Cleveland Guardians

Go root for another team
He went to a Tigers school, he lives in a Bees district, and he still sports the helmet my kids wore as an avatar, too. All he ever did in Nordy-land is live in his Mom's basement and have man-crushes on Jordan Mabin and Alex Alders. 1227 the Great is all kinds of wrong.

Glad the Guards pulled out the extra inning game tonight. Out of curiosity, with the new extra inning rules, does Clase’s 10th inning count as a blown save, given that he didn’t give up a hit (except after the tying run scored) in the 10th.

Glad the Guards pulled out the extra inning game tonight. Out of curiosity, with the new extra inning rules, does Clase’s 10th inning count as a blown save, given that he didn’t give up a hit (except after the tying run scored) in the 10th.
The box score says yes, blown save.

The box score says yes, blown save.
I have to imagine the rate of blown saves has probably gone up since the introduction of the new extra inning rules. I hadn't thought about it until last night, but Clase getting credited with a blown save (and the win) with the Red Sox scoring off of a ground out and a sac fly seems pretty harsh.

Guardians got Madduxed by Tanner Houck. 94 pitches, complete game shutout.

According to Jomboy Media, the 1:49 game time was the fastest since Armando Gallaraga’s would-be perfect game in 2010.

One of the oddities you gotta love about baseball. Guy blows a save and still gets credit for a win.

Then there is the NFL where the starting QB gets the result credited to his record no matter how many snaps he actually took in the game.

BTW did they ever change the official scorers decision that awarded a hit without the batter ever touching 1st base?

Last edited:
Guardians got Madduxed by Tanner Houck. 94 pitches, complete game shutout.

According to Jomboy Media, the 1:49 game time was the fastest since Armando Gallaraga’s would-be perfect game in 2010.
Wasn't paying real close attention but THOUGHT I heard Underwood say that it was Cleveland's quickest game since 1977.

The Guardians take 3 out of 4 from the Sox in Fenway and run their road record to 10-3. We certainly cannot complain about that. Herrin, Gaddis and Clase all work 1-2-3 innings. Bring on Oakland.

GO GUARDS!

Guardians keep rolling! Best 20 game record since the 1988 team started 16-4, and we all remember the World Series that year! Oh wait…let’s just forget about that 1988 team and enjoy the 2024 team.