3. NA
4. GC
5. PN
6. UA
7. Dav
8. TW
9. Darby
10. no clue

My ranking? I believe there is a separation between the top 4 and the rest of the field. I realize there have been hiccups, but it's been a strange year.

1. Gahanna
2. PC
3. UA
4. PN
5. NA
6. GC
7. HD
8. TW
9. Darby
10. Bradley?

If I had to pick a team I’d go with Gahanna just bc of their offensive & defensive lines being the best in the region!
Where is Gahanna playing their home games? I see they have one home game left. Grove City week 9.

Where did they play PC?
Where did they play NA?

Where is Gahanna playing their home games? I see they have one home game left. Grove City week 9.

Where did they play PC?
Where did they play NA?
Gahanna played Pickerington Central at Thomas Worthington, New Albany at Whitehall, and Grove City at The Fortress.

So just asking why PC is still ranked so high in these opinions? Their conference opponents are currently #13, #14, #16, #17 and #18 with a combined record of 10-25 by far the weakest in the OCC. They lost their best player at the start of conference play and have no passing game. This is not the same old PC as the last 10 years. All schools have a down year unless you recruit. And no, PC does not recruit, good players want to play for good programs and the housing boom in Picktown has helped both.

Ohio division seems the toughest with the current standings. #1, #2, #3, #5 and #15 with PN having to play the top 3 to close out the season. PN's weakness is the OC and halftime adjustments as seen in both loses.

Gahanna is the best in the region currently but lacks offense against a well coached D. Still look for them to prevail.

GC is gaining momentum and has some young talent but will get bit early in the playoffs

NA can win if the run game is rolling and move the a couple of rounds

I think TW is a fraud and can get exposed early in the playoffs depending on matchup. This goes for PN as well

UA is the sleeper even though losing all that experience.

The next 3 weeks will tell a lot

Last edited:
UA just lost to Liberty, in an odd game. But PN took it to them up front.

I agree R3 is wide open- any of these teams can make a run or get bounced early. PC included- with their bad QB play and passing game. They should just play the frosh PN qb

Gahanna might be the slight fav to get out of the region. They found their stride with the running game and strong defense

So just asking why PC is still ranked so high in these opinions? Their conference opponents are currently #13, #14, #16, #17 and #18 with a combined record of 10-25 by far the weakest in the OCC. They lost their best player at the start of conference play and have no passing game. This is not the same old PC as the last 10 years. All schools have a down year unless you recruit. And no, PC does not recruit, good players want to play for good programs and the housing boom in Picktown has helped both.

Ohio division seems the toughest with the current standings. #1, #2, #3, #5 and #15 with PN having to play the top 3 to close out the season. PN's weakness is the OC and halftime adjustments as seen in both loses.

Gahanna is the best in the region currently but lacks offense against a well coached D. Still look for them to prevail.

GC is gaining momentum and has some young talent but will get bit early in the playoffs

NA can win if the run game is rolling and move the a couple of rounds

I think TW is a fraud and can get exposed early in the playoffs depending on matchup. This goes for PN as well

UA is the sleeper even though losing all that experience.

The next 3 weeks will tell a lot
The opinions are high for PC because they have only played a couple of those bottom tier teams you mentioned. Their schedule was front loaded with 2 of their 3 losses coming by 1 and 2 points. The combined record of the teams they lost to is 16-5. Their first 5 games were against teams who are now 25-11.
While it’s true they lost their top player, they got a defensive starter back after game 6 who had been out with an injury and they still have 41 more seniors along with a few juniors who have been waiting their turn.
Even after losing their returning starter RB before the season, Styles to OSU and Biles to an injury, they still have arguably the most talent in Region 3. They need to significantly reduce the penalties and they will be fine.

I think this region is wide open. It seems every team has some weaknesses that can be exploited. We will see if TW is a fraud tommorrow night. Marysville has offense but has given up a lot of points. Should be a shootout. PN will probably derail GC, but the Panthers will probably have a tough time stopping that NA run game.

There are no exceptional teams in Region 3 - and that is being kind... Are there any "star" players (Power 5 commits) in the Region? From what I've seen, Biles (Pitt commit) was the best D-I player in central Ohio.

Even though this year's PC team is way down (by their standards), I still consider them the favorites to win the region. Gahanna manhandled the Tigers in the trenches, but still only managed to win by 2 pts... I'd take PC to win if there's a rematch. Pick North is slightly more talented, but that advantage is offset by highly questionable coaching... If they lose in the 1st round it wouldn't surprise me - neither would them winning the Region.

There are no exceptional teams in Region 3 - and that is being kind... Are there any "star" players (Power 5 commits) in the Region? From what I've seen, Biles (Pitt commit) was the best D-I player in central Ohio.

Even though this year's PC team is way down (by their standards), I still consider them the favorites to win the region. Gahanna manhandled the Tigers in the trenches, but still only managed to win by 2 pts... I'd take PC to win if there's a rematch. Pick North is slightly more talented, but that advantage is offset by highly questionable coaching... If they lose in the 1st round it wouldn't surprise me - neither would them winning the Region.
You only have a couple of d1 guys. Kamari Burns- Cinci,
Jaden Yates has a few offers from Gahanna. But they have their qb and rb coming back- def d1 kids.
PN, 0, a Ot going to akron this year but will have a bunch next year and upcoming.
PC will have some power five guys coming up as well.
Havent see the. GC qb but he might get some looks next year?

The opinions are high for PC because they have only played a couple of those bottom tier teams you mentioned. Their schedule was front loaded with 2 of their 3 losses coming by 1 and 2 points. The combined record of the teams they lost to is 16-5. Their first 5 games were against teams who are now 25-11.
While it’s true they lost their top player, they got a defensive starter back after game 6 who had been out with an injury and they still have 41 more seniors along with a few juniors who have been waiting their turn.
Even after losing their returning starter RB before the season, Styles to OSU and Biles to an injury, they still have arguably the most talent in Region 3. They need to significantly reduce the penalties and they will be fine.
Pretty good reasons why PC is still thought to be a contender for R3.

In my eyes, this does come into play......................................Their schedule was front loaded with 2 of their 3 losses coming by 1 and 2 points. The combined record of the teams they lost to is 16-5. Their first 5 games were against teams who are now 25-11.

I don't think anyone will be surprised if they are final 4 or final 2 in R3.

Observations.
Westerville Central - at times they can play with anyone, other times they struggle.
Thomas Worthington - drops a bunch in the final ranking

Great possible week 2 matchups…battle of Pickerington, Grove City vs New Albany.

My upset pick is Westerville Central beats Hilliard Darby