Cleveland Guardians

Spring training is almost upon us. Any predictions for the Guardians for 2023? They aren’t going to sneak up on anyone. They have, arguably, the best manager in baseball and the division isn’t the strongest.

As long as they are relatively healthy, I see first place in the AL Central.

Spring training is almost upon us. Any predictions for the Guardians for 2023? They aren’t going to sneak up on anyone. They have, arguably, the best manager in baseball and the division isn’t the strongest.

As long as they are relatively healthy, I see first place in the AL Central.
That's what the Baseball Magazine had at the Drug store while waiting for my drugs,gottem winning 87 for the pool at McD's...BAM!

Pretty interesting: https://www.mlb.com/guardians/tickets/ballpark-pass

49 dollars per month for a standing room ticket to every game that month. I work downtown. I may try it in May. 15 home games, 9 of them during the week. If I go to those 9 games its $5.44 to get in each game. If I go to all 15, $3.26 a game.

Wonder how that will work. The April pass supposedly gets you in for opening day as well which seems to be worth it right away even if you don't go to another game. It's hardly standing room only, it's the easiest ballpark to find a seat in.

Pretty interesting: https://www.mlb.com/guardians/tickets/ballpark-pass

49 dollars per month for a standing room ticket to every game that month. I work downtown. I may try it in May. 15 home games, 9 of them during the week. If I go to those 9 games its $5.44 to get in each game. If I go to all 15, $3.26 a game.

Wonder how that will work. The April pass supposedly gets you in for opening day as well which seems to be worth it right away even if you don't go to another game. It's hardly standing room only, it's the easiest ballpark to find a seat in.
Every team with attendance issues should have this. It’s extra income for the team since maybe a fan would buy a ticket once a month or something. Factor in whatever money the fan spends at 9 games in concessions, parking and merch, and that’s money that the team wouldn’t get without this “subscription” model.

Plus it keeps every fan who buys the pass engaged in what’s going on with the team and thus likely to watch on TV and spend more money on the team in the future.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Every team with attendance issues should have this. It’s extra income for the team since maybe a fan would buy a ticket once a month or something. Factor in whatever money the fan spends at 9 games in concessions, parking and merch, and that’s money that the team wouldn’t get without this “subscription” model.

Plus it keeps every fan who buys the pass engaged in what’s going on with the team and thus likely to watch on TV and spend more money on the team in the future.

I think it's a great sell for 20 somethings working and/or living downtown. Even if you just go 2-3 times a month it's pretty much equal to what you'd pay with the online fees. There may be one month where you end up going to all 12 or 15 games. What a steal if they're making a playoff run in September and you have a ticket to every game.

Still a hard sell in April though, which is why I think they included opening day. I've had my share of April games. Too unpredictable.

I can see myself in May on a Thursday night having a beer or two at the game, they win, and then I'm back on Friday watching again, this time having 3 or 4 beers. They win again, I buy a new hat or shirt on the way out. It's a pretty genius move to like you said, get people into the ballpark.

I realize Cleveland is a football town, but you have the Tribe who just seems to do everything the right way and has mostly high character players all over the roster, and their attendance is nothing special. Then you have the Browns, who have been a joke since coming back in 1999 and are poorly run regardless of ownership, and they sell out annually. I'm excited to watch baseball again this year, hopefully people wake up and notice what's going on with this team.

I realize Cleveland is a football town, but you have the Tribe who just seems to do everything the right way and has mostly high character players all over the roster, and their attendance is nothing special. Then you have the Browns, who have been a joke since coming back in 1999 and are poorly run regardless of ownership, and they sell out annually. I'm excited to watch baseball again this year, hopefully people wake up and notice what's going on with this team.
I’m a White Sox fan, and I have respect (and annoyance) for the problems the Guardians have given the Sox over the years.

I was surprised when the Cleveland playoff opener vs. Tampa last year wasn’t sold out and didn’t look all that close to it. Cleveland seems to have a young, fun team that your fans should gravitate toward.

Exactly

Anything regarding the loss is an overreaction. Beiber never gets run support because we're always going up against the other teams Ace. Not shocking, not a big deal, he and the team will be totally fine...

Criticism and concerns that are warranted fall on Karinchak. He needs to be sent to the minors to figure out the pitch clock situation or his career could be over. Reached his limit for step offs, automatic ball called for not starting motion fast enough, threw one to the backstop, got slowed down by umpire for quick pitching, gave up a 3 run jack. That's about as bad of an inning as you could script. I know it's only one game, but he pitched in the minors last season with the clock, and had all spring to figure this out. He is a gigantic liability on the mound and I don't see how you can run him back out there until something is changed/fixed...