D2 Liberty Benton district

falcon6766

The first 2 games in the district semi- finals between WBL teams were nuts. Van Wert beat St. Mary's 56-55 at the buzzer and Defiance defeated Shawnee 65-58 in a hard fought battle. Van Wert - Defiance in the finals. Who do you have winning? Should be a good one.

It's gonna be a good one. Van Wert could very well be undefeated. Their 7 losses were to:

@Defiance by 7
Wapak by 2
@marion Local by 2
@St Marys by 2
OG by 2
@coldwater by 2
Del St Johns by 3

Defiance doesn't seem to be playing at the level they were earlier in the year. The LCC loss was a head-scratcher. Thought earlier in the year that Defiance would be at the Regional, but I'd say this one is a toss up. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Cougs pull it off

I don't know if Defiance could play any worse or Van Wert any better, and they happened in the same game. There wasn't a single positive thing Defiance did in this game. It had one small run in the 2nd quarter to get within two possessions and that was it. I may get pushback on this but I don't consider it a successful season for Defiance. 20 wins was the only milestone. With 6 players that had somewhere around 20 letters earned between them over three/four seasons, and two 1,000-point scorers, there wasn't a single league or district title in four years. A good season perhaps, but still disappointing.

It's gonna be a good one. Van Wert could very well be undefeated. Their 7 losses were to:

@Defiance by 7
Wapak by 2
@marion Local by 2
@St Marys by 2
OG by 2
@coldwater by 2
Del St Johns by 3

Defiance doesn't seem to be playing at the level they were earlier in the year. The LCC loss was a head-scratcher. Thought earlier in the year that Defiance would be at the Regional, but I'd say this one is a toss up. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Cougs pull it off
Pratt for VW was the best overall player I had watched all year. Can score, shoot, rebound, handle the bball, just a complete all-around player. Really surprised VW lost to Wapak and Coldwater but that is bball, upsets like that happen.