D II State Semi-Final: Massillon (12-1) vs Archbishop Hoban (13-1)

Who wins?

• Hoban

Votes: 121 55.8%
  • Massillon

Votes: 96 44.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you game plan off these stats?:

St. Edward overall is a more talented team but beside their defensive ends they don't have a standout that can dominate the game like Sperling. Still they rushed for 255 yrds., and Hoban has weaknesses that can be exploited.

Moeller's back is as talented when we faced them with key players injured. ;

RUSHING No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg.
Jordan Marshall 17 139 0 139 3 39 8.2

RECEIVING No. Yds TD Lg
Tennel Bryant 9 230 3 70

## Lakewood St Edward Solo Ast Total TFL/Yds FF FR-Yds Int-Yds BrUp Blkd Sack/Yds QBH
47 Michael Lilbane 3 4 5.0 2.5/12 . . . . . 1.0/9 .
34 Wyatt Gedeon 4 1 4.5 1.0/7 . . . . . 1.0/7 .

We'll see if the schedule upgrade helped with our state playoff performance?!

Last edited:
I’ll say Massillon wins in a thriller 30-27 in a game that goes down to the wire.

TCC likely favorite in the other semi-final but Kings is better than many in NE Ohio realize. They’re also still playing for a reason. That should be interesting also.

Im rooting for an all public Massillon vs Kings final but picking a Massillon vs TCC final.
GO PUBLIC DOWN WITH PRIVATE SCHOOLS

Can you game plan off these stats?:

St. Edward overall is a more talented team but beside their defensive ends they don't have a standout that can dominate the game like Sperling. Still they rushed for 255 yrds., and Hoban has weaknesses that can be exploited.

Moeller's back is as talented when we faced them with key players injured. ;

RUSHING No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg.
Jordan Marshall 17 139 0 139 3 39 8.2

We'll see if the schedule upgrade helped with our state playoff performance?!
I know I am going to get blasted by the loons, but please stop using the Ed’s game as a barometer. 4 missed field goals and three fumbles vs. a complete game tells two totally different games.

I know I am going to get blasted by the loons, but please stop using the Ed’s game as a barometer. 4 missed field goals and three fumbles vs. a complete game tells two totally different games.
It’s not a barometer because it happened NINE weeks ago but what it still is to this day is St Ed’s only loss. Turnovers and special teams are just as important as anything else and your team sucked at it that night.

Last edited:
This has got to be the dumbest thing ever posted on yappi. Honestly, THE absolute dumbest.

"This game doesn't count because we turned the ball over and missed field goals."

-eaglepride

Your beloved Eagles lost 31-28. Get over it. Incidentally, you really sound like the real loon.

I'll be honest, Ed's would beat us by 3 Tds if we played now. Does that mean we are equal to Hoban? There are so many variables to consider. Remember, we executed well but we were very lucky in the Eds game. I don't know
what went down in Ed's/Hoban game but I find it hard to believe they would beat them by 21 again. This upcoming game puzzles me. I've been conditioned ( from most past games) to assume we lose, but I'm hoping for the best. All things hopefully being equal, we are finally not going to be out coached. This team has surpassed all of my expectations this year. I hope that continues.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, Ed's would beat us by 3 Tds if we played now. Does that mean we are equal to Hoban? There are so many variables to consider. Remember, we executed well but we were very lucky in the Eds game. I don't know
what went down in Ed's/Hoban game but I find it hard to believe they would beat them by 21 again. This upcoming game puzzles me. I've been conditioned ( from most paat games) to assume we lose, but I'm hoping for the best. All things hopefully being equal, we are finally not going to be out coached. This team has surpassed all of my expectations this year. I hope that continues.
I’ll also be honest, why are you so negative?

I’ll also be honest, why are you so negative?
I allways prepare for the worst. Believe me, i want our Tigers to win as much as you, but the deck has llways been stacked against public schools. I'm certainly hopeing that the system has become more level, but I don't think so. The Tiger's can win this whole thing and if they do, I won't have a voice the next day. TIG!

I allways prepare for the worst. Believe me, i want our Tigers to win as much as you, but the deck has llways been stacked against public schools. I'm certainly hopeing that the system has become more level, but I don't think so. The Tiger's can win this whole thing and if they do, I won't have a voice the next day. TIG!
Thank You for responding honestly to my post. By the way, I was not questioning your loyalty and wanting the Tigers to win. GO TIGERS!🐅

what went down in Ed's/Hoban game but I find it hard to believe they would beat them by 21 again. This upcoming game puzzles me. I've been conditioned ( from most past games) to assume we lose, but I'm hoping for the best. All things hopefully being equal, we are finally not going to be out coached. This team has surpassed all of my expectations this year. I hope that continues.
Good post…..thanks for talking about the game and not attacking others.

From the Moeller to the St. Eds game it's a barometer of not only the teams strengths and weaknesses but their improvement.

Along with the Austintown Fitch game this team shows they can compete with the best. No longer does it lack the talent to schedule the best (Jason Hall) and their performance is relatable to when it happened during the season and mainly the game plan against top quality teams!

Was St. Eds performance solely as a result of when it occurred on the schedule, I doubt even you would try to minimize Massillon's effect on the outcome!

ERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.