Colerain student arrested after bringing weapon to football game

ELKSONE

#EPND
Cincinnati Enquirer

School district officials said a Colerain High School student was arrested Friday night for allegedly bringing weapons to the Colerain football game against Princeton High School.

The district sent an email to parents about the incident Friday night.

"Thanks to the quick reporting of a student and the response of CHS administration and Colerain Township Police, the student was placed in custody quickly without any imminent danger to any in attendance," the email said. "In addition, several other youths attempted to flee from the scene but were stopped by police before leaving the grounds, questioned, searched, and released."

The email praised police and the quick notification from the student. It did not specify what the weapons were, how many there were or why the student brought them to the game.

The Enquirer will update this story as more information becomes available.

Ya right :laugh: its a huge deal and it happened at Colerain HS. don't sweep it under the rug.

Not willing to jump to that conclusion at all without more facts.

What was the weapon? Was it a knife? A gun? A ninja throwing star?

I carry a knife with me just about everywhere. I find it to be a very handy tool in many situations. I have to remind myself to leave it behind if I am flying or going to court. It could be something as innocuous as that.

How did the weapon come to the attention of authorities? Was he wielding it towards someone? Was he just showing it to friends?

High school kids don’t always think things through. FWIW, there is a big difference between a teenager showing off his new pocket knife to his buddies and a young thug waving a pistol at someone they’re trying to intimidate. This could be either of these situations or a world of possibilities in between.

If this happens last Friday night, it's probably not much more than a kid acting stupid......

However, 36 hours after what happened in downtown Cincinnati and I guarantee you the police officers weren't approaching this like it wasn't a big deal.

This young person who brought the weapon is very lucky this turned out as it did. It could have been very tragic.

Last edited:
Idk whatbthis has to do with the football team tho because some knucklehead brought a weapon to a game lol

I carry a knife with me just about everywhere. I find it to be a very handy tool in many situations. I have to remind myself to leave it behind if I am flying or going to court. It could be something as innocuous as that.

How did the weapon come to the attention of authorities? Was he wielding it towards someone? Was he just showing it to friends?

High school kids don’t always think things through. FWIW, there is a big difference between a teenager showing off his new pocket knife to his buddies and a young thug waving a pistol at someone they’re trying to intimidate. This could be either of these situations or a world of possibilities in between.

It was a loaded .22 caliber semi-automatic handgun and a knife.

It appears as though another student tipped off officials.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...ed-bringing-weapons-football-game/1225483002/

Ya right :laugh: its a huge deal and it happened at Colerain HS. don't sweep it under the rug.

Seriously???? - given what is going on at Moeller, I would think a Moeller fan would be the last one throwing stones. You know what they say about glass houses, right?

There are more good kids at Coleran thn misguided ones...Thankfully one of the stronger students informed an Administrator who with CTPD acted quickly and stopped the threat.

Not sure where he got the gun but I have a sneaking suspicion its another parent leaving firearms out where kids can get to them.

Seriously???? - given what is going on at Moeller, I would think a Moeller fan would be the last one throwing stones. You know what they say about glass houses, right?

Yeah, at the very least, I would think that a catholic school fan should be more worried about who is doing what with their kids.

Wasn't there a gun at LaSalle 4 or 5 years ago? Decades ago, a gun went off in a study hall at St. Vincent's in Akron.

I don't find this all alarming in today's day and age and wonder if it makes Yappi if it's another school.

Your agenda is getting out of hand. This is a d-bag comment from an ignorant angry man. You need to take a couple of days off Yappi. You are a pathetic and sad little man.

Oh please, I am sick and tired of private school folks (and not all of them mind you) going around acting like they are some sort of paragon of virtue. To see already a private school poster already spinning this isolated incident in Colerain into disparaging and misleading remarks about an entire community is sickening. Maybe my little remark was over the top. But perhaps it should serve as a reminder how much it sucks to disparage an entire group on the actions of a few. And maybe the vultures will think twice about piling on to Colerain over this.

And as for my agenda, my agenda is not to disparage the private schools themselves. My agenda is to contest the notion that the private schools are superior in any way, shape or form. I am sick of seeing public school folks making excuses when they fail to compete with the private school, and when they do, you will typically see me joining you in denouncing that. Part of that is talking up the public schools and the potential advantages they have. And downplaying any advantages that the private schools have. Vertehen Sie?

And as for Colerain. I have much respect for your football program. And your community. Colerain is an example of a fine football community that many across the state of ohio should look up to.

Last edited:
Oh please, I am sick and tired of private school folks (and not all of them mind you) going around acting like they are some sort of paragon of virtue. To see already a private school poster already spinning this isolated incident in Colerain into disparaging and misleading remarks about an entire community is sickening. Maybe my little remark was over the top. But perhaps it should serve as a reminder how much it sucks to disparage an entire group on the actions of a few. And maybe the vultures will think twice about piling on to Colerain over this.

And as for my agenda, my agenda is not to disparage the private schools themselves. My agenda is to contest the notion that the private schools are superior in any way, shape or form. I am sick of seeing public school folks making excuses when they fail to compete with the private school, and when they do, you will typically see me joining you in denouncing that. Part of that is talking up the public schools and the potential advantages they have. And downplaying any advantages that the private schools have. Vertehen Sie?

And as for Colerain. I have much respect for your football program. And your community. Colerain is an example of a fine football community that many across the state of ohio should look up to.

:clap::clap::clap:

This could and does happen anywhere. Kudos to the student for doing the right thing and alerting authorities... speaks volumes for the character of this student.

This could and does happen anywhere. Kudos to the student for doing the right thing and alerting authorities... speaks volumes for the character of this student.

I kind of wish they hadn’t leaked that it was a student who notified the cops. I hope he doesn’t get labeled a snitch or singled out. He did something very brave and prevented what could’ve been a horrible incident. Even if the kid showed up w/o intending to use the weapon, we all know teenagers aren’t the most rational people, and conflict can escalate quickly.

And yes, this kind of thing can happen almost anywhere, it’s sad, but this is the world we live in.

I heard he was packing a tar-21 with fmj on it. If my source is correct then that's really dangerous. Especially if he has scavenger pro on