D1 state duals final eight - 2/10 at St. Edward

Seems like a pretty clear cut Perry/Ed’s finals, i don’t see either of these teams being majorly contested before then
The final score won't be close, but there will be a lot of really good matches in the Massillon Perry/Eds match. I'd put the over/under at match wins for Massillon Perry at 3.5

Individual matches and team placement predictions below.

Perry has an excellent team but Ed's is just a little better in almost every weight.

Individual matches and team placement predictions below.

Perry has an excellent team but Ed's is just a little better in almost every weight.

It's unfortunate for Perry as this is probably their 2nd best team of all time, going up against arguably one of St Ed's most dominant teams since the 90s. I wonder how long St Eds will be able to keep this streak if they win it this year

It's unfortunate for Perry as this is probably their 2nd best team of all time, going up against arguably one of St Ed's most dominant teams since the 90s. I wonder how long St Eds will be able to keep this streak if they win it this year
I do think Eds/MP will be a tight bout. Any head-to-head predictions will be nice by those who wanna take a stab. I know maybe half of MP's roster.

For sure, I'd say this team is comparable to MP's 2004 and 2014 teams.

I do think Eds/MP will be a tight bout. Any head-to-head predictions will be nice by those who wanna take a stab. I know maybe half of MP's roster.

scroll to the bottom

This is a very good St. Edward team. However, it is not (in my opinion) the St. Edward team that took Blair to the wire in 2012, nor is it the team that won it all in 2007 and was close the two preceding years.

The 2014 Massillon Perry team ended the season ranked 7th nationally (this team is going to end up around 15th). That was the state title team, and the best team they've had. You look at this year's team, they're solid everywhere, but outside of Fockler they just don't have a nationally ranked wrestler (I'm using the MatScouts top 20). The 2014 team happened to have two wrestlers end the season in the InterMat top 20

This is a very good St. Edward team. However, it is not (in my opinion) the St. Edward team that took Blair to the wire in 2012, nor is it the team that won it all in 2007 and was close the two preceding years.

The 2014 Massillon Perry team ended the season ranked 7th nationally (this team is going to end up around 15th). That was the state title team, and the best team they've had. You look at this year's team, they're solid everywhere, but outside of Fockler they just don't have a nationally ranked wrestler (I'm using the MatScouts top 20). The 2014 team happened to have two wrestlers end the season in the InterMat top 20
Also if I remember correctly, didn't that 2014 Perry team have like 6 or 7 finalist?

Yes that bracket is a misprint...
*Check website for the actual start time.
9:00-9:30 AM Weigh-ins for all teams
10:00 AM Round I: Quarterfinals (4 total matches on 4 mats)
11:30 AM Round II: Championship Semifinals (Winners of Quarterfinal matches)
Consolation Semifinals (Losers of Quarterfinal matches)
1:00 PM Round III: Placement matches (4 matches on 4 mats)
Championship on Mat 1
3rd Place Match on Mat 2 (Losers of Championship Semifinals)
5th Place Match on Mat 3 (Winners of Consolation Semifinals)
7th Place Match on Mat 4 (Losers of Consolation Semifinals)
This is wrong.

This is wrong.
Yes, was copy and pasted directly from Baumspage and they still had last year's teams/schedule for this year when I did that. Was more to show they wrestle out as the poster stated it was lose and go home...that comment looks to have been deleted....

Bucks, I know it's early but do you think next year's Eagles team can be better than the current?

MP doesn't lose too much, Perrysburg is young.

Eds losses starters in K. Brown, Bennett, O'Brien and Slaper.

Bucks, I know it's early but do you think next year's Eagles team can be better than the current?

MP doesn't lose too much, Perrysburg is young.

Eds losses starters in K. Brown, Bennett, O'Brien and Slaper.
Yes, they will be. More than capable replacements are in the room.

Relative to on the bubble matches, a positive for MP is their culture/tradition. They will perform like they've been there before. Not their first rodeo.

The best St.Eds teams were from 05-08. They contended (top 3) for the national championship in each of those years. This years team is great, but they're still far from the best Ed's has ever been.
Wrong 1998-2000 Were Eds BEST teams. They took apart a LOADED Blair team undefeated won Ironman and Beast and had SeverAl nationally ranked wrestlers , including world team members and Fargo Champs / placers.