Concert at The Pit May 7

Attachments

• 0A9EA18A-22D1-406C-B748-5D788321B60C.png
    0A9EA18A-22D1-406C-B748-5D788321B60C.png
    688.1 KB · Views: 40
It was a great event. Could complain about traffic parking and beer lines etc. but the same can be said of Riverbend.

Overall, it was a unique experience and we’re all lucky to have had the opportunity to be part of a once in a lifetime event!

It was a great event. Could complain about traffic parking and beer lines etc. but the same can be said of Riverbend.

Overall, it was a unique experience and we’re all lucky to have had the opportunity to be part of a once in a lifetime event!
Yeah, you could complain about those things at almost any event lol

Best concert in The Pit since Fall of 1973, the 50th anniversary concert. Actually Darius Rucker might have been better than Millcreek Express and Blue Stone Ivory, but, me and a pretty blonde making out in the horseshoe makes up for the lack of musical talent on stage.

Marty Brennaman posted some photos from the concert to Instagram. UC coach Wes Miller and KU coach Bill Self were both in attendance, too.

Marty Brennaman posted some photos from the concert to Instagram. UC coach Wes Miller and KU coach Bill Self were both in attendance, too.

I’m guessing Self is in town trying to recruit Rayvon Griffith.

I am in the background of the first pic. You can see my hat. I saw a few celebrities in the pit of the pit.

Last edited:
I’m guessing Self is in town trying to recruit Rayvon Griffith.
he is actually a darius groupie and follows him all around the country. i talked to him for a minute but he told me darius is playing his daughter's wedding song. lol. i even said i was a huge kansas fan. lol

jtk
()

i did get a pic with bill and marty though.

btw, i didn't pay 50 to park and i didn't purchase any of those $7 beers.

jtk
()

Cheapskate! How are we supposed to bring in the big recruits with people like you taking up space at our fundraisers without spending anything?
it helps to know someone who was working the beer booth and another friend with a special bracelet :)

jtk
()

A volunteer at the concert works with my wife. She said there were 1000 pizzas left unsold. She wonders if people knew they were available.