Coaching Changes?

Not a rumor ... A parent told me that this is in the works. Coach Ahrens is on his way out and Coach Shaeper is on his way in ...

Not a rumor ... A parent told me that this is in the works. Coach Ahrens is on his way out and Coach Shaeper is on his way in ...
RULE No I--dont listen to parent rumors! you sould not spread this around, if it happens then talk about it.How would you like to have someone say you are leaving your job, if it is true or not. Then you loose credability and maybe you get passed over for a promotion, how would you like it then. STOP NOW!:hello: :shrug: :shrug:

How is the situation in Loveland? It seems they have a lot of coaching turnover on the boys side. Any major problems?

Loveland had some serious issues....parents, politics and some bad in house administrators. However, AD and principal are new and hopefully things are turning around. I still think coaches should think about this before considering this one. I think a levy is on the ballot this spring and you know what happens to sports if it doesn't pass(Fairfield, Middletown?). I think they have quality coaches working in the district that won't touch this.....Seivering, Dunlap, Hutzel, the asst coach from this year??

i don't remember the last levy loveland hasn't passed. just because quality coaches are in the district all of them have different reasons why they wouldn't take it seivring (coaches at sycamore where youd get paid more, and he's applied for it before and been turned down), dunlap (iffy situation a couple years ago, don't think hed come back), hutzel (younger kids and training kids), and elam (assistant) who has a young kid. ive heard of some good canidates interested and im sure loveland will hire a good coach and continue to be a solid hs team. wouldnt say at all it has serious issures.

also i've heard from a reliable source they'd like to narrow it down to a couple after the holidays and go from there.

Loveland HS Coaching..

Loveland had some serious issues....parents, politics and some bad in house administrators. However, AD and principal are new and hopefully things are turning around. I still think coaches should think about this before considering this one. I think a levy is on the ballot this spring and you know what happens to sports if it doesn't pass(Fairfield, Middletown?). I think they have quality coaches working in the district that won't touch this.....Seivering, Dunlap, Hutzel, the asst coach from this year??

Serious issues? I've lived in Loveland now for almost 10 years and really think your issues above are dated. I can't think of a single parent issue in the past two years (I only go back two years because of the age of my kids). And, politics normally are parent-driven.

Bad inhouse administrators?? I see the new Principal and AD as being very supportive of the soccer program. Heck, the AD was the former coach.

Levies? Have you seen the schools -- Elementary, Middle, High School?? All the capital expenses were handled by levies passed a few years back during the bull market years. Comparing this to Middletown or Fairfield is not an accurate comparison..

And, if Coach Hemphill hadn't been offered the Princeton job, I think this whole discussion would be moot..

he should stay at PHS

Hemphill took over a program at PHS that won 34 games with 23 shutouts in the three seasons prior to his arrival. They also finished in the top 10 each of those years with two of the finishes in the top 5. (2004-2006)
Loveland won 30 games with 10 shutouts in that same time frame.
According to those numbers you would think Princeton should be abe to win just as much as Loveland.

Loveland Post Season Success

What should I base it off of??

Loveland loses in 1st Round (to Princeton); Princeton loses in 2nd round

Loveland loses in District Finals; Princeton loses in Semis

Loveland loses in District Finals; Princeton also loses in District Finals

Loveland loses in District Finals; Princeton loses in Semis

Loveland loses in District Semis; Princeton loses in 1st Round

Loveland loses in District Finals; Princeton loses in 1st Round

Loveland loses in Regional Semis; Princeton loses in 1st Round

So, Princeton has made it further than Loveland once in the past 7 years; Loveland has made it further five times... Since the two teams play in different conferences, this would seem to be the better indicator of program success..

Head to head

They are 2-2-1 over the last five seasons in head to head comp.
I wasn't saying one program is better than the other...I was just saying Princeton has just as good a chance of winning as loveland. That is why Hemphill will stay and not leave for Loveland.