Votes: 54 32.5%
  • Anderson by 1-8

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Anderson by 9-16

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Anderson by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
I now see why everyone hates Massillon fans so much.

The whole week while everyone was saying they'd win, it was woah is me, why are we the underdog.

Now it's over the top gloating like a bunch of whiny kids.

You are like the super hot chick that everyone hates because she is a to everyone and cries nonstop about not being able to hold onto a dude or why she has no friends.

Seriously, I used to think Elder had the worst fans, now I know better.

This is spot on. The Elder Fans can’t even come close to the Massillon Fans! Not even with Elder Football Super Fan Omar the Dbag leading the way! Anderson will always be a Fraud under that HC and his Football philosophy!

That’s not what my post refers to at all. It refers to everyone discrediting our defense and how Anderson was going to score a lot. Anyway I’m done with this thread. On to Hoban
Some people discrediting the D, certainly not everyone. Now a universal consensus was that Masdillon's offense would name their score.

Some people discrediting the D, certainly not everyone. Now a universal consensus was that Masdillon's offense would name their score.
Ok fine not everyone, but enough. And you’re right about the offense. I don’t mean to be disrespectful to Anderson I just don’t think people realize how good this Massillon defense is. And the last several weeks without one of the best linebackers in Ohio

How can anyone defend that moron coach saying he always goes for it on 4th down. You would think after the first one failed someone would explain the definition of insanity of trying the same thing with different results.

Ok fine not everyone, but enough. And you’re right about the offense. I don’t mean to be disrespectful to Anderson I just don’t think people realize how good this Massillon defense is. And the last several weeks without one of the best linebackers in Ohio
I think anyone who was watching the scores week to week did have a bunch of respect for Massillon's defense this season. And being a bit disrespectful to Anderson's coaching philosophy as it applies to when they play solid teams is just good sense, at least this past decade plus. It's not about their players. They do their best and are very disciplined, but Anderson's coaching philosophy is just plain broken against good defenses, but that is how they've lived and died.

Several thoughts post game...

1) Anderson runs an offense totally different than just about any program in the state...in terms of philosophy, formations, and play calling. They throw multiple screens to every quadrant, and all the skill players are equally involved. Its so different that it is difficult to prepare for...like an Academy's wishbone, the old run and shoot that the U of Houston used to run, or anything that Mike Leach did.

As a one of a kind, it has great advantages...but it also has disadvantages, esp in that it faces challenges in situational football. They don't punt much, but thats part of the philosophy. They choose to do what they do best.

Another disadvantage is that running such an offense makes it very difficult for its defense to get much practice against more typical offenses. Its almost impossible to build a physical defense, when it has to work daily against a totally finesse offense. It also forces its defense to be on the field a lot.

2) In the early going, Anderson moved almost at will against Massillon's defense, and even forced the Tigers to burn an early time out.

Over the Moore era in Massillon, the staff has built a well deserved reputation of having the ability to make in game adjustments. Even knowing that, it was surprising how quickly Massillon adjusted to Andersons offense. It was almost instant, starting with the Raptors second possession. Suddenly, Massillon defenders were in the right lanes, right positions. It was like they knew exactly where the ball was going. And knowing that, the Tigers were primed to make some very physical plays. Physical plays and constant pressure on both the throwing and receiving end leads to mistakes, like dropped passes.

3) Maybe...probably...the dropped passes made somewhat of a difference. So did back to back penalties against the Tiger offense, which caused a turnover on downs...instead of a TD.

4) Both teams played a lot of underclassmen. We will see both of them next year.

5) Focusing on just Massillon, its defense is perhaps the best I've seen the Tigers have in thirty years, or so. They've throttled every kind of offense imaginable. They have obviously size, speed, and strength...all the physical assets. Just as importantly...maybe more...is that they are highly intelligent and great discipline. They have football IQ.

Coaches can make all the right adjustments, but it takes smart players to turn adjustments into on field success.

6) Anderson had a great season. Congrats to the Raptors. They ran into a buzzsaw tonight, but it doesnt take anything away from what they accomplished.

How can anyone defend that moron coach saying he always goes for it on 4th down. You would think after the first one failed someone would explain the definition of insanity of trying the same thing with different results.
We're not defending him. We're just saying that is what he has consistently done for the past decade, so it can't be a surprise. Nobody has accused their coach of being sane when playing good defenses, at least not anyone from southwest Ohio.

That might be but you have to look across the line from you. It was a big mistake tonight, he didn't give his team a chance with the field position he put them in tonight.
You absolutely do if you're sane. It's why Anderson hasn't had a playoff exit since 2009 where they gave up fewer than 40 points.

I would’ve fired that coach and told him to Uber home after going for it multiple times deep in their own territory.
Sorry but I call bs on all this fire the coach crap. They weren’t winning this game no matter what. They actually tackled a Massillon player like five times in the first half, it was either end zone or pray to get them out of bounds. No matter how they managed field position, they couldn’t stop Massillon. It would have just been more time off the clock. Maybe they lose by 35 instead of 48. Who cares?

Dryer’s been there 7 or 8 years, has been successful throughout, battled through 3 years where WW and Kings had golden classes at the top, and nobody else had a shot, and as has been noted, took a 5-5 team to the Region finals last year, damn near won it using that philosophy. This year the field opened up and it came together for them. His team got thumped in the Semis, just like Massillon last year, and look where the Tigers are now.

They’re returning a ton next year, will be the favorites to win the ECC, which makes them Region 8 favorites, and that philosophy is a major reason why. It strikes terror in the defenses they play. It’s a psychological weapon that gains them a major advantage. Sure it’s going to blow up sometimes, but that doesn’t mean not doing it won’t blow up. Playing more conservatively robs them of their best shot at beating teams with tons more talent like they’ll face year after year if they keep making it to the Massillon/Hoban/Avon Invitational.

If they change, I’ll be sad, even though I’d love to see them punt every fourth down against Kings. This is the beginning for them. They’ll be back, and if breaks go different, and they’re not playing a once in a generation team, he might look brilliant for not compromising some day.

I now see why everyone hates Massillon fans so much.

The whole week while everyone was saying they'd win, it was woah is me, why are we the underdog.

Now it's over the top gloating like a bunch of whiny kids.

You are like the super hot chick that everyone hates because she is a to everyone and cries nonstop about not being able to hold onto a dude or why she has no friends.

Seriously, I used to think Elder had the worst fans, now I know better.
They are annoying as hell- but the ones besides a few are VERY annoying. But I promise you there are a lot of cool Massillon fans

They are annoying as hell- but the ones besides a few are VERY annoying. But I promise you there are a lot of cool Massillon fans
Am I still a "homer"for having faith in a defense I been watching since May? I tried to tell y'all all week what was gonna happen now I ain't expect a 55-7 type game but our defense is something serious bro. I do love Anderson style of offense tho

Gotta say - I love the Massillon fans. They’re here, they’re passionate, theyre having fun. More posts on this seven day thread than an entire season on the ECC thread. I’m jealous. I’d give anything for a little of this over there. And I’m still not sure anyone who actually roots for Anderson primarily actually showed up here the whole time.

Sorry but I call bs on all this fire the coach crap. They weren’t winning this game no matter what. They actually tackled a Massillon player like five times in the first half, it was either end zone or pray to get them out of bounds. No matter how they managed field position, they couldn’t stop Massillon. It would have just been more time off the clock. Maybe they lose by 35 instead of 48. Who cares?

Dryer’s been there 7 or 8 years, has been successful throughout, battled through 3 years where WW and Kings had golden classes at the top, and nobody else had a shot, and as has been noted, took a 5-5 team to the Region finals last year, damn near won it using that philosophy. This year the field opened up and it came together for them. His team got thumped in the Semis, just like Massillon last year, and look where the Tigers are now.

They’re returning a ton next year, will be the favorites to win the ECC, which makes them Region 8 favorites, and that philosophy is a major reason why. It strikes terror in the defenses they play. It’s a psychological weapon that gains them a major advantage. Sure it’s going to blow up sometimes, but that doesn’t mean not doing it won’t blow up. Playing more conservatively robs them of their best shot at beating teams with tons more talent like they’ll face year after year if they keep making it to the Massillon/Hoban/Avon Invitational.

If they change, I’ll be sad, even though I’d love to see them punt every fourth down against Kings. This is the beginning for them. They’ll be back, and if breaks go different, and they’re not playing a once in a generation team, he might look brilliant for not compromising some day.
A totally diff game was possible. Team has some studs.

Those of us that are old enough grew up on a philosophy the epitome of which belonged to Woody and Bo...later called Tressel ball.

Defense, kicking game, run the ball, move the chains, control the clock, and take no chances...ultimate conservative football. The punt is the most important play in the game. But if the defense failed, they lost the game, because they couldn't win a shoot out.

Anderson is just the opposite, as I described. Field position doesn't matter. The clock doesn't matter. Moving the chains isn't a goal. Everything is geared to getting big chunks of yardage at a time, and they are willing to take the risks. If Andersons offense fails, they can't win the game.

It didn't work for them last night, but they've won 30 games in the last three years in a tough region. There are a lot of programs that would love to have averaged ten wins a year over the past three years.

It will all be a moot point if Massillon doesn't win Thursday night. Everything fell in place and went Massillon's way against Anderson. It looked like Massillon came out of the game injury free and regardless of the score, Anderson gave Massillon a workout. I think Massillon is playing its best overall ball of the season. Don't let up.