Arizona
Arizona State
CAL
Colorado
Iowa
UCLA
USC
Utah

With a 2 week conference Playoff format this is what I have seen from a BIG TEN Official on there blog as I guess there wish list I guess we will see the reality of it.

BIG TEN future look ????

North East

Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers

South East

Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
North Carolina
Virginia
Virginia Tech

North West

Illinois
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Minnesota
Washington
Washington State
Wisconsin

South West

Arizona
Arizona State

Cal
Colorado
Iowa
UCLA
USC
Utah

With a 2 week conference Playoff format this is what I have seen from a BIG TEN Official on there blog as I guess there wish list I guess we will see the reality of it.

Crossed out have no shot at the Big Ten.

Bolded I think will be in the Big XII shortly.

Louisville may end up in the Big XII as well if the ACC crumbles, at which point, we would see Boston College and Pitt enter the Big Ten conversation (Pitt to the Big XII to join Louisville, WVU, and UC is a possibility as well).

Who knows what will happen with Notre Dame, honestly, but for now they seem determined to remain unaffiliated.

Crossed out have no shot at the Big Ten.

Bolded I think will be in the Big XII shortly.

Louisville may end up in the Big XII as well if the ACC crumbles, at which point, we would see Boston College and Pitt enter the Big Ten conversation (Pitt to the Big XII to join Louisville, WVU, and UC is a possibility as well).

Who knows what will happen with Notre Dame, honestly, but for now they seem determined to remain unaffiliated.
I think that this truly will be the reality

I would not have said this a month ago, but IMO Miami will be in the Big Ten if the SEC doesn't want them.

The SEC will have the first pick of the litter among ACC schools if there's any traction in the near future due to ESPN holding the bulk of the media rights for both.

ESPN is going to be told to kick rocks if they try to manipulate ACC schools. There's very little upside in joining the SEC with the regional overlap and lower academic standards. Clemson may be the only one it makes some sense for, honestly. The rest will try their best to get into the Big Ten.

ESPN is going to be told to kick rocks if they try to manipulate ACC schools. There's very little upside in joining the SEC with the regional overlap and lower academic standards. Clemson may be the only one it makes some sense for, honestly. The rest will try their best to get into the Big Ten.
ESPN has the ACC by the balls with a cheap TV deal through 2036. The network isn't breaking that deal unless there's a major SEC benefit, such as allowing the SEC to go to 20 members/4 pods to keep pace with the Big Ten doing the same with Notre Dame plus PAC schools. If the network breaks the deal it's only to get the SEC footprint up the coast with UNC and UVA/VA Tech while getting the big brands in Clemson and Florida State in.

Perhaps the league could be dissolved by vote, which would likely still require 8-10 members having Big Ten or SEC landing spots, i.e. they have a Scramble for Africa type partition. That won't happen as 2-3 schools would likely be hotly contested, especially UNC.

Unless there's unbalanced pods/divisions, I have a hard time seeing more than 24 in the Big Ten. Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Cal/Colorado, Notre Dame, and some trio combination from the ACC of UNC, UVA, Duke, GA Tech, Florida State, Miami, and perhaps Boston College as a long shot. If the state schools get into the SEC, I could buy the Big Ten/Fox going for major market penetration with Miami, Atlanta, and Boston.

Last edited:
ESPN has the ACC by the balls with a cheap TV deal through 2036. The network isn't breaking that deal unless there's a major SEC benefit, such as allowing the SEC to go to 20 members/4 pods to keep pace with the Big Ten doing the same with Notre Dame plus PAC schools. If the network breaks the deal it's only to get the SEC footprint up the coast with UNC and UVA/VA Tech while getting the big brands in Clemson and Florida State in.

Perhaps the league could be dissolved by vote, which would likely still require 8-10 members having Big Ten or SEC landing spots, i.e. they have a Scramble for Africa type partition. That won't happen as 2-3 schools would likely be hotly contested, especially UNC.

The ACC schools aren’t going to sit there and take a bad deal just because ESPN wants it. There’s no way they can sit around for another 14 years. It’s not happening. Shyt will hit the fan as soon as the PAC is officially done. All sights will then be on the ACC, and most of those schools are a better fit for the Big Ten culturally and academically. They will fight for whatever spots the conference will have open.

The ACC schools aren’t going to sit there and take a bad deal just because ESPN wants it. There’s no way they can sit around for another 14 years. It’s not happening. Shyt will hit the fan as soon as the PAC is officially done. All sights will then be on the ACC, and most of those schools are a better fit for the Big Ten culturally and academically. They will fight for whatever spots the conference will have open.
They'd all better lawyer up, because the buyouts (if even possible) are going to be outrageously prohibitive. This far out if it was in alignment with the media rights deal, it would probably cost in the range of $500 million per school to leave, and should only decrease by about $35 million with each passing year.

All of those schools screwed themselves for the sake of stability by signing an excessively long-term deal in response to Maryland jumping on the Big Ten. They only have themselves to blame if they get stuck for several years and get left behind financially.

They’ll get out of it. There’s really nothing ESPN can do. The schools can vote to dissolve the conference if they had to go nuclear

BIG TEN future look ????

North East

Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Penn State
Perdue
Rutgers

South East

Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
North Carolina
Virginia
Virginia Tech

North West

Illinois
Noter Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Minnesota
Washington
Washington State
Wisconsin

South West

Arizona
Arizona State
CAL
Colorado
Iowa
UCLA
USC
Utah

Nebraska?

Nebraska?
BIG TEN future look ????

North East

Boston College
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Penn State
Pitt
Rutgers