’s all about.
Good Luck to both teams.

BC is a running team. But little do people know they have an extraordinary talented WR group. Running works so good they never need to pass. But if BC does find a balance, i predict a big BC win.

BC is a running team. But little do people know they have an extraordinary talented WR group. Running works so good they never need to pass. But if BC does find a balance, i predict a big BC win.
The WR corps has raw talent. The QB has room to grow — plenty of upside to him. Right now, their passing toward the sticks (and beyond) still looks suspect. In the games I’ve seen there’s been a combination of timing issues + inaccuracy, but also drops. The cold weather will add to some difficulty airing it out when need be.

TBH it looks like a direct product of inexperience (young QB, haven’t had to throw much) and general atrophy.

BC with the upset. This game was action packed all night. BC continued to ground and pound the football. BW pass game looked almost unstoppable to stop. Came down to the last min.

Watterson had as close to a home game as you could get and the Bulldogs never wavered and got the W!! One heck of a game.

This was a tough one! Man, Watty had this game too. typical Watterson- come out flat then figure most things out. BC line was as advertised -- huge! Watterson struggled in the first half to figure out how to stop #7 as he ran all over watty. Second half they bottled him up and then BC went to #11 (6'3 225) to just pound. Even that was a struggle for BC though in second half. BC was nearly done twice as a 4th 10 PI (highly questionable if that ball was catchable) and a 3rd and 19 from their own 8 yard line chuck up and pray connected. I won't taker anything away from BC. tough group. Watty just made way to many penalties that killed momentum swings.

Watterson moved ball really well. Watterson passing was on point (especially in 2nd half) as they loaded box to stop #24 running well through first half. if not for #11 MLB for BC, watty might have ran for 300 yards. He made almost every tackle when holes were made away from him cleaning up for other BC defenders. Several different watterson receivers caught big passes and looked wide open as BC looked a little lost trying to cover 5 WR formation.

Congrats to BC. A lot of other upsets I saw so D3 final 4 wide open.

This was a tough one! Man, Watty had this game too. typical Watterson- come out flat then figure most things out. BC line was as advertised -- huge! Watterson struggled in the first half to figure out how to stop #7 as he ran all over watty. Second half they bottled him up and then BC went to #11 (6'3 225) to just pound. Even that was a struggle for BC though in second half. BC was nearly done twice as a 4th 10 PI (highly questionable if that ball was catchable) and a 3rd and 19 from their own 8 yard line chuck up and pray connected. I won't taker anything away from BC. tough group. Watty just made way to many penalties that killed momentum swings.

Watterson moved ball really well. Watterson passing was on point (especially in 2nd half) as they loaded box to stop #24 running well through first half. if not for #11 MLB for BC, watty might have ran for 300 yards. He made almost every tackle when holes were made away from him cleaning up for other BC defenders. Several different watterson receivers caught big passes and looked wide open as BC looked a little lost trying to cover 5 WR formation.

Congrats to BC. A lot of other upsets I saw so D3 final 4 wide open.
Remember that “catchable” doesn’t exist in HS. But, yes, that PI was aggravating to see get called.

Remember that “catchable” doesn’t exist in HS. But, yes, that PI was aggravating to see get called.
Fair enough.... I meant the ref should have held onto flag considering it wasn't catchable. I watched on tv so real time on field maybe looked different. Watty won a ton of down to wire games so I guess luck had to run out sometime. Great season and I like the young talent coming back for Watterson next year or two.....

Fair enough.... I meant the ref should have held onto flag considering it wasn't catchable. I watched on tv so real time on field maybe looked different. Watty won a ton of down to wire games so I guess luck had to run out sometime. Great season and I like the young talent coming back for Watterson next year or two.....
Good to see Watty deep in the playoffs, again.

Watched it on TV? Probably a good call. I heard the nine worst words you can possibly hear while in the concessions line at DeSales. ;)

“My mom will pick us up after the game.”

1669051686647.gif