D2 2022 Very Early Predictions

cjb5656

Congrats again to Winton Woods, the 2021 D2 state champs! Will they repeat in 2022?

My region predictions, assuming the regions remain the same:

R5 - Hoban
R6 - Avon
R7 - Massillon
R8 - Winton Woods

I’m hoping the topic will spur some discussion about what other teams might challenge in the different regions.

It’s not a bold prediction, but Toledo CC will be right there pushing Avon again. Highland, as well.

Hoban came back to the pack a little, but can someone knock them out in R5? Avon would appreciate it - haha

Can anyone shock Massillon again this time?

Can Anderson or Kings win R8? I expect LaSalle to be in the mix, of course.

Ross' skilled positions will be on par with anyone in 6. Losing 6'7 295 DI prospect and 6'3 340 will hurt, though. Plus, I would love the Little Giants develop an attitude, especially on Defense.

Can Anderson or Kings win R8?

This year looked like the best opportunity yet and Kings was bounced right away by Winton Woods and Anderson was crushed by a downish La Salle team. They need to be much stronger up front and throughout the roster.

Senate League should come down to Glenville vs. Rhodes. Rhodes Most likely will be that 8/9 seed unless they beat Gilmour or Glenville. If they beat both they might be a top 6 seed.

Last edited:
I’m hoping the topic will spur some discussion about what other teams might challenge in the different regions.

It’s not a bold prediction, but Toledo CC will be right there pushing Avon again. Highland, as well.

Hoban came back to the pack a little, but can someone knock them out in R5? Avon would appreciate it - haha

Can anyone shock Massillon again this time?

I really think this would be the year for TCC. Week 2 vs Bene they looked really good and only improved as the year went on. I think they are returning a good chunk of their starters from last year, is that true? If it is, I could easily see them win their region, maybe more

With Winton Woods and LaSalle there the answer is no. They'll have really good teams, and maybe better than one of the two in a given year but not both!

I think LaSalle takes a step backwards.
What makes you think that?
Hoban is now battling with a resurgent St Vincent and Walsh Jesuit for athletes. what is the parochial geography as far as competition in attracting players/students in LaSalle area? Just curious

Last edited:
I really think this would be the year for TCC. Week 2 vs Bene they looked really good and only improved as the year went on. I think they are returning a good chunk of their starters from last year, is that true? If it is, I could easily see them win their region, maybe more
TCC was very young last year. They will return their QB and several RB's (two got hurt) and many others.