Clinton-Massie @ Anderson Week 2

ChemH20

Massie had to cancel its second scrimmage and didn't have a Week 1 opponent does that hurt them this week vs Anderson? Or will Massie be able to control the tempo of this game like usual and prevail with a victory. Up tempo vs ground and pound!!! Thoughts?

How is Massie pass defense? Both teams will score, it’s a toss up. I’ll take Massie 48-45.

Anderson put up 45 and almost 500 yards of offence all in the air on Princeton that was loaded with D1 college talent.
(I see them matching or exceeding that vs. Massie).
Now Anderson also gave up 700+ yards to Princeton's offence (over 400 on the ground) and 58 points.
Anderson 5 turnovers did them in.

Anderson can score a ton but turnovers also kill them some games throwing the ball around that much. If I was Massie I’d snap the ball with less than 5 seconds on the play clock every time. If they get down early don’t think they’re built to play from behind, assuming they still run the wish bone.

That Clinton Massie ground and pound will come in handy this week. I think it's a higher scoring, competitive game, but CM wins. I'll say:

Clinton Massie 35
Anderson 28

Anderson can score a ton but turnovers also kill them some games throwing the ball around that much. If I was Massie I’d snap the ball with less than 5 seconds on the play clock every time. If they get down early don’t think they’re built to play from behind, assuming they still run the wish bone.
I like this strategy. Grind it out 6-7 minutes drives, Anderson can’t score if they don’t have the ball and given the results the past few years their defense is not good. I was told that they hardly ever punt so that puts some pressure on the defense as well.

How is Massie pass defense? Both teams will score, it’s a toss up. I’ll take Massie 48-45.
Will need to be better this year! Last year D gave up 20 + points per game. Massie will need to be aggressive and man up in coverage. Anderson is a lot like Western Brown they can sling it around 70 plays per game. Massie brings back a lot of 2 way players from last year.

Will need to be better this year! Last year D gave up 20 + points per game. Massie will need to be aggressive and man up in coverage. Anderson is a lot like Western Brown they can sling it around 70 plays per game. Massie brings back a lot of 2 way players from last year.
Actually the current Anderson coach was also the HC at Western Brown.

Actually the current Anderson coach was also the HC at Western Brown.
Now that you mention that, i totally forgot about that and make sense. The young man Novak WB QB is someone to watch, only a Jr. gave Massie all kinds of problems. But Massie scored at will, WB had No D. Very high scoring game. I believe this game will be the same

has massie even scrimmaged another team at all this year? i’ve looked everywhere seems like they’ve all been canceled. has to be tough on the kids

has massie even scrimmaged another team at all this year? i’ve looked everywhere seems like they’ve all been canceled. has to be tough on the kids
They only had the one scrimmage Quad with CJ and Xenia and already forgot the other. Massie started last year with a win over Alter. This year the schedule is very tough OOC teams. Hope they can hold up health wise, we missed some 2 way player due to injuries in the playoffs and it showed.

CM needs to avoid the big plays (1 pass for 80yds), make Anderson work all their offense down the field and don't get beat deep. Anderson no doubt is gonna score their points. CM's best defense is their offense, keep Anderson's offense on the sideline. Also the heat and conditioning are gonna be huge in this game. Hopefully they move the start time back a hour or so.

Massie will have to control the ball big time (which they are good at) and get a couple turnovers from Anderson. Anderson has good linebackers so this will help them. Anderson can throw the ball around so they will score. Very interesting match up.

Spectrum will carry the game. Not sure about cost $$ and Campus Nation will have it, they cover a lot of Massie games last year along with other Clinton county schools They do a nice job and it free.
Campus Nation is not streaming the game now because Spectrum Is carrying the game.

Here is a link to the where Spectrum is streaming the game. Cost $10 to buy access to the stream according to their website.
It is accessible to watch in playback too.

Last edited:
Both should put up points but Defense will will win this game. Does Massie have the D to stop Anderson pass attack? Hope to see a more improved secondary this year. This starts a brutal 4 game OCC schedule. Let’s play some football