Confirmed Covid Shutdowns- OHIO

Well, we could be in trouble if Ohioans don't help prevent spread. If there are no sports or schools can;t reopen, put the blame squarely on those responsible: people who refused to self-discipline. That's it. Not the governor, not the board of health, not the teachers.

Maybe something today. Bars might be closed at 10. Sports announcement? Maybe.

Last edited:
Doing some research: As of yesterday there were 3,422 deaths due to covid in Ohio, that is a big number, however does not look as large when you have 11.6 million people in the state of Ohio. Drilling down farther, out of the 3,422 deaths, 2618 were age 70-80+, that is 76.3% of all covid deaths. The age group 0-29 accounted for 10 deaths or .0029%. This tells me older Americans that are in Nursing homes and sadly in poor health perhaps not covid related, when they pass their deaths are counted as covid. Tell me why our kids can not go back to School and participate in sports? 10 deaths out of 11.6 million people, then just how reliable is that 10 count? I call !

Doing some research: As of yesterday there were 3,422 deaths due to covid in Ohio, that is a big number, however does not look as large when you have 11.6 million people in the state of Ohio. Drilling down farther, out of the 3,422 deaths, 2618 were age 70-80+, that is 76.3% of all covid deaths. The age group 0-29 accounted for 10 deaths or .0029%. This tells me older Americans that are in Nursing homes and sadly in poor health perhaps not covid related, when they pass their deaths are counted as covid. Tell me why our kids can not go back to School and participate in sports? 10 deaths out of 11.6 million people, then just how reliable is that 10 count? I call !

If you're using the fact that only 10 under 30 have died, you should use the percentage of 11.6M under 30 to be slightly more correct. And even though you think it's all "bull", you do wear a mask in public, correct?

If you're using the fact that only 10 under 30 have died, you should use the percentage of 11.6M under 30 to be slightly more correct. And even though you think it's all "bull", you do wear a mask in public, correct?
Absolutely, I wear a mask nearly everywhere I go. Not because I like or fully support the science of wearing a mask. I wear the mask out of respect for others, along with doing what I can to give our kids a chance for a normal fall.

I wonder if some of these schools who put up big money and created positions for a football coach are rethinking this in the future.

Thats good news tom. Right? Urban areas are starting to slow down. A large percentage of our population. Seen my county went to yellow finally. It only took two weeks to update to what it should have been :rolleyes:. That map is a joke. But, I am glad to hear things are going well. Hopefully Ohio keeps up the good work.

Thats good news tom. Right? Urban areas are starting to slow down. A large percentage of our population. Seen my county went to yellow finally. It only took two weeks to update to what it should have been :rolleyes:. That map is a joke. But, I am glad to hear things are going well. Hopefully Ohio keeps up the good work.

That is good news for the cities .Hopefully, it will keep up and that your county remains healthy.

DeWine noted that the urban centers were among the first to fall under his mask-wearing order, which is now statewide, and that compliance with the order has generally been better in the urban areas.

“That is no accident that those two things are occurring together,” DeWine said of the case improvements and mask wearing.

Last edited:
Cuyahoga County Board of Health just released recommendation of online school and no sports for first nine weeks.

That is good news for the cities .Hopefully, it will keep up and that your county remains healthy.

DeWine noted that the urban centers were among the first to fall under his mask-wearing order, which is now statewide, and that compliance with the order has generally been better in the urban areas.

“That is no accident that those two things are occurring together,” DeWine said of the case improvements and mask wearing.
This is why people are upset with DeWine. He says mask wearing is improving cases in cities, yet he put a 10 o'clock alcohol curfew? Most bars are in urban areas.

So which is it?

At his briefing today, His Lordship stated, "People will still be allowed to have people in their home. We're not regulating that at all."
Thank you, Your Lordship, for not regulating that. We are eternally grateful.

So...should this now be "schools who aren't shut down?", off the top of my head would anyone disagree with 25% of school districts shutting down the past three days? Higher?

Hilliard and a couple others are opening back up. A few conferences going to conference only. I would say 25% is overstated and they may reverse course soon as others announce plans.

Hilliard and a couple others are opening back up. A few conferences going to conference only. I would say 25% is overstated and they may reverse course soon as others announce plans.
They just went remote today. How do you have any information on Hilliard from your basement in NW OH? You should do something productive with how smart you are instead of spending your entire day posting on here. Get out of your basement.

They just went remote today. How do you have any information on Hilliard from your basement in NW OH? You should do something productive with how smart you are instead of spending your entire day posting on here. Get out of your basement.

They are back in practice pods with remote learning until October.

Actually, I have heard all schools in Franklin County are now going five days a week and playing football, including all scrimmages, just like the teams in Alien County

Opening back up in practice pods in phase 1. But like you have reassured several times everything is a go for August 1st. Games will be played as scheduled.

Yes back to phase 1 for athletics and remote learning for first quarter. Not sure how that gives off the impression to cknights that they are opening back up.

Cknights is gonna be standing outside the gate August 28th wondering where everyone is at. Maybe at that point it will sink in.

Cknights is gonna be standing outside the gate August 28th wondering where everyone is at. Maybe at that point it will sink in.
I’m actually going to go to bat for CKnights, and instead say that the AD’s and leagues in his corner of Ohio need to cut the mirage that somehow Ohio is going to play a full football season with no interruptions or delays. Bonus points if they stomp out the belief that as more dominoes keep falling across state in the face of bad COVID trends, OHSAA/DeWine/Husted/the Hamburglar will render football unplayable for all of Ohio except for Allen and Van Wert counties.

-l3bVJlwLF0ORS2oWn_IMzLP-5ZAEAHzPVpm51yFOTg.png

I responded accordingly. 25% would be roughly 170 programs. They haven’t shut down 170 schools in Ohio. Laugh away. If we hear nothing today then I was 100% correct. Everyone is moving forward with August 1st! Some people are just not that smart. Today is July 31st......