Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find incredible is this:

While DJT was in office, many, many people/politicians on the left said they would never get the shot while he was in charge. Then, in a moment of complete hypocrisy/insanity, after Biden was "elected", they rushed out and got the shot in droves.

HELLO?!?! IT WAS/IS THE SAME F---ING SHOT!!!! *face palm* SMH.
They are not taking the vaccine, don't be fooled.

Their families have also. Just out of curiosity at what age do you, not as a doctor but as a random dude, not recommend the vaccine and why? Do you know something that the POTUS or medical community doesn't? Just asking.
I don't not recommend it for anybody. I have encouraged my parents, in-laws, my buddy and his son who have diabetes, a couple of friends that are big fellas to all get vaccinated. For them, I believe the rewards outweigh the risks. For everyone else, I believe it should be a personal choice similar to how we handle the distribution of the flu shot. I have said many times on this board that I am not getting vaccinated because I had Covid earlier this year. I do have some concerns about long term side effects, but that is not why I've not been vaccinated. My doctor said he didn't think it was a good idea with me already having Covid, so I have followed his advice. Bottom line, we know the chances of getting really sick and/or dying from Covid for most of our younger, healthier population is far less than 1%. I personally believe the chance of some dangerous long term side effects from the vaccine are probably in that range, maybe a little higher. For me, the risk of Covid after I've already had it is much lower than my risk with the vaccine. What I don't like, is that as a society we are completely ignoring the fact that many people have gained natural immunity to Covid and have attempted to shame those who chose not to get vaccinated, when EVERYONE in this country that wants or needs the vax has had the oppurtunity to do so. I am not a right wing conspiracy theory nut. I am very middle of the road and probably lean more left on most issues. It's not political for me.

I don't not recommend it for anybody. I have encouraged my parents, in-laws, my buddy and his son who have diabetes, a couple of friends that are big fellas to all get vaccinated. For them, I believe the rewards outweigh the risks. For everyone else, I believe it should be a personal choice similar to how we handle the distribution of the flu shot. I have said many times on this board that I am not getting vaccinated because I had Covid earlier this year. I do have some concerns about long term side effects, but that is not why I've not been vaccinated. My doctor said he didn't think it was a good idea with me already having Covid, so I have followed his advice. Bottom line, we know the chances of getting really sick and/or dying from Covid for most of our younger, healthier population is far less than 1%. I personally believe the chance of some dangerous long term side effects from the vaccine are probably in that range, maybe a little higher. For me, the risk of Covid after I've already had it is much lower than my risk with the vaccine. What I don't like, is that as a society we are completely ignoring the fact that many people have gained natural immunity to Covid and have attempted to shame those who chose not to get vaccinated, when EVERYONE in this country that wants or needs the vax has had the oppurtunity to do so. I am not a right wing conspiracy theory nut. I am very middle of the road and probably lean more left on most issues. It's not political for me.
600000 Americans have died from covid, that is what, about less than .25% of the population. That means 99.75 % have not, people ( it wont happen ) have to look at the facts instead of being so dependent on big brother.

600000 Americans have died from covid, that is what, about less than .25% of the population. That means 99.75 % have not, people ( it wont happen ) have to look at the facts instead of being so dependent on big brother.
So what is your point? Still 600,000 and I personally know someone who did die from it. And yes, it was COVID, he was 55 and healthy. He died from blood clotting afterwards. That's all the facts that I need. It can happen.

Weeds
So what is your point? Still 600,000 and I personally know someone who did die from it. And yes, it was COVID, he was 55 and healthy. He died from blood clotting afterwards. That's all the facts that I need. It can happen.
Yes "anything " can happen.....but my goodness we never should have shut the country, schools, sports, bars, anything down....especially now, the vaccine is here !! Or wear wear a mask. Or both. Or nothing...IT SHOULD BE EACH INDIVIDUAL'S CHOICE !

Sadly, we will never know. One thing is for certain though, we simply CANNOT trust this government to tell us the truth.
No not at all….the only time the government ever told us the truth was from Jan 20, 17’ until
Jan 20, 21’. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Got nothing to do with Trump. That is the first big lie that a lot of people bite into. There is a lot of hype of Covid, a lot. And we can thank the MSM for it.

Yes, Covid is real. Covid can kill... those that are at high risk which we have known since day one. And the majority, the vast majority of deaths are those that are high risk category. This thing is going to spread mask or no mask, vacc or no vacc. At some point in time, we have to move on with our lives.

And those are so concerned with deaths. In this country, for centuries, people have died and will continue to die of alcohol and tobacco related use. I understand that people can't transmit lung cancer or alcoholism (so therefore not a great comparison so don't overlook my point i'm trying to make here), but people still die due to complications and poor choices. This gov't could do something to stop alcohol and tobacco and stop all those future deaths. But guess what. Alcohol and Tobacco haven't been made a political hot topic, YET. The vast majority of the public don't want their booze and smokes taken from them even though for some, they are killing themselves daily and for some, they will die to a drunk driver. There are many other "Pandemics" that can kill, they don't have to be a virus.
1. the virus will not inevitably spread. vaccination stops it. so spread is an individual and community choice.
2. deaths are also not inevitable. mitigation measures like vaccination, targeted masking, etc. will prevent unnecessary deaths.
3. HS football should be fine. it is outside. it would be much, much better if OH picked up its vaccination rate.

Heart disease kills more than that but nobody is trying to shut down our local McDonalds or fast food shops. It is our choice to decide what we want.

Fair enough. I only wish everyone made their decision based on their doctor's recommendation. Can't ask for more than that. If everyone did, we would have a MUCH higher vaccination rate.

As far as the recent surge in hospitalizations, and spread, now threatening the full return to normal activities, the data shows it is primarily due to the unvaccinated. The longer it stays active in the population the more opportunities it has to develop new variants. Variants that undermine current vaccine effectiveness, and herd immunity. As far as long term side effects of the vaccine being more dangerous than the disease itself, not sure what you base that on. There is no evidence of that. None. Quite the contrary.

Fair enough. I only wish everyone made their decision based on their doctor's recommendation. Can't ask for more than that. If everyone did, we would have a MUCH higher vaccination rate.

As far as the recent surge in hospitalizations, and spread, now threatening the full return to normal activities, the data shows it is primarily due to the unvaccinated. The longer it stays active in the population the more opportunities it has to develop new variants. Variants that undermine current vaccine effectiveness, and herd immunity. As far as long term side effects of the vaccine being more dangerous than the disease itself, not sure what you base that on. There is no evidence of that. None. Quite the contrary.
I didn't say that long term side effects are more dangerous just that there is a possibility, albeit a small one. The simple fact is we just don't know. So far so good, but this vax is less than a year old. No one has really had it on a long term basis. I am not letting it stop me from getting the vax, but it does give me some hesitancy when considering what is best for my 19 and 14 year old children.

Gave me some hesitancy too, for my teens. I researched as best as I could, listened to pros, and consulted my doctor before proceeding. Hopefully soon, *if everything checks out ok, the FDA will give full approval which would alleviate some of that hesitancy.

1. you can't spread your heart disease. 2. we do mandate certain vaccines and it was never this political. Thank God.
I'll say it again, If you are afraid of catching something do what you think is safe. Don't push your fears on me. I still go to McDonalds.

Heart disease kills more than that but nobody is trying to shut down our local McDonalds or fast food shops. It is our choice to decide what we want.
I've been making this same argument as well. Death from anything is terrible, preventable deaths, even more sad.

People have been dying of alcohol, tobacco related deaths now for centuries in this country and around the world. But these deaths have never been politicized and turned into a political talking point nor made divisible by politicians or the MSM. The PRIMARY difference between these non-pandemic deaths is that they aren't contagious like a virus, so the comparison is not apples to apples. No one can transmit alcoholism. But there is a debate around innocent people being killed by drunk drivers.

However, the point is this. Even though alcohol and tobacco related deaths aren't transmissible, our Gov't can do things to curb those deaths. But nothing will be done until these deaths can be made political and divisive. And more than likely, they never will be and that is because everyone on both sides of the political fence don't want their booze, tobacco, drugs, etc., taken away from them and are willing to take the health chances.

From my perspective, it's all about the narrative. We could wipe Covid off the face of the planet, and millions of people over the next century will die of these vices and no one will give a even though the Gov't could do something about it. And think about why that is.

I'll say it again, If you are afraid of catching something do what you think is safe. Don't push your fears on me. I still go to McDonalds.

Personally I am in great shape. Not afraid of catching it myself as I am giving it to parents, or some of my friends, family and co-workers who are older less healthy. A few have other health issues. And the vaccine, for me, was not a big ask or any kind of sacrifice. Guess we're just built different that way. In my book YOU are the one with fear. Or just plain stubbornness.

What is your fear exactly, if I may ask? Are we talking about long term side effects or some type of conspiracy theory?

Some good points but if we tracked the flu in the same way we could see the amount of deaths WITH the flu. And if medical providers could benefit from the recording or handling of positive flu patients, what we have been accepting for centuries would become a fulltime pandemic. Most in my immediate family tested positive and none were hospital admitted. I did have a great uncle pass and covid was listed as the cause but he was 92 with heart issues and 2 open heart surgeries in the last 7 years. From my perspective many people died WITH covid but many less than is being reported died FROM covid. Many die with the flu and no government body cares. Others die from the flu and still nobody cares.

Personally I am in great shape. Not afraid of catching it myself as I am giving it to parents, or some of my friends, family and co-workers who are older less healthy. A few have other health issues. And the vaccine, for me, was not a big ask or any kind of sacrifice. Guess we're just built different that way. In my book YOU are the one with fear. Or just plain stubbornness.

What is your fear exactly, if I may ask? Are we talking about long term side effects or some type of conspiracy theory?
YOU misunderstood. I have no "fear" of this. I tested positive, as did my wife and my kids and my mother and my sister. When I was asked to get the vaccine to perform my job i did it without hesitation since it scared me as much as the virus does. Again, my stance is about choice. You make yours and I'll make mine. My real "fear" is what choices and freedoms some government body may take from me.

Last edited:
Well said. We do have a choice. But there is nothing wrong with political leaders encouraging and/or supporting what they believe is right and not what they believe is wrong, and/or discouraging disinformation not encouraging it. In any case I think we'll see vaccine "mandates" for non-gov employees start coming from the private sector not gov.

I didn't say that long term side effects are more dangerous just that there is a possibility, albeit a small one. The simple fact is we just don't know. So far so good, but this vax is less than a year old. No one has really had it on a long term basis. I am not letting it stop me from getting the vax, but it does give me some hesitancy when considering what is best for my 19 and 14 year old children.
Mrna vaccines have been researched for 30-years. in those 30-years, there has been no data to show complications, let alone dangerous complications. the new yorker magazine had a long article about Mrna development, which is my basis. also, if you are still dubious about Mrna vaccinenes, like pfizer and moderna (and moderna is a play on Mrna), you can get a non-Mrna vaccination, like JandJ or astrazeneca.

1. the virus will not inevitably spread. vaccination stops it. so spread is an individual and community choice.
2. deaths are also not inevitable. mitigation measures like vaccination, targeted masking, etc. will prevent unnecessary deaths.
3. HS football should be fine. it is outside. it would be much, much better if OH picked up its vaccination rate.
Deaths are 100% inevitable. 100% of the posters on this forum will die.

No not at all….the only time the government ever told us the truth was from Jan 20, 17’ until
Jan 20, 21’. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️
JC, you're a repetitious idiot. SMH. Can you spew anything else except the "you're a fan of Trump" nonsense? I already told your dumb*ss I didn't vote for him and am no fan of his. News flash: There are people in this world that hate both parties and refuse to vote for them. JC. *face palm*

Last edited:
A pandemic so deadly the government has to give you one of their tests to let you know you have it. Followed by a vaccine so safe the government has a propaganda campaign to convince you to get it, several bribery programs to do the same, but ultimately threats and warnings about removing your liberties if you don't comply.

All the while passing laws to protect big pharma from liability, and ostracizing doctors reporting complications and victims with irreversible bodily harm or death.

Welcome to America 2021

do you know how a death certificate is filled out? If you did, you would know the answer to this. I have no dog in this fight, but when they fill it out, the doctor of record puts the immediate cause of death, and then can add any conditions they had that may have contributed to it. Therefore it could be congestive heart failure as the immediate cause, and also say due to COPD or a consequence of Covid, etc
First time I’ve heard of a doctor do that. I’ve never heard of a doctor say man died of heart attack and herpes

Pro vaccine people need to call the CDC and ask them to email you their statement on efficacy rate. Then put that image on here. If it says 100%, I’ll get shot. But if not, I’ll try to stay healthy, and hopefully my immune system will do what it’s intended to

It was YOU that said and I quote “vaccine isn’t working” so I asked you a question which would disprove your statement and yet you are unwilling to find the answer. Got it ??
Is this how the brainwashed think now ? Just asking so I know what I will be dealing with moving forward.
208148663_1991368787680580_6334394670601721730_n.jpg

The government is literally trying to mandate and force its citizens to take a vaccination shot that no one has any idea what the effects of that shot will hold, and people are mad at other people for questioning it and/or refusing? What world am I living in? Would you agree the same if the government forced chemotherapy on all cancer patients regarding of their wishes? If’s the exact premise.

The government is literally trying to mandate and force its citizens to take a vaccination shot that no one has any idea what the effects of that shot will hold, and people are mad at other people for questioning it and/or refusing? What world am I living in? Would you agree the same if the government forced chemotherapy on all cancer patients regarding of their wishes? If’s the exact premise.
Of course it is.

We have an administration that was installed by the powers that run this world (THEM) and no one had the balls to do anything about that. We had paid rioters burning and killing in the streets for six months and no one had the balls to do anything about that. We have literal political prisoners in captivity without a hearing, bail or trial and no one has the balls to do anything about that.

Its not a political party issue, its US and THEM. If you are one of US and stand with THEM then you are a special stupid. a lot of those on here I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.