Cleveland Guardians

I'm probably the only guy in yappiland that loves Hedges. No he doesn't hit well but his presence is worth 15-20 wins in the clubhouse.

I like him as a catcher. He is a vet and he seems to handle the pitchers well. He calls a game well also and is one of those high energy upbeat rah-rah type guys in the dugout and locker room. Every team needs at least one of those guys.

GO GUARDS!

It’s too early to worry, and history shows players eventually hit their numbers by the end of the season, but I don’t ever remember seeing Jose Ramirez scuffle like he has been. He rarely strikes out, but he’s had some uncharacteristically bad plate appearances this year. I hope this is just a temporary blip and not the early signs of a decline. My bet would be just an early slump that will be long forgotten when Jose goes on a tear.

I do wish Jose would stick to hitting LH. I don't have recent stats but I think his average is a lot higher there than RH. I groan just a little bit when I see him come up hitting righty, even though I think he recently hit a HR from RH. Hitting LH gives him more opportunities for that patented down-the-kine HR to short right field that he's known for. That called 3rd strike in the 9th the other night was uncharacteristic of him.

Last edited:
Jose is hitting .227 right now. I can remember him going through some slumps of course, all players do, but not to this extent. J. Naylor has cooled off considerably also. Hopefully Mr. Kwan is OK. If they lose him for any length of time................We mentioned it above but Mr. Fry needs to be in the lineup somewhere on a more regular basis. C, 1B, DH, somewhere.

Cleveland needs to win the series today and stay in front of the red hot Twins. 12 in a row for Minnesota. Of course 10 of those 12 wins came against the White Sox and Angels, teams with a cumulative record of 19-47.

GO GUARDS!

Man, we really need a legitimate Major League CFer. It's amazing their record is as good as it is with INFs starting in CF everyday.

Man, we really need a legitimate Major League CFer. It's amazing their record is as good as it is with INFs starting in CF everyday.

There's a Gold Glove winner playing in Columbus. Can't hit, but neither can his replacement. If Kwan is out for a while I won't be surprised to see Straw back in Cleveland for a bit.

There's a Gold Glove winner playing in Columbus. Can't hit, but neither can his replacement. If Kwan is out for a while I won't be surprised to see Straw back in Cleveland for a bit.

I agree. I read that they are paying Straw something like 4.5 million to play in AAA. He only hit .238 last year but that's 40+ points higher than Freeman is hitting right now, not to mention that Straw is infinitely better defensively. You cannot continue to give up runs because plays were not made that definitely should have been.

Just to clarify, I am not down on Mr. Freeman. I am questioning management's logic for putting the kid in that position. Why the hell is Laureano on the roster if he isn't good enough to start in CF in front of two career INFers? He can't seem to hit either but at least he is a ML outfielder.

That was a nice job to win the series but up until Jose's bomb today's lineup was making Mr. Canning look like a Cy Young winner. I think they only had 2 or 3 hits before that HR. Today's starting lineup had 4 guys hitting under .200 prior to the start of the game and the bottom 5 spots in the lineup took the collar today. It's difficult to keep winning that way. Uncharacteristically for this team all 11 runs they scored in the series came via the HR.

Hopefully Boston will hold on and snap the Twins' winning streak. Bring on the Tigers.

GO GUARDS!

Jose with another game-winning HR and a great job by the pitching staff. The 2-1 final Guardians drops the Tigers to 5 games back. Go win the series tomorrow guys.

GO GUARDS!

OK guys forget that one and win the series this afternoon. Fortunately the Royals and Twins also lost so the Guardians maintain their 2.5 game lead in the division.

GO GUARDS!

OK guys forget that one and win the series this afternoon. Fortunately the Royals and Twins also lost so the Guardians maintain their 2.5 game lead in the division.

GO GUARDS!
Yeah. I took my earlier post down about the game - no need to dwell on the negative - finish the series out today with a W.

Last edited:
Guardians scored one in the 8th, one in the 9th and one in the 10th to win it. Another series win and another great job by the bullpen but the pen is pitching a lot of innings lately. Bring on the ChiSox.

GO GUARDS!