Olentangy
Olentangy Berlin
Olentangy Liberty
Olentangy Orange
Perrysburg
Springfield
Wayne
Whitmer

the oddest region on state. Springboro drops to r4 but Centerville and Miamisburg stay in r2. Then you have Whitmer which r1 or even 3 makes way more sense for them

the oddest region on state. Springboro drops to r4 but Centerville and Miamisburg stay in r2. Then you have Whitmer which r1 or even 3 makes way more sense for them
Whitmer, Findlay and Perrysburg are a package deal wherever they go as the only D1 teams in northwest Ohio.

Whitmer, Findlay and Perrysburg are a package deal wherever they go as the only D1 teams in northwest Ohio.
Seems like it would make more sense for them to go to 1 or even 3 and bring the Hilliard schools to r2

Springboro is south of Centerville and Miamisburg and in the same county as Lebanon and Mason. Which school would you put in R4 to replace them to get to 18?

Springboro is south of Centerville and Miamisburg and in the same county as Lebanon and Mason. Which school would you put in R4 to replace them to get to 18?
Not sure i would have to go through it completely and haven't had time yet. I do think they need to go back to less divisions.
But Centerville to Springboro is a 20 minute drive. Springboro to Miamisburg is a 18 minute drive.

Centerville to Coffman hour and 16 minutes. Centerville to Marysville hour and 19 minutes. Centerville to Findlay almost 2 hours

Dublin Coffman appears to be headed down to the same level as Beavercreek-which it beat 63-7 in the 2020 playoffs.

Dublin Coffman appears to be headed down to the same level as Beavercreek-which it beat 63-7 in the 2020 playoffs.
Really . Yes a huge sudden drop off from a 20 year period of consistently good teams but could Beavercreek have beat Wayne in a playoff game last year ? This year ?

Not likely. Last year was a blip on the radar. The new coach instilled a complete culture change. I expect Coffman to build a program that will dominate at the state level sooner rather than later. They’ll be vastly improved this year and will make noise in region 2.

Coffman was a state contender before the new coach so how much of a culture change was needed
I’m not going to give the history of Coffman Football. You can find the anthology elsewhere on Yappi.

There is a completely different culture there now. It’s a totally different program. And in region 2 they can make some noise this year and win it in the coming years.

Last edited:
Yes it is is completely different now . No question . Last year was unlike any other year in the last 30 or so completely different team than any I’ve seen . .

Overall talent level is very different . So yes a different program and different expectations from fans . Really good coach and most players are really working hard and buying in . Is there enough good players to be a force sooner than later ?

I haven’t seen that evidence having seen the kids last year and the fact that they lost most of their offensive production to graduation . They return 6-7 guys on defense who gave up 35 a game last year . That will improve this year .

For the record I hope this person’s . assessment of being a major player in R-2 and a power in D-1 at the state level
sooner than later is correct. The program seems to be ( is ) in a down cycle personnel wise to those who I talk to at the younger levels now and what I have seen personally the last few years . Stokes is an elite young coach . 4-8 last year , 5-6 his last year at Minster (. Minster bottomed out at 1-10 last year , he got out when he did for a reason as did coach Crabtree at Coffman after 2020 and coach White at Davidson after the 2019 season ). He will get the most out of what he has . Will be better than 4-8 but not sure how much better .

Last edited:
It always will be the oddest with the odds and ends that are left over after the other three regions are filled with schools that are all from the same district whether Southwest, Central, or Northeast.

The few NW district schools will always be here IMO, they'll never split the Toledo schools apart, and it's made easier by there being no need for R1. The only thing highly questionable IMO is where the boundary was drawn in Columbus. It's drawn like it was made with travel for those few northern schools in mind when geographically it would have been more compact for the majority getting the Hilliard schools in there instead of the Olentangys. I probably would also punt Delaware to R3 for Westland and Upper Arlington.

Last edited:
I’m not going to give the history of Coffman Football. You can find the anthology elsewhere on Yappi.

There is a completely different culture there now. It’s a totally different program. And in region 2 they can make some noise this year and win it in the coming years.
You don’t have to give me the history I have played against Coffman and have been around for a while. Coffman was always a state contender and yearly state ranked with deep playoff runs

You don’t have to give me the history I have played against Coffman and have been around for a while. Coffman was always a state contender and yearly state ranked with deep playoff runs
But apparently over 20 years did it the “
WRONG “ way . Whatever that means. They will now do it the “. RIGHT “. Way

I say this just quoting the excellent two time state champion coach ( D-6! D-7 ) who I think is really good . He came at a time where the run of above average personnel ( two decades and consistent success ) ended . The strong football culture is ebbing here. The narrative is the program needed a huge upgrade and changes . I think research wasn’t done TBH . He comes and says these kids just need to work harder ( many classes in succession just aren’t as good as usual Coffman classes ) Down cycles happen at all long run successful public school programs . Davidson and Coffman to name two seem to be in this down cycle or period of relative mediocrity , it just happens .

Not likely. Last year was a blip on the radar. The new coach instilled a complete culture change. I expect Coffman to build a program that will dominate at the state level sooner rather than later. They’ll be vastly improved this year and will make noise in region 2.
Dominate at the state level? Like St. Ed’s, St. X, ect? There is a big difference between competing in your region and dominating the state.

It is funny reading a team that won 8-9 games a year would be regional semifinalist almost consistently needed a culture change.

It is funny reading a team that won 8-9 games a year would be regional semifinalist almost consistently needed a culture change.
You have to take this posters thoughts with a grain of salt . He’s been a long time critic of the Crabtree 20 year tenure which fell short and lost some winnable games in the playoffs with good teams but ran an extremely consistent program with zero losing or even 500 seasons and only one 6-4 in 20 seasons , after the school split with Jerome .

This poster didn’t think much of the culture or coaching in this time . His overly optimistic view and slobbering over the new staff has a lot to do to further dig at Crabtree and the previous 20 years . Stokes is 9-14 in his last 23 and got routed many times last year and only win one game all year comfortably The Minster program he left bottomed out last year going 1-10 . Clearly A lot of work to do and they are working really hard to try to avoid giving up 35 a game this year .

Team gave up more than 30 one time in the last 40 games of Crabtrees tenure . They gave up at least that many a handful of times last season . Things will improve but to think state power sooner than
Later starting where things did personnel wise last year and the classes coming up aren’t deep with talent either and haven’t won a lot of games at the younger levels . ? Identity and attitude and working hard are important but you need more good players to be a consistent threat and win 8 games a year . Team lost most of their offensive production . QB Maggs a typically really solid Coffman QB was the show . He led the team in rushing and threw for 1625 yards accounting for 2400 yards . Top rushing RB graduated ( 530 yards ) top receiver by far Hedderely who had 60 catches for 730 yards as well,

. Defense really struggled last year . Fell off a cliff . They will have to be really improved while the offense finds some new answers ( QB) and playmakers if there is to be vast improvement . Kids have great attitudes are buying into Stokes all in fanatical
Training and the work ethic , but the skills , execution , quickness , speed and playmaking aspects of the game need to improve .

Tackling , setting edges and speed on defense were big problems last year . Simply flaws that made it hard to stay in some games . Out of the 8 losses only one was a real close loss . So there is where we start year two . Looking forward to seeing that first scrimmage seeing the improvement . One certainty is DT Will Smith is going to be a problem. for the Rocks opponents .Looking really good this off- season and did really well at the Ohio Stare camp . He is committed to the Bucs . Left Tackle JR Manu the first SOPH to start at Coffman since big Mike Adams in 2005 also has a lot of potential and is looking good .

Last edited:
You have to take this posters thoughts with a grain of salt . He’s been a long time critic of the Crabtree 20 year tenure which fell short and lost some winnable games in the playoffs with good teams but ran an extremely consistent program with zero losing or even 500 seasons and only one 6-4 in 20 seasons , after the school split with Jerome .

This poster didn’t think much of the culture or coaching in this time . His overly optimistic view and slobbering over the new staff has a lot to do to further dig at Crabtree and the previous 20 years . Stokes is 9-14 in his last 23 and got routed many times last year and only win one game all year comfortably The Minster program he left bottomed out last year going 1-10 . Clearly A lot of work to do and they are working really hard to try to avoid giving up 35 a game this year .

Team gave up more than 30 one time in the last 40 games of Crabtrees tenure . They gave up at least that many a handful of times last season . Things will improve but to think state power sooner than
Later starting where things did personnel wise last year and the classes coming up aren’t deep with talent either and haven’t won a lot of games at the younger levels . ? Identity and attitude and working hard are important but you need more good players to be a consistent threat and win 8 games a year . Team lost most of their offensive production . QB Maggs a typically really solid Coffman QB was the show . He led the team in rushing and threw for 1625 yards accounting for 2400 yards . Top rushing RB graduated ( 530 yards ) top receiver by far Hedderely who had 60 catches for 730 yards as well,

. Defense really struggled last year . Fell off a cliff . They will have to be really improved while the offense finds some new answers ( QB) and playmakers if there is to be vast improvement . Kids have great attitudes are buying into Stokes all in fanatical
Training and the work ethic , but the skills , execution , quickness , speed and playmaking aspects of the game need to improve .

Tackling , setting edges and speed on defense were big problems last year . Simply flaws that made it hard to stay in some games . Out of the 8 losses only one was a real close loss . So there is where we start year two . Looking forward to seeing that first scrimmage seeing the improvement . One certainty is DT Will Smith is going to be a problem. for the Rocks opponents .Looking really good this off- season and did really well at the Ohio Stare camp . He is committed to the Bucs . Left Tackle JR Manu the first SOPH to start at Coffman since big Mike Adams in 2005 also has a lot of potential and is looking good .
Maybe I’m overly optimistic. But I am loyal to my school. And I know what I see.

But Harry you don’t know anymore about setting edges than you do setting the table for dinner. Not do I. But I’m smart enough not to pretend that I do. I’m going to leave coaching to coaches.

Im not trying to play coach . I am not pretending anything .If you don’t know much about the game and what you see ?! That’s you. You have no idea what I know . I can see with my eyes that edges weren’t being set on defense as backs consistently turned the corner with speed and the gains that were being made . The Olentangy scrimmage was the first one I saw , the coaches were yelling about the edge not being set incessantly . I’ll wait to see actual football being played before I have a take on how good the team will be this year .

Loyal ? That made me laugh out loud knowing some of your posts throughout the years . Thanks for that . Needed a good laugh

Im not trying to play coach . I am not pretending anything .If you don’t know much about the game and what you see ?! That’s you. You have no idea what I know . I can see with my eyes that edges weren’t being set on defense as backs consistently turned the corner with speed and the gains that were being made . The Olentangy scrimmage was the first one I saw , the coaches were yelling about the edge not being set incessantly . I’ll wait to see actual football being played before I have a take on how good the team will be this year .

Loyal ? That made me laugh out loud knowing some of your posts throughout the years . Thanks for that . Needed a good laugh
My guess is he was fishing for you to actually explain how the edge is set whereas you could have explained that it can be set by the DE, OLB or even a DB depending on the defensive scheme you are in and what formation the Offense is in. Most commonly the DE job is to force the runner back inside the tackle to keep the RB from getting the edge this he can do by playing outside shoulder leverage and turning the ball carrier back inside where he has help from the D-line, LB's and SS...

Reactions: AHM
My guess is he was fishing for you to actually explain how the edge is set whereas you could have explained that it can be set by the DE, OLB or even a DB depending on the defensive scheme you are in and what formation the Offense is in. Most commonly the DE job is to force the runner back inside the tackle to keep the RB from getting the edge this he can do by playing outside shoulder leverage and turning the ball carrier back inside where he has help from the D-line, LB's and SS...
Actually he was doing no such thing ( fishing ) and didn’t want a breakdown . He just wanted to say I don’t know much about the game . He has no idea . Coffman defense in 2021 let ball carriers turn the corner and move upfield more easily than at any time in many years . DE LB and safety’s alike were not making enough plays. Period . It’s a thread about how good teams may be this year . But thanks for the breakdown

Actually he was doing no such thing ( fishing ) and didn’t want a breakdown . He just wanted to say I don’t know much about the game . He has no idea . Coffman defense in 2021 let ball carriers turn the corner and move upfield more easily than at any time in many years . DE LB and safety’s alike were not making enough plays. Period . It’s a thread about how good teams may be this year . But thanks for the breakdown
I don’t have a good idea so I don’t say stupid things like “set the edge”.
or identifying who should be “making plays”

So how good will Jerome, Marysville, or any of the Olentangy be? Springfield is loaded again replacing Smoot, Bradley, January and Brown will be tough but they have some guys who can step in. How good will Findlay be? I know they have the qb but what else do they return

I don’t have a good idea so I don’t say stupid things like “set the edge”.
or identifying who should be “making plays”
Stick to that mentality . I am
Not a coach and don’t teach the game or know it the way they do and never said I did . I just know what i’m
Seeing and have a decent understanding of it . What I saw was guys getting blocked and not getting off blocks and making plays and ball carriers getting to the edge and turning the corner . A LOT .,Not real
complex .

So how good will Jerome, Marysville, or any of the Olentangy be? Springfield is loaded again replacing Smoot, Bradley, January and Brown will be tough but they have some guys who can step in. How good will Findlay be? I know they have the qb but what else do they return
Jerome will be good similar to last year
Olentangy should be improved
Marysville takes a big step back.