• Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Springfield by 17+

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Springfield had a better team the last two years, but this team was much more resilient, I couldn't be prouder of the effort they gave tonight and throughout the up and down season. In the end it came down to Eds OL dominance. Congrats to them. Here's hoping the Cats can continue this run and finally win that final game.

GO CATS!!!!!!!

What was the final turnover count? Did that last pick even it out?

obviously Springfield not getting points at end of half, then 3 and out to start 3rd really shifted things after the Wildcat 21 point 2nd quarter outburst.
Not sure how to measure overall tackling but I felt like the Eagles were much better bringing down ball carriers on first contact. Plenty of downfield momentum coming to a sudden end.

Second or third time this year he has gone missing.
orb2.png

As our old coach use to say, the game is won or lost in the trenches. SHS held their own through 3 quarters of the game, however it was evident the defense could no longer stand up against those bigs of Eds in the 4th.
Great effort SHS. Congratulations St. Ed's.

Congrats to both teams. Ed’s on winning 3 straight and Springfield on getting to 3 straight finals either of which is easy to do. Great run for a Wildcat team that many didn’t think would get this far but played their best football 🏈 when it counted the most in the playoffs.

St. Ed is UNDENIABLY the best program in Ohio! Period. End of Story.

Although... this year... it is Massillon by a whisker. Will make for good off-season debate (an annual tradition) but that is what you will see reflected in all the national polls, and rightly so. :) Actually St. Ed, Hoban, TCC, Massillon are ALL separated by a whisker, no slight to anyone.

St. Ed is UNDENIABLY the best program in Ohio! Period. End of Story.

Although... this year... it is Massillon by a whisker. Will make for good off-season debate (annual tradition) but that is what you will see reflected in all the national polls, and rightly so. :) Actually St. Ed, Hoban, TCC, Massillon are ALL separated by a whisker, no slight to anyone.
Is PBTS only worth 2 pts? Who would be favored today on a neutral field?

Congratulations to Ed's on winning the title (three in a row now). Congratulations to Springfield on competing until the end.

As far as best in Ohio, I'll say Ed's is 1A and Massillon is 1B. If there were a rematch, it would be a close one regardless of where it's played

Why? D1 is not the premier division in the state.

Bro, c'mon. St. Ed is THE strongest program in Ohio overall - ie. recent years ie. 10+. Hoban #2. Massillon just had one helluva team this year. Add TCC last year and this year. LaSalle was right there too for awhile before they dropped off lately.

This was a great football game to watch. The Ed's v Springfield and the Hoban v. Mass were the best two so far.
I expected the game to be close and Springfield met Ed's punch in the first half, but Ed's was able to slow down the Springfield Offense with some good adjustments and the St. Ed's offense continued to do what they have done all year, just pounding the ball behind their line.
Congratulations to Springfield on their great post season run, beating Moeller three years in a row is quite impressive.

Why? D1 is not the premier division in the state.
The fact that this even needs mentioned is why this 25+ division crap is insane. Go back to 3 divisions like it should be...and there will be no doubt which big school team is the best.
Big Schools = AAA (D1)
Little schools = A (D3)
Everybody else schools = AA (D2) Glad to be the only genius on here.

Bro, c'mon. St. Ed is THE strongest program in Ohio overall - ie. recent years ie. 10+.
The assertion was that winning D1 makes you the best program. If D1 is not the strongest division, why would that be?

By that logic, MSML is the strongest program.

Bro, c'mon. St. Ed is THE strongest program in Ohio overall - ie. recent years ie. 10+. Hoban #2. Massillon just had one helluva team this year. Add TCC last year and this year. LaSalle was right there too for awhile before they dropped off lately.
I posted this image over on a Massillon thread, but given this discussion, I’ll note an experience from last night. In the 4th Q last night a group of Massillon players came over and watched the end of the game with my son and I on the Ed’s side. Great bunch of kids who were respectful and even rooted for Ed’s. They said they loved competing against Ed’s and were proud of their accomplishments but in a classy way. The Ed’s fans were very impressed with these young men.
IMG_0372.jpeg

The fact that this even needs mentioned is why this 25+ division crap is insane. Go back to 3 divisions like it should be...and there will be no doubt which big school team is the best.
Big Schools = AAA (D1)
Little schools = A (D3)
Everybody else schools = AA (D2) Glad to be the only genius on here.
But then how would teams like Massilon and Glenville finally get titles...and we would never get to know that only the MAC teams play disciplined, hard-nosed, superior "work ethic" football if the playoffs aren't watered down past three divisions.

Springfield played really well. I thought their coaches did a good job with the 2 QB offense. Usually it doesn't work, but last night it provided enough variety to move the ball on a really, really good St. Ed's defense. Ultimately Eds was just better. This state title was always Ed's to lose. They had a loaded senior class.

Status
Not open for further replies.