Club 2022-2023

$100-200 for jersey’s isn’t the main cost. The main cost is the facility. It’s probably 80% of club fees. My guess is AAU basketball and girls club vball is more expensive.
As others have said it more about getting kids playing earlier. Most athletes are still play basketball, football baseball and many other sports at 11/12/13/14 etc.
Yeah, I didn't know jersey costs, but facility makes the most sense. I know public schools like Walnut, Lakota East and Taylor have all started youth programs in recent years so hopefully that'll lead to more success for at least those public schools soon. But, on the flip side, Oak Hills has had a youth program for a decent amount of time I believe and hasn't had any sort of sustained success. I don't know what the inner workings of those programs and their youth programs are like, but I wonder why it hasn't, at the very least, led to Oak Hills being more competitive in the GMC.

I think any club/AAU/select sport is just more conducive to private school kids in general because they're likely coming from a place of more financial stability or parents that have the money. Obviously this isn't one size fits all. The costs of these things in general is already high, but then you factor in money for travel, hotels, food, etc. and certain kids are going to be priced out. Hopefully with the growth of the sport, some sort of lower income club/team will come about that can cater to kids that can't afford the Vanguards, Attacks, OPs, etc. of the world.

The good part is most clubs offer National light teams that travel less but practice the same amount of hours. Pretty cost efficient. Attack had practice player last year as well. Many opportunities to keep the cost down. All you need to do is ask.

Last edited:
It looks like a few more options for boys club is opening up. See below on what I have found.
1. Attack
2. Op
3. Greater Cincinnati Volleyball Club
4. CVA
5. NKYVC
I would confirm who is coaching your sons age level and find out there history to be safe. Good coaching will be very difficult to find as girls club season overlap boys. Good luck to all in the coming weeks.

It looks like a few more options for boys club is opening up. See below on what I have found.
1. Attack
2. Op
3. Greater Cincinnati Volleyball Club
4. CVA
5. NKYVC
I would confirm who is coaching your sons age level and find out there history to be safe. Good coaching will be very difficult to find as girls club season overlap boys. Good luck to all in the coming weeks.
Has anyone ever heard of Greater Cincinnati Volleyball Club?

Has anyone ever heard of Greater Cincinnati Volleyball Club?
They've done girls programs for a few years i believe. The guy in charge of boys, from what I heard, is a guy who played at Purcell Marian and then at Adrian college. Then coached at PM for guys and several places for girls, including girls club and HS.

They've done girls programs for a few years i believe. The guy in charge of boys, from what I heard, is a guy who played at Purcell Marian and then at Adrian college. Then coached at PM for guys and several places for girls, including girls club and HS.
Interesting. Where is the club located and what schools do you think they will try to pull from. Going to be hard to be competitive with the other established programs in play. Not like girls where there are a ton of players to pull from.

Interesting. Where is the club located and what schools do you think they will try to pull from. Going to be hard to be competitive with the other established programs in play. Not like girls where there are a ton of players to pull from.
I think it will be a struggle for them to get anything going, tbh.

Sad to think A2 would not put more effort into Dayton area as they have some great high schools programs. Hopefully Op can add some more coaching depth.
Attack really has ever had the talent to compete nationally that I’m aware of? If so, what year? Going forward it will be even more difficult to compete nationally with the number of guys from the same high dropping to 3.
There is another Dayton program, Flight Academy, but I don't think many players go there. Which makes no sense as it's run by two Dayton coaches. And they seem to have the Dayton area volleyball scene at heart. Would like to see something thrive in Dayton.

Any significant moves from club to club or did all the high end players stay where they were last year?
Looks like the Monnin twins from Carroll are on 18-1 at Attack. Attack 16-1 also looks like they gained 2 kids from McNick. Not sure where they would’ve come from, though.

On another note, looking at the Attack website, it’s crazy how many teams they’re offering this year. 3 teams at the 18s and 17s levels, 4 teams at the 16s level, 3 at 15s, 2 at 14s, 2 at 13s, 2 at 12s and 1 at 11s. Don’t wanna see a monopoly on boys’ club in the Cincy area, but other clubs need to do more to get competitive if they wanna keep up and catch up to Attack’s rep in the area. Felt like OP had potential to get there when Anitra was there, then they fired her and seems like they’ve been shrinking since.

Via Attack's website:
attack.png

hes-back-harry-potter.gif

On another note, looking at the Attack website, it’s crazy how many teams they’re offering this year. 3 teams at the 18s and 17s levels, 4 teams at the 16s level, 3 at 15s, 2 at 14s, 2 at 13s, 2 at 12s and 1 at 11s. Don’t wanna see a monopoly on boys’ club in the Cincy area, but other clubs need to do more to get competitive if they wanna keep up and catch up to Attack’s rep in the area. Felt like OP had potential to get there when Anitra was there, then they fired her and seems like they’ve been shrinking since.
I agree, but remember that Attack has been around the longest for boys and a ton of the coaches have played there so that's where they want to coach. OP needs to attract talented coaches and do more skills training (in my opinion) to help show that they can compete with Attack. NO club has the perfect answer, with the new high school boys programs coming online I think there will be a dire need for clubs to either expand or get created throughout Ohio to help champion the cause for boys volleyball. It will take a few years, but you will see it.

Don't know all of the backstories with Anitra and OP, but I do know she did bounce around from club to club for some reason....(and I really like her too but something wasn't right somewhere.)

Attack 18's is already showing 10 players accepted

Dylan Samuels - Elder
Reese Monnin - Carrol
Tyler Monnin - Carrol
Owen Walsh - Sycamore
Parker Rings - Centerville
Evan Tombragel - Walnut Hills
Griffin Wheatley - Walnut Hills
Ben Hagerty - Moeller
Brody Threm - Moeller
Carson Hill - Lakota East

Probably the most diverse Attack 18's team ever with only 3 players from Elder, Moeller, and X

Dylan Samuels - Elder
Reese Monnin - Carrol
Tyler Monnin - Carrol
Owen Walsh - Sycamore
Ben Hagerty - Moeller
Brody Threm - Moeller

Probably the most diverse Attack 18's team ever with only 3 players from Elder, Moeller, and X
With 10 players, would they add any other players, or do we think this will be the final roster?

Who knows, some very talented players from last years 17s are not included here. Lanter, Harvey, Terrell, and Stewart are all high level players.

Dylan Samuels - Elder
Reese Monnin - Carrol
Tyler Monnin - Carrol
Owen Walsh - Sycamore
Ben Hagerty - Moeller
Brody Threm - Moeller

I'm sure all of these have and will continue to improve, but this seems like a team that might finish similarly to when they were on 17s. Also interesting here is that Carson Hill is a setter. I don't think they'd take a backup, so have to imagine the lineup is gonna be something like:
OH - Wheatley
OH - Tombragel
MH - Walsh
MH - Reese Monnin
RS - Hagerty
RS - Threm
S - Rings
S - Hill
L - Samuels
OH/DS - Tyler Monnin

Interesting depth if this is the case, so maybe 1 or 2 kids are still waiting to accept a spot.

It's possible Threm could stay in the middle and either Monnin or Walsh plays RS. If they didn't have 2 setters, I'd think they'd possibly put Wheatley on the RS for 6 rotations with Hagerty and T. Monnin as the OH2s.

Last edited:
It is great
I'm sure all of these have and will continue to improve, but this seems like a team that might finish similarly to when they were on 17s. Also interesting here is that Carson Hill is a setter. I don't think they'd take a backup, so have to imagine the lineup is gonna be something like:
OH - Wheatley
OH - Tombragel
MH - Walsh
MH - Reese Monnin
RS - Hagerty
RS - Threm
S - Rings
S - Hill
L - Samuels
OH/DS - Tyler Monnin

Interesting depth if this is the case, so maybe 1 or 2 kids are still waiting to accept a spot.

It's possible Threm could stay in the middle and either Monnin or Walsh plays RS. If they didn't have 2 setters, I'd think they'd possibly put Wheatley on the RS for 6 rotations with Hagerty and T. Monnin as the OH2s.
I can't imagine they would go with more than 10. My guess is this is the final roster. Getting playing time for 10 is hard enough.

One thing to note here is the branding/marketing that goes into the clubs. I feel like OP had this from the start and were able to attract younger/new club players but Attack has really stepped it up this past year especially on the social media front which could have gotten some of OP's typical market. That combined with Attack's history and coaching has really set them ahead in terms of overall numbers this year.

It's to a small degree right now, but it's interesting to see some names from schools in Kentucky as well as Edgewood, Colerain and a few other "non-regulars" listed. They've had a guy here and there in the past from schools like West Clermont, Mason, Taylor (?), Fairfield, Hamilton (?), etc.; hope those schools can start to gain more traction in getting a few kids interested in club. Attack's reach seems to be expanding; could be based on the above note of marketing and what not, but, regardless, it's good to see and should send a message to the other Cincy clubs.

OH - Wheatley
OH - Tombragel
MH - Walsh
MH - Reese Monnin
RS - Hagerty
RS - Threm
S - Rings
S - Hill
L - Samuels
OH/DS - Tyler Monnin

Purely speculative, but I'd guess they really wanted Reese Monnin and took Tyler as a package deal. I think Tyler will primarily be a DS. Wheatley and Tombragel don't typically need to be subbed out in the back row, so the need for DSs on this team are low.

I think Hagerty will get plenty of OH time to rest Wheatley and Tombragel on occasion - and Wheatley could definitely see some OPP time. I'd guess Threm is more of a MB3 than an OPP. Having two setters makes this interesting, though - they could run a true 6-2 with both OPPs getting subbed. A lot of options I guess with hitters.

Purely speculative, but I'd guess they really wanted Reese Monnin and took Tyler as a package deal. I think Tyler will primarily be a DS. Wheatley and Tombragel don't typically need to be subbed out in the back row, so the need for DSs on this team are low.

I think Hagerty will get plenty of OH time to rest Wheatley and Tombragel on occasion - and Wheatley could definitely see some OPP time. I'd guess Threm is more of a MB3 than an OPP. Having two setters makes this interesting, though - they could run a true 6-2 with both OPPs getting subbed. A lot of options I guess with hitters.
Getting Samuels helps a lot, but their defensive depth is lacking in the event that Samuels were to be injured or something, unless Tyler is solid back there. Think having Harvey or Stewart would help to get those two guys a break every now and then as well. Have to imagine Harvey will be the 18-2 libero and Lanter will be their OH1.

Side note, but this roster structure also tells me that Bentley Meyer either didn't tryout for Attack or didn't accept their spot. I say that because I heard he was at some of their off-season trainings/open gyms, so thought maybe he'd be trying out.

Last edited:
Getting Samuels helps a lot, but their defensive depth is lacking unless Tyler is solid back there. Think having Harvey or Stewart would help. Have to imagine Harvey will be the 18-2 libero and Lanter will be their OH1.
Tyler is solid, but not spectacular defensively. He was a libero for his previous club team I believe (I could be wrong) even though he played OH for Carroll.

And yes, I would assume Harvey and Lanter will be starters and major contributors to 18-2. Stewart could give Harvey a run for his money.

My guesses:
OH1 - Lanter
OH2 - Tressler
S - Carmo
OH/OPP/S - Dollard
MB - Ray
MB/OPP - Shields
MB/OPP - Wilcox
DS - Harvey
DS - Stewart

Last edited:
Tyler is solid, but not spectacular defensively. He was a libero for his previous club team I believe (I could be wrong) even though he played OH for Carroll.

And yes, I would assume Harvey and Lanter will be starters and major contributors to 18-2. Stewart could give Harvey a run for his money.

My guesses:
OH1 - Harvey
OH2 - Tressler
S - Carmo
OH/OPP/S - Dollard
MB - Ray
MB/OPP - Shields
MB/OPP - Wilcox
DS - Harvey
DS - Stewart
18-2 roster is clearly still waiting on some responses, as there's currently 6 accepted. Harvey and Lanter will likely be 2 of the remaining 4. Then probably Stewart like you said. Have to wonder if someone like Voss, Krebs, Moyer, Terrell, Todd, etc. are being waited on. Going from a 5-1 with Voss last year to a possible 5-1 with Carmo this year after not having played since school ball in 2021 seems very odd.

18-2 roster is clearly still waiting on some responses, as there's currently 6 accepted. Harvey and Lanter will likely be 2 of the remaining 4. Then probably Stewart like you said. Have to wonder if someone like Voss, Krebs, Moyer, Terrell, Todd, etc. are being waited on. Going from a 5-1 with Voss last year to a possible 5-1 with Carmo this year after not having played since school ball in 2021 seems very odd.
The # of St. X players would become an issue. Already 3 St. X players accepted for the Red team. So only one of Terrell, Stewart, and Krebs could be offered that spot. The other 2 either got offered Black or Gold...

It makes me think one of Stewart or Terrell are still pending accepting for the Black team. It's either that or the Gold team could get 2 high level players

The # of St. X players would become an issue. Already 3 St. X players accepted for the Red team. So only one of Terrell, Stewart, and Krebs could be offered that spot. The other 2 either got offered Black or Gold...

It makes me think one of Stewart or Terrell are still pending accepting for the Black team. It's either that or the Gold team could get 2 high level players
Is the rule staying at 4 from one school for this year? I'm assuming so based on what you said, but didn't know if that changed.