Coach Steve Daulton out at Amanda-Clearcreek

RoyDonk

IMG_9035.jpeg

Doesn't seem like it was his choice... a lot of mixed reactions in his replies.

Here’s a quote from an Amanda dad last year before their playoff game vs Harvest Prep.

0B87C1D9-038D-4155-A5CE-BFA13A690698.jpeg

I’m not surprised to hear that Amanda canned Daulton because of an 0-10. Disappointed, but not surprised. I would go so far to say that it’s disturbing.

The part that is sad in all of this is Steve Daulton represented AC well from beginning to end. The man had tremendous respect for the tradition of the program and even during this cataclysmic 0-10 he stayed true to the best virtues that the best coaches could follow, and carried himself with dignity. The man did the best damn job that he could, even when personnel-wise his hand had two black eights.

Here’s a quote from an Amanda dad last year before their playoff game vs Harvest Prep.

View attachment 35577
I’m not surprised to hear that Amanda canned Daulton because of an 0-10. Disappointed, but not surprised. I would go so far to say that it’s disturbing.

The part that is sad in all of this is Steve Daulton represented AC well from beginning to end. The man had tremendous respect for the tradition of the program and even during this cataclysmic 0-10 he stayed true to the best virtues that the best coaches could follow, and carried himself with dignity. The man did the best damn job that he could, even when personnel-wise his hand had two black eights.
Awesome

I’m not sure Vince Lombardi could have done much with that group this year - they were really, really young. He essentially walked a JV age group out there against a varsity schedule.

Was impressed with how hard Amanda's kids played this year and the development that did occur. With two thin classes in a row, we knew this was going to be a tough season before it even started. You had to watch the game differently this season if you were an Amanda fan. That development will start to pay off in 2023 and should really take off in 2024, and Coach Daulton and his staff played a big role in what the next coach will inherit.