D1 final four predictions

Wildcat13

Which teams will be in the final four for division one looking for a chance to get to Canton. Will it be familiar faces or will we see new blood make a run?

There are certainly some teams that can beat SHS but I don’t see it happening. Weather could be the equalizer though…time will tell.

Why is it we're presuming Kettering can't beat Springfield again? Did that game show some match-up difficulties for Springfield? Were there injuries involved?

No one seems to give Lakota West a chance. I thought they looked very strong when I saw them. My eyes deceiving me? I know they have to go through Moeller but is that just impossible?

Why is it we're presuming Kettering can't beat Springfield again? Did that game show some match-up difficulties for Springfield? Were there injuries involved?
I do not recall specific injures but Fairmont is a tough matchup but is very dependent upon ball control. They literally run the play clock below 5 seconds whenever the clock is running. Dave Miller strongly believes in running the football and basically throws veey infrequently. They could certainly do that to Springfield again, but doing it twice in one season could be tough. Not to mention they open with another GWOC opponent in Wayne. Very similar situation in that one.

Fairmont played a zone defense on the receivers and stopped the yards after the catch. They pressured the qb causing some bad throws. Special teams really put them over the top with a blocked kick for a td. All teams were healthy.

Wayne, Fairmont, Perrysburg, Jerome. Springfield good. But not like last year. They won't make semis
Fairmont got away with one against Springfield. That won’t happen again. Jerome don’t have enough athletes to compete. Don’t really know much about Perrysburg and Wayne is the one team that could give them a run but I don’t see Wayne beating them either.

Fairmont played a zone defense on the receivers and stopped the yards after the catch. They pressured the qb causing some bad throws. Special teams really put them over the top with a blocked kick for a td. All teams were healthy.
The key to beating Fairmont is getting them in 3rd and long Situations. 3rd and long for them is 3rd and 8 and more. Teams will have to score on every possession because they won’t get many so when you got the ball you have to score. Springfield moved the ball up and down the field on them. First drive they scored in 3 plays. But they had a few drives they didn’t score. Got the blocked FG and the crazy kick off that literally landed on the one yard line bounced straight in the air and died on the one yard line. The ball was bouncing Fairmont way pretty much all game. I don’t think that will happen again. Since that lost Springfield has been on a rampage.

No one seems to give Lakota West a chance. I thought they looked very strong when I saw them. My eyes deceiving me? I know they have to go through Moeller but is that just impossible?
It's tough to really judge West because of their schedule, though anytime you go undefeated. Not much they can do about their schedule, but it's a bit telling that two teams with losses are ahead of them in the region. Bolden has come a long way passing the ball, but I'm not sure if their offense is good enough. I would love to see them and Elder meet, just because the offense-defense match-up would be fascinating.

I think the region is Moe's to lose, probably beating West in a low scoring game in the final.

Definitely not impossible, but Moeller would for sure be the favorite should they meet.

I do not recall specific injures but Fairmont is a tough matchup but is very dependent upon ball control. They literally run the play clock below 5 seconds whenever the clock is running. Dave Miller strongly believes in running the football and basically throws veey infrequently. They could certainly do that to Springfield again, but doing it twice in one season could be tough. Not to mention they open with another GWOC opponent in Wayne. Very similar situation in that one.

Then I might like to see Perrysburg against them. Fairmont must have had some athletes to counter Springfield, no? Some speed on defense?

Then I might like to see Perrysburg against them. Fairmont must have had some athletes to counter Springfield, no? Some speed on defense?
Don’t worry someone will be along soon to tell you Springfield played flat that game.

Looking at the stats fairmont has one of the best defenses in the league. They are barely behind Springfield who played one less game. The biggest loss was to northmont 24-0. The other two losses were by 7 to centerville and 2 to springboro. I work with a fairmont guy and he said the coach cost them the boro game. I don’t know. He also said this years seniors went undefeated as freshman. So take that for what it’s worth. I don’t put much in to freshman records a lot happens between freshman year and senior year. They do have the leagues leading rusher and kids among the sacks and int leaders.

Wayne, Fairmont, Perrysburg, Jerome. Springfield good. But not like last year. They won't make semis
Honestly they might be even better. The offense is at least

LW has a ton of talent and the defense can compete with anyone. I think the biggest concern is how their offensive line holds up later in the playoffs.

Don’t worry someone will be along soon to tell you Springfield played flat that game.

Looking at the stats fairmont has one of the best defenses in the league. They are barely behind Springfield who played one less game. The biggest loss was to northmont 24-0. The other two losses were by 7 to centerville and 2 to springboro. I work with a fairmont guy and he said the coach cost them the boro game. I don’t know. He also said this years seniors went undefeated as freshman. So take that for what it’s worth. I don’t put much in to freshman records a lot happens between freshman year and senior year. They do have the leagues leading rusher and kids among the sacks and int leaders.
Springfield didn’t play flat that game. Fairmont was just able to play the game they wanted to play. As I explained already things just went Fairmont way. They controlled the clock. They had the ball for like 35 mins to Springfield 12mins. They got the Block FG that landed right in the defender lap, they got the trick play off that saved them from losing, The Kickoff that landed on the one yard line and bounced straight in the air and landed on the one and died. still til this day I’m trying to figure out the odd of that happening. So it wasn’t that Springfield played flat they just couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down and they didn’t score every possession.

Springfield didn’t play flat that game. Fairmont was just able to play the game they wanted to play. As I explained already things just went Fairmont way. They controlled the clock. They had the ball for like 35 mins to Springfield 12mins. They got the Block FG that landed right in the defender lap, they got the trick play off that saved them from losing, The Kickoff that landed on the one yard line and bounced straight in the air and landed on the one and died. still til this day I’m trying to figure out the odd of that happening. So it wasn’t that Springfield played flat they just couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down and they didn’t score every possession.

I agree but the some SHS posters insist they played flat. The odds of the kickoff stopping at the one are pretty good if you have a good kicker. I think fairmont’s kicker is getting looks from d1 schools so he must be pretty good.