D V State Semifinal: Liberty Center vs Valley View

Who Will Win

• Liberty Center

• Valley View

Results are only viewable after voting.

LCs elite D vs VVs elite O. Which gives first. Gonna take a very clean game from VVs QB for them to pull it out. Don’t know much about LC but looking strictly at scores they’ve taken care of everyone and them some. Very impressive scores. What should us VV fans be on the lookout for?

A run heavy offense and a run stopping QB pressuring defense and a solid kicking game. Big athletic dudes on both sides of the line with speed.

Tough matchup for Valley View. If they clean up the mistakes and don’t turn the ball over they have a shot. They will certainly be the underdogs in this one

LC had 3 players go out with injuries DB, OL and RB/LB all in starters still held Coldwater scoreless in the 2nd half. LC has a stable of backs and this next game will tell. Not a lot of flash last night against Cavs. Just smash mouth football all 2nd half.

Don't let the close score fool you last night. If the officials weren't stacked against LC in the first half it likely ends up in a 31/35- 7 game.

VV...how are your lines? LC was able to manhandle the Cavs on both sides. If you cannot control the line this will be over fast.

May.check this one out to get an early scouting report on VV for next year.

Don't let the close score fool you last night. If the officials weren't stacked against LC in the first half it likely ends up in a 31/35- 7 game.

VV...how are your lines? LC was able to manhandle the Cavs on both sides. If you cannot control the line this will be over fast.

Lines are good, athletic and have some size, disciplined too (don’t get very many penalties called against them), the weak spot on VV D is their secondary and the strength is their LB and DL

Gonna be a good game. Once again, smash mouth LC football will wear down VV and advance to the finals. As always, LC by two scores.

And I concur The Voice. LC had some costly penalties that could have made the score a little different.

28-7 LC

VV has an outstanding offense with multiple weapons, dynamic QB. The turnovers the past two games are an issue, but Henson has played very dynamic. Being physical will be key for VV in matching up against LC. Should be an exciting game.

I look forward to see how LC pressures Henson. He’s a great runner, but when he eludes pressure, he keeps his eyes downfield to throw. Should be one of the very best QBs that LC has faced this season.

Are they physical? Do they push or get pushed?
They are physical but tend to keep eyes in the backfield and have been burned on the deep ball. Seemed to have adjusted since the week 10 debacle @ Waynesville but if this VV team has one glaring issue it’s their secondary. But not for the lack of speed. VV has elite speed at every position group led by #11 Landon Malara. Two way player who plays LB and WR and is every bit of 6,3 215lbs and runs like a track athlete

Cavs have some amazing talent at the QB,WR and LB definitely know why the MAC is good.

LC has a stable of RB 2/3 triplets are the main backs, brother is a WR. LC line is about as good as you get with a running team if VV gets behind by 2 scores LC will run the ball slowly and bleed the clock. This deep in the playoffs there’s no measurement by how bad you win just go 1-0 every week. I’m gonna get some deep look at VV and bring out my prediction later this week. Don’t have an injury report on the 3 that got hurt last night but it would be amazing if they are able to play next week.
Go Tigers!

VVs line has some size but they aren’t the worlds biggest. Led by their LT Simpson who is 6’5 276 their line is RT - 6’3 250, RG - 6’0 200 (Reed is also their MLB #58), C - 6’2 290, LG - 5’11 290.

VVs line has some size but they aren’t the world’s biggest. Led by their LT Simpson who is 6’5 276 their line is RT - 6’3 250, RG - 6’0 200 (Reed is also their MLB #58), C - 6’2 290, LG - 5’11 290.
LC OL goes
#74 6’4 250 So.
#55 6’1 240 Jr.
#70 6’2 240 Sr.
#75 6’4 265 Sr.
#20 6’1 185 Sr.
#40 6’0 210 Sr.
#51 5’6 180 Jr
#71 6’0 230 Jr.
#63 6’0 200 Jr.
All have been in rotation

Last edited:
It isn’t so much LC size, it is how athletic they are for their size. Unreal speed and strength. You cant block #75 yourself, only way to stop him is 3 defenders. I would have to say when the line took over both sides of the ball in the second half, that is when the CW game was over. Thought after first half LC might be in trouble.

3 LC starters injured? Seems like that would be an issue. VV has been fortunate and stayed healthy.
They have had some injuries, but don’t underestimate their depth, when healthy they have almost 2 squads and continually have people in and out. And they don’t lose any athleticism. That’s why they can wear down so many teams. But will be interesting to see how many will be ready by Friday. These long playoffs are brutal on the kids. They could shave a game or two off the playoffs.

They have had some injuries, but don’t underestimate their depth, when healthy they have almost 2 squads and continually have people in and out. And they don’t lose any athleticism. That’s why they can wear down so many teams. But will be interesting to see how many will be ready by Friday. These long playoffs are brutal on the kids. They could shave a game or two off the playoffs.
To get to a state final game currently requires a 16 game season. Even the NFL has bye weeks. Especially in the divisions 4 through 7 injuries can ruin a promising playoff run.

LC OL goes
#74 6’4 250 So.
#55 6’1 240 Jr.
#72 6’2 240 Sr.
#75 6’4 265 Sr.
#20 6’1 185 Sr.
#40 6’0 210 Sr.
#51 5’6 180 Jr
#71 6’0 230 Jr.
#63 6’0 200 Jr.
All have been in rotation
#72 is a sophomore who has been out with an ACL all year. You are mistaking him for #70

It isn’t so much LC size, it is how athletic they are for their size. Unreal speed and strength. You cant block #75 yourself, only way to stop him is 3 defenders. I would have to say when the line took over both sides of the ball in the second half, that is when the CW game was over. Thought after first half LC might be in trouble.
The penalties in the first half was most of the issue for LC. A good question would be, where were the penalties on CW for holding on Bocklemen? None were called and they were clear. I think the only penalty they had was one for a false start the whole game.

The penalties in the first half was most of the issue for LC. A good question would be, where were the penalties on CW for holding on Bocklemen? None were called and they were clear. I think the only penalty they had was one for a false start the whole game.
All games are reviewed by Ohio highschool referee council or something I believe should be a lot to talk over with 10 missed holds and offensive Pass Interference not called. LC vs Coldwater Could have been 38-7

All games are reviewed by Ohio highschool referee council or something I believe should be a lot to talk over with 10 missed holds and offensive Pass Interference not called. LC vs Coldwater Could have been 38-7
Surely this was called

Attachments

• IMG_3434.jpeg
    IMG_3434.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 156
Thought this was LC VV thread?
Liberty Centers depth is what really proves to be the dagger. Looks like I’m paying another $10 this week to watch the game.