College Basketball Live

Tech getting hosed - no foul as Hunter goes over the back. Guy trips over his own man, foul on Tech. Doesn't help that Tech started settling for long 2s after taking the ball inside got them back in it.

and then the BS reversal of instant replay where you could not tell if it hit his finger or not, should of stayed with Tech but no...

With everyone thinking the game will be super low scoring and this being the lowest over/under in the modern era, I am tempted to bet the over. 119 really isnt a lot of points and there is a decent chance of over time IMO
This might be the only post I make that ages well

and then the BS reversal of instant replay where you could not tell if it hit his finger or not, should of stayed with Tech but no...

That could've gone either way, but it really did appear the TT player's pinky touched the ball last. I don't believe there's anyway the UVA player saw that with their eyes, but it was smart to push for replay.

Should have, but Guy also got hacked on a rebound near the end of regulation when they called jump ball and gave it back to Tech. I don’t think either team got a clear majority of calls.

Glad UVA won it. Was sick of hearing people say Bennett was overrated as a coach. He develops the crap out of his players. Great story after losing to the 16 seed. Pretty much everyone returned from that team and got their redemption

It was a great game, and the better team won. We don’t usually get both of those things. The tourney had a string of amazing games starting with that Purdue-Tennessee battle in the Sweet 16, that continued straight on through to the end

Should have, but Guy also got hacked on a rebound near the end of regulation when they called jump ball and gave it back to Tech. I don’t think either team got a clear majority of calls.

Glad UVA won it. Was sick of hearing people say Bennett was overrated as a coach. He develops the crap out of his players. Great story after losing to the 16 seed. Pretty much everyone returned from that team and got their redemption

He’s still not elite, he’s a younger version of Boeheim.

Tech getting hosed - no foul as Hunter goes over the back. Guy trips over his own man, foul on Tech. Doesn't help that Tech started settling for long 2s after taking the ball inside got them back in it.

The “foul” on Guy was a bad miss. It didn’t determine the game like the dbl dribble, but it’s a bad call.

Bennett has as many titles a Boeheim, Izzo, Calipari and Self. Let that sink in for a moment. Just verifies that March Madness is the hardest tournament to win in any sport and at any level

Started out a stinker last night, but turned into a great game. One negative, I really don't like the overuse of replay. That last overturn was too much. The kid got fouled dribbling up, but that's not reviewable. And in my mind, it wasn't conclusive enough to overturn. I just feel we are getting too over the top with replay. The Virgina player knocked the ball out of the Tech player's hand and it should had been Tech ball. Virgina got two FT's the next possession and that was basically it.
Now Tech certainly had the game won in regulation. Up 3, why the defense collapsed in to allow Hunter to shoot a wide open 3 in that situation was awful. You stay at home on the wings, give up the 2 and play the free throw game.

Bennett has as many titles a Boeheim, Izzo, Calipari and Self. Let that sink in for a moment. Just verifies that March Madness is the hardest tournament to win in any sport and at any level

They also have way more FFs.

Nah, NO ONE said a word about it until Gene Steratore said something. 99% of us saw a loose ball, picked up by a player and dribbled. It's NEVER called.

I was watching at a friends house and probably 8 or so people were in the room watching the game. As soon as it happened, several people said that's a double dribble. So, yeah, people did see it.

It wasn't called because it was missed.

I was watching at a friends house and probably 8 or so people were in the room watching the game. As soon as it happened, several people said that's a double dribble. So, yeah, people did see it.

It wasn't called because it was missed.

You must hang around some basketball geniuses.

You must hang around some basketball geniuses.

Your argument is moronic to begin with. These are professional refs, it’s their job to know these rules. Just bc most fans didn’t notice doesn’t mean it’s ok to blow a call.

Most citizens don’t know the law in detail, are you ok with a judge or lawyer making a mistake that wouldn’t be noticed by most people outside of the Legal Profession?

It definitely came off the Tech players hand last, however that ball should go to Tech regardless. That's one of those where they didn't call the foul on Guy, then it was obviously knocked away by UVA. I don't care if it grazed the TT player's pinky finger on the way out. The only reason it went out of bounds is because it was poked away by the UVA player. Moretti didn't bobble it, didn't reach for it, didn't roll off his leg. That should have been Tech's ball.

The damage was already done though. They should have held a 5-7 point after the two missed calls I mentioned prior.

The “foul” on Guy was a bad miss. It didn’t determine the game like the dbl dribble, but it’s a bad call.

Right but Tech had the lead - give them the foul on Hunter for over the back (Culver shooting 1 and 1), then the turnover when Guy trips gives TT the ball back with at least a 3-point lead, likely 4 or 5 with a chance to make it 3 possessions. UVA got FTs on both Hunter's rebound and Guy's trip that accounted for 4 points.

I think UVA is the more talented team, but I though Tech got the short end of calls in both their Final Four game and the NC game, yet won the former and damn near won the latter.

They go from offering Cal a paycut, not buying out average Dixon, rejected by Barnes, and then settling on the leptechaun

I actually think he will do ok at UCLA. He did pretty well while UC was in the BE, and that conference was the NBA compared to the P12 lol

1) Can he recruit southern California (does he even have any ties out there?)?
2) How will players/recruits on the west coast react to his style/persona?
3) Can he actually run a half decent offense if he gets better recruits?

I actually think he will do ok at UCLA. He did pretty well while UC was in the BE, and that conference was the NBA compared to the P12 lol

He’s going to have change his attitude. They’ll run him out of town in a few yrs if he keeps deflecting blame after losses. They’re also not going to accept early tournament exits, even with 25 regular season wins

1) Can he recruit southern California (does he even have any ties out there?)?
2) How will players/recruits on the west coast react to his style/persona?
3) Can he actually run a half decent offense if he gets better recruits?

That’s the big question, will star players want to play in that Offense. Right now, the answer is no. However, if he can scale down his ego and actually modify his Offense, he might get those recruits.