Coach Sucker Punches 72yr Old Umpire

Parents are the worst. No doubt.
The boy saw it first hand this weekend at a couple state title games and stated he now knows why I always say parents and fans of said teams are the worst fans. Watch enough games where ya really do not care who wins and you'll see it.

He needs locked up.

Unbelievable. I’m just throwing this out there to my fellow umpires and officials. If you were this ump in this situation, or a fan attacks you, do you fight back? Pathetic I have to ask this question

Unbelievable. I’m just throwing this out there to my fellow umpires and officials. If you were this ump in this situation, or a fan attacks you, do you fight back? Pathetic I have to ask this question
When I did football it was easier to stay away from coaches during and after the games. Also had strength in numbers to keep irate idiot fans at bay, but no way would I allow someone physically harm me (suppossed to stay quiet and just get out of there then tell the assignor). In this case the article says the Umpire was sucker punched. If the parents were truly saying negative things towards the umpire after the cheap shot, the said parents also need a life time ban from attending their sons ball games (hard to enforce i know). This coach needs jail time, heavy fine and a ban on ever coaching at any level for the rest of his life. It's time to set the tone.