Coaching Openings

Good hire? Or would you rather wait til it’s official?
URUSLA hired a Whitmer boys Asst. I don’t want to throw him under the bus naming him as things happen and as I said, I don’t know the guy personally. The parents and students were notified of the hire. 4 days later, due to unforeseen circumstances, he is unable to coach the team and we are vacant again.

CC

CC, I heard Terry is back as an assistant at Central? You hearing that?
Wouldn't be surprised if she'll bring back her old coaching tree with him and the coach who won the frosh TRAC title in 2018(?). AFAIK both wanted out when Haney started doing the things she lost her job for. Great people.

Stanley will right the ship. Develop all players, not just those at the top. AFAIK Clay and BK were both there in her last year, have to expect both will stay and finish it out. With Farrugia, they also Pietras, Bolden, and Lauren Bishop along with a host of other incoming sophs who I'm sure will develop nicely.

Dick Heller back at it huh?! He has got to be 70 years old, or close to it. Odd situation. Never heard anything about Steinbrick stepping aside. I am guessing Oak Harbor looked to Heller as he can provide some stability for 2-3 years, but definitely is not a long term solution.

New Lexington has hired Marc Smith. He coached the Shenandoah boys the past seven years.

I honestly don’t know. He comes from the boys side. Don’t know much about him. Coming from a good program so I would assume so.

Apparently it is not filled. They have it posted on OHSAA site. Fourth coach coming in four years.

Apparently it is not filled. They have it posted on OHSAA site. Fourth coach coming in four years.
Right. If you look up a few posts…I said that they sent the parents an email that it was filled and 3 or 4 days later sent them a retraction email that due to unforeseen circumstances the Whitmer guy could no longer take the position.

Mt. Healthy filled by Jerome Nelson, who has coached in Princeton, Aiken, and Miami-Hamilton's programs. He also runs an AAU program.

St Marys Memorial coach Jon Burke stepped down today as he will be the new super at Delta York

Kamesha Hairston is the new coach at Emmanuel Christian.

Did Mansfield Senior, Pandora-Gilboa, or St. Ursula ever hire coaches?

Made it back on the bench after all the Maumee Valley lawsuits. Good for him.
2 things.
1 Heard some SUA kids are sitting out because of the Hill hire (not sure how he would get a pupil permit to coach if what they said is true)

2. Heard Cori Stanley is already stepping down leaving Murnin as the head coach with all that talent. AyeCC can you confirm this?!?! Why???

2 things.
1 Heard some SUA kids are sitting out because of the Hill hire (not sure how he would get a pupil permit to coach if what they said is true)

2. Heard Cori Stanley is already stepping down leaving Murnin as the head coach with all that talent. AyeCC can you confirm this?!?! Why???
What are the issues with the SUA hire?

2 things.

2. Heard Cori Stanley is already stepping down leaving Murnin as the head coach with all that talent. AyeCC can you confirm this?!?!

2 things.

1. The thing that didn't make much sense was the chatter around SUA was having problems with coaches and parents and thats the reason for the coaching changes. They go and hire a coach who hasn't coached high school basketball since he was part of a lawsuit with parents at Maumee Valley? SUA took a long time to hire a coach and seems didn't do their background. But then again this is their 4th coach in 4 years so seems about right.

1. The thing that didn't make much sense was the chatter around SUA was having problems with coaches and parents and thats the reason for the coaching changes. They go and hire a coach who hasn't coached high school basketball since he was part of a lawsuit with parents at Maumee Valley? SUA took a long time to hire a coach and seems didn't do their background. But then again this is their 4th coach in 4 years so seems about right.
Didn’t they prove none of that stuff at Maumee Valley was true and that it was just a parent whose kid didn’t play. The coaches ended up counter suing it looked like.

Didn’t they prove none of that stuff at Maumee Valley was true and that it was just a parent whose kid didn’t play. The coaches ended up counter suing it looked like.
My post wasn't a shot at the coach, it was just stating that SUA has had problems with parents and coaches getting along and they go out and hire a coach that hasn't coached HS basketball in over 4 years and at his last stop had to counter sue parents because they couldnt handle them. So its a bad look on SUA to hire a coach who at his last stop couldn't deal with parents when that has been their biggest issue. Zeke might be a great coach, but if you can't get along with parents it doesn't matter.

My post wasn't a shot at the coach, it was just stating that SUA has had problems with parents and coaches getting along and they go out and hire a coach that hasn't coached HS basketball in over 4 years and at his last stop had to counter sue parents because they couldnt handle them. So its a bad look on SUA to hire a coach who at his last stop couldn't deal with parents when that has been their biggest issue. Zeke might be a great coach, but if you can't get along with parents it doesn't matter.
Definitely. I don’t know if he is a good coach or not. Parent issues are never great to deal with. Hopefully the issues aren’t that bad for him there when it comes to the parents.