CLUB-OH 4 SouthWest Region

Now lets be serious.
Milford
Lebanon
Centerville
Fairfield(my wild card selection)

Final Game: Centerville vs. Milford
Both teams have had a great year and deserve a round of applause.
:party: :clap: :clap: :clap: :banana: :banana: :banana: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well spoken boyz! I like you Final Four selection and it just may go down that way. (Your Wild Card Fairfield is playing two out of Region teams in Delaware and Orange, so who knows!)

I'm going with Milford as well!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Using that logic why not say it will be:
Springfield
Deleware Hayes(They get the automatic pass because their from Columbus)
Anderson(they get the nod just for making a bold move)

Now lets be serious.
Milford
Lebanon
Centerville
Fairfield(my wild card selection)

Final Game: Centerville vs. Milford- so we can put it to rest that they have improved but still have a long way to go. Next year lets hope Centerville schedules a tougher schedule to see what they are really made of. I believe based on a number of things that this is Milford's yr. They have played the toughest schedule, they are well coached, and they have been there many times.

PS- If I am wrong I will be the first to post a Congratulations to Centerville.
Both teams have had a great year and deserve a round of applause.
:party: :clap: :clap: :clap: :banana: :banana: :banana: :clap: :clap: :clap:

In regards to Centerville's schedule they played who was in their division. They wanted to play Milford but the coaches could not come to a date that worked for both coaches. I believe they also tried to play Anderson. They played the other top teams in club. In the end it does not matter because they will most likely meet in the state championship game. Additionally, I find the comments interesting about Milford’s schedule, they played a tough schedule and deserve credit but they did not win those games. Centerville is only a third year program. They have not been around for 10 years like Milford. It is amazing what they have done in such a short time. If Milford schedule is such a big deal and they want credit for it then why don't they go D1?
Why do they continue to hang around the club level? The great thing is that at the end of the tournament we will probably have the state champion here in southern Ohio.

My final 4
Centerville/ Fairfield
Milford/ Lebanon

Centerville and Milford play for the state title

Lets not rehash the schedule snafu.
In regards to going D1 or being around 10 years. My guess is they are still club for some of the same reasons Centerville did not go D1 this year as their own web site claims they were going to do.

I have been giving credit to Centerville all year, and will continue to applauded them. Unlike you elklax, I happen to not be connected to either program. But happen to talk to both programs on a regular basis. I will stand by my opinion, and will hope that both teams do well in tournament so we can see the two best teams in club play each other. They did win some of those out of conference games by the way, just like Centerville.

My only fear is that with any team of 15-18yr old boys sometimes you aren't guaranteed which team will show up.

Could anyone elaborate on why Anderson is getting all the props? Is it because of name recognition? I am not bashing as I have not seen them play this year so just looking for some insight. Looking at Laxpower they beat the teams they were supposed to and lost to the better teams (based on record). Also looking at their stats they give up 10 and score 10, or very close. It should be an exciting few weeks in Lacrosse and best of luck to all teams.

Great Win for Springboro

Springboro traveled to CCD last night for a great game. As always Dj was very entertaining to watch. Both these teams are prone to giving up points against good shooters. Best of luck in the tourney to both teams.

Prediction-Anderson vs Milford in Quarter Final

Could anyone elaborate on why Anderson is getting all the props? Is it because of name recognition? I am not bashing as I have not seen them play this year so just looking for some insight. Looking at Laxpower they beat the teams they were supposed to and lost to the better teams (based on record). Also looking at their stats they give up 10 and score 10, or very close. It should be an exciting few weeks in Lacrosse and best of luck to all teams.

Anderson is a good team with some great players. They always seem to come into the tourney with a mystic around them. They play a predominately D2 schedule and play very few games against Club teams. This has always effected their players nominations for All- Region. Look for them to make a run at Milford. I think it is a very bold move to place themselves in the bracket were they did. Only time will tell if the strategy works.
My prediction is they Win against Edgewood, then beat Springboro, to face Milford in Quarter Finals.

If the past 2 years are any indication of that game it will be Milford's game, don't be fooled by the score of the season game, Milford is strong and so is Anderson, this will most likely be more like a Semi-final match or even the Championship as these two teams always bring their "A game" when they play each other. Should make for a great game

Guys i think its just safe to say its gonna be one ---- of a tourny. and can anyone post the 1st and 2nd all region teams please.

Good luck to all teams, Let the madness begin!

If you think Alter plays dirty...... wait til you see Elder

Dirtiest Game i've seen

All the way across the board. I've seen them play several times. Actually very typical that with a newer program where there stick skills haven't caught up to there abilities on the football field thus the game more resembles a football game with sticks.

If you think Alter plays dirty...... wait til you see Elder

Dirtiest Game i've seen

What game are you speaking of? You can't prove it. And even if you can you would be wrong. So please keep your unfounded comments to yourself.
I have seen many games this year and I can't say that I have have seen any one team that is worse than the others. At this level there is always some hitting.

Its lacrosse... there is always hitting. just some teams know how to keep the checks legal and some like to dirty it up and head hunt. thats the truth

What game are you speaking of? You can't prove it. And even if you can you would be wrong. So please keep your unfounded comments to yourself.
I have seen many games this year and I can't say that I have have seen any one team that is worse than the others. At this level there is always some hitting.

I believe they are talking about the elbow I heard that was thrown by an Elder player in the Centerville game.

I believe they are talking about the elbow I heard that was thrown by an Elder player in the Centerville game.

Yes but they fail to mention that Centerville, had 3 unsportsmanlike penalties against them prior to the punch thrown by the Elder player.

And one of those penalized was the coach for mouthing off to the refs, and one player mouthing off. Then the one Centerville player while in the penalty box takes a "bow" for the Centerville fans. The ref then ejected the centerville player. He slowly left the field, 5 mins later a woman followed him off the field and was yelling at the Elder fans "f..ing hillbillies".

Now that is class!

This incident took close to 10 mins for the refs to resolve, Centerville ended up with 3 players in the penalty box.
As play started to resume the ref noticed that the Centerville player had not completely left the stadium, once again game was halted to wait for him to leave.

None of this condones what the Elder player did, None nothing at all. The Elder player "claims" that the Centerville player was (while off ball) jabbing him in the side with his stick.

Centerville had to know that they were going to win the game. As a coach knowing that you have a playoff game coming up wouldn't you tell your guys to "not do anything stupid"? Lets just play the game and win.

Now with this incident the ejected Centerville player, by rulles I believe, should have been barred from the next two games.

I don't what emotions were involved they just hurt the team more for not being available for the playoffs.

???????

Anybody Know what number the player was? Did he sit out the next game?
If he didn't what could the ramifications be?:stirthepot:

"And one of those penalized was the coach for mouthing off to the refs, and one player mouthing off. Then the one Centerville player while in the penalty box takes a "bow" for the Centerville fans. The ref then ejected the centerville player. He slowly left the field, 5 mins later a woman followed him off the field and was yelling at the Elder fans "f..ing hillbillies"."

Well that may be kinda like the pot calling out the kettle, but lets recall that its what we see with some of the newer programs as the football mentality hopefully matures into the lacrosse mentality. Lets hope everyone learns from the situation and moves on.

"And one of those penalized was the coach for mouthing off to the refs, and one player mouthing off. Then the one Centerville player while in the penalty box takes a "bow" for the Centerville fans. The ref then ejected the centerville player. He slowly left the field, 5 mins later a woman followed him off the field and was yelling at the Elder fans "f..ing hillbillies"."

Well that may be kinda like the pot calling out the kettle, but lets recall that its what we see with some of the newer programs as the football mentality hopefully matures into the lacrosse mentality. Lets hope everyone learns from the situation and moves on.

Agreed, hopefully once their sticks skills improve they will no longer rely on the football mentality.